Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

DinoMongoosePenguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Apr 2017, 4:43 pm

I've tried to dig into this Common Core stuff. It was helpful to look into Common Core Diva's, stuff, but eventually I found so much that I was able to find stuff that I later found on her blog before I even read it and find new stuff that I gave to her even, including a big finding.

Apparently, when they said "College and Career Ready", they literally meant

1.) A push for more and more people to go to college
2.) To mold people into being cogs in the corporate wheel

What I'm finding is that they are going to train kids to meet "shortages" in industries, among other things. 13 federal departments are involved in this scheme (U. S. Departments of Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Education,
Energy, Health and Human Services, Housing and Urban Development, Interior, Justice, Labor,
the Social Security Administration, Transportation, and Veterans Affairs).

Their claims are that this is necessary to:

1.) Meet the talent shortage (if you've heard of Disney, among other things, you've learned to be skeptical about these so-called shortages.)

2.) To make us more globally competitive (which appears to mean UNESCO-run education)

So my theory is that the government has been deliberately ignoring what the companies are doing (with H1Bs, etc) and are using the claims of a shortage to push Career Technical Education, STEM, College and Career Ready, etc.

What is even more insulting is that the colleges are being subsidized by the feds, hence, due to supply and demand, they then hike tuition. Furthermore, instead of helping Americans, they are pushing for more H1Bs, Dream Act, DACA, etc (meaning they would rather help legal and illegal foreigners than Americans!! !!). Then, when, as expected, loads of students couldn't pay it back, the government starts offering things like "free" college as a "solution".)

Unfortunately,it seems many of us Aspies are going to be held back far of our potential thanks to this "Brave New World" that they have planned for us.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2017, 11:23 am

My problem was with property tax making the landowner a renter, this paying for busywork. I'm in favor of home or private schooling, overall, but think that people mainly lashed out, at Common Core, for fear of the unusual. When I actually looked at the material, it was like Brainetics, or some harmless edu-tainment. Noone is particularly making the statement, that this is the most efficient way to solve a math problem, as for some grown business or trades-man. It just looks like some generic, school-related activity, for when the state nanny is babysitting. You might see it on the back of a cereal box. You will buy it, or get thrown out, into the cold. Not participating is a jailable offense.

DinoMongoosePenguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Apr 2017, 4:27 pm

It's far worse than just property taxes and all of that. Common Core is, among other things, a system where corporations and the government are central planners on the vocations of Americans.

This video explains some of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55bBw1ZgqKg