Page 3 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

parabasis
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Apr 2017, 6:49 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
In common usage, for as many times as I've heard the phrase 'butt hurt' for the past eight to ten years, it means sore loser. I don't think there's much cause to believe Jacoby meant anything more intimate or sensual than that unless he said something else a lot more specific to your inference.

No, he was pretty clear, he enjoys seeing sore butts on other men. Grinning ear to ear even.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 6:51 pm

Do you know him off-line or am I seeing instantiated homophobia here?

We'd accept him either way, just that I don't see anything in his posts to suggest your conclusions.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 21 Apr 2017, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

parabasis
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Apr 2017, 6:55 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Do you know him off-line or am I seeing instantiated homophobia here?

No homophobia here, just a pretty direct challenge to his masculinity. Good to see his girlfriends show up to fight for him though.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 6:57 pm

Shame you can't challenge his ideas.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

parabasis
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Apr 2017, 7:02 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Shame you can't challenge his ideas.

If you read I did, then he decided to change the subject to his "butt-hurt" comment when he saw he was going nowhere, so here we are back in middle school. I didn't bring us here, HE did. This is his level, where he's most competent, don't try and throw him off his game...sheesh.

Moral of the story: don't go tossing out middle school words like "butt-hurt" and expect a civil conversation.

Last edited by parabasis on 21 Apr 2017, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 7:03 pm

Yep, a troll.
Possibly a retread of a former banned troll.

parabasis
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Apr 2017, 7:06 pm

Raptor wrote:
Yep, a troll.

Lol, a person thinks and you call him a troll. Then you have the audacity to quote William F. Buckley in signature. I doubt you've read more than that quote of Buckley.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 7:09 pm

Raptor wrote:
Yep, a troll.

Well, ideological posession happens to - with or without spooky stuff:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Apr 2017, 7:22 pm

So who is sockpuppeting as parabasis?

If it's not already a banned member then that really should be a bannable offense I think. Can you run that IP?

2/10 troll

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 1:01 am

<--- Keeping his eyes on this post for comments about Ann Coulter's current issues with Berkeley.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 1:34 am

parabasis wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Yep, a troll.

Lol, a person thinks and you call him a troll.

I call it like I see it.
Quote:
Then you have the audacity to quote William F. Buckley in signature. I doubt you've read more than that quote of Buckley.
Yeah, I found that quote in a fortune cookie.
Audacity is only one of the services I provide.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 1:47 am

Raptor wrote:
Quote:
Then you have the audacity to quote William F. Buckley in signature. I doubt you've read more than that quote of Buckley.
Yeah, I found that quote in a fortune cookie.

Audacity is only one of the services I provide.

But it's a valuable one. Very hopeful. You could call it a kind of audacity of hope.

There Are Four Lights!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 1:51 am

Bataar wrote:
In a few years, going to the houses of conservatives and vandalizing/disrupting their lives will have the same view as these riots do and ultimately that will become normalized.

I can't see that being tolerated. They'll be going into the neighborhoods of and vandalizing the homes of people who will just as soon shoot them. That's what I meant earlier when I said some day they will do the wrong thing in the wrong place and have their asses handed to them.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 2:04 am

looking into it, :?: Berkeley uni is one of the singularity univeristies, that makes it even more appaling,
or logic too :skull:
"Be Exponential. We empower a global community with the mindset, skillset, and network to create an abundant future. Join us on a transformative journey from inspiration to impact, and discover what being exponential means to you."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
money, money, money
Stanford's in with that too, looks very great combining social engeneering programs La Singularity University, ovni 3.0 de la Silicon Valley and the autismresearchprograms is just another brick in the wall

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 4:07 am

The KKK are defunct. The far right ethno-nationalists should not be taken lightly sure, however the biggest problem right now is the militant far left. These are the groups in schools, universities and town halls, and influencing legislation on the county, state and national level.

What tend to happen is extremes will want the idealised enemy. Raising their profile.

Really these are two side of the same coin they are both regressive and against freedoms. It comes full circle.

It is very easy to sling around word like KKK, alt-right, Nazi at anyone that you disagree with.

Personally I don't think that Trump is a magical solution, like Clinton he highlights the problem with American politics down to a T, running is too expensive, campaigning goes on for too long, and to few issues are discussed in detail. Many countries including the UK have a problem with the quality of candidates. However he was voted it so this will be an interesting time.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 12:28 am