Should I feel bad for thinking this way about countries?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 6:43 pm

Should I feel bad for thinking this way today toward my own country and the rest of the countries in the world? It has nothing to do with being racist/xenophobic, I accept people of all races and nationalities. It's the governments and some parts of modern society of the world that are a problem.

I'll start my first point with the modern US economy. It's bothering me when I see some other countries (usually non-Western) stealing all the growth and industry, and put us at a disadvantage for world employment. I want nothing more than to see America and the west rise again and gain whatever we lost, and have the other countries getting a taste of their own medicine.

And the direct international threats from other countries like North Korea or maybe Iran. Russia and China can also become involved, and they can be potentially even more dangerous. I sometimes wished N. Korea would just accidentally kill themselves by having their missile launch and then crash back down on their land. I'm really a sick person.

.... ....

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 9:03 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
Should I feel bad for thinking this way today toward my own country and the rest of the countries in the world? It has nothing to do with being racist/xenophobic, I accept people of all races and nationalities. It's the governments and some parts of modern society of the world that are a problem.

Only undemocratic governments are inherently problematic.

Most democratic governments have been corrupted by lobbyists. That's the real problem.

Quote:
I'll start my first point with the modern US economy. It's bothering me when I see some other countries (usually non-Western) stealing all the growth and industry, and put us at a disadvantage for world employment. I want nothing more than to see America and the west rise again and gain whatever we lost, and have the other countries getting a taste of their own medicine.

So, you are opposed to globalization? I get that. Lots of people on both the left and the right dislike globalization.

Of course, preventing globalization won't be easy. Billionaires love globalization. It provides them with new markets and new employees. The billionaires will always push for globalization. They will always want it. They will always get what they want unless we can end lobbying somehow.

Can we end lobbying without ending capitalism? Probably not.

This is what paleoconservatives don't seem to understand. Capitalism always decays into globalist "crony capitalism" eventually. It always will unless we abolish lobbying in some way.

Quote:
And the direct international threats from other countries like North Korea or maybe Iran. Russia and China can also become involved, and they can be potentially even more dangerous. I sometimes wished N. Korea would just accidentally kill themselves by having their missile launch and then crash back down on their land. I'm really a sick person.

.... ....

North Korea is getting funding from China. If we want to starve North Korea, we need to give China a trade embargo. This will not happen any time soon. If the masses tried to create an anti-Chinese embargo, the billionaires would fight back with a tidal wave of pro-China propaganda disguised as "news".

We are chummy with China because Chinese workers work their fingers to the bone. They can't fight for higher wages because they Chinese government is unaccountable.

The government of China is an embodiment of everything that Marx was fighting against. They also call themselves Marxist. You know what they say about the big lie.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 2:23 am

K_Kelly wrote:

.... ....

Your priority is the best interest of your fellow Americans and there is nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I'm happy to see countries like China and India rising out of poverty, though I wish it weren't at the expense of the standard of living of Americans.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 2:44 am

Chronos wrote:
Personally, I'm happy to see countries like China and India rising out of poverty, though I wish it weren't at the expense of the standard of living of Americans.

Yep. We're in one Hell of a predicament. These foreign workers make products for little pay. Our lives are a bit easier because they are oppressed.

If we want to make our lives easier, we should take out our own ruling elite.

This is how systems of oppression tend to work. The betas will exploit the omegas because challenging the alphas is too hard.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 3:08 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Chronos wrote:

Yep. We're in one Hell of a predicament. These foreign workers make products for little pay. Our lives are a bit easier because they are oppressed.

If we want to make our lives easier, we should take out our own ruling elite.

This is how systems of oppression tend to work. The betas will exploit the omegas because challenging the alphas is too hard.

They don't actually make our lives easier. When manufacturing was primarily an American industry, the jobs often paid living wages, at least after the influences of Henry Ford and unions. However I don't think we will see the U.S. take back the market on manufacturing, nor should it. It's really just not economically feasible to produce many modern products at American living wages.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 10:26 am

We Americans, in general, just have to get better in the Sciences, and in computer-related things.

That's the basis, really, for the "new economy."

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 11:40 am

Disliking leaders and power structures shouldn't mean disliking citizens of the country. They are just like you and I!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 11:48 am

^^ My sentiments, exactly......

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 11:50 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
We Americans, in general, just have to get better in the Sciences, and in computer-related things.

That's the basis, really, for the "new economy."

We could start by making post-secondary education free.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 11:56 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Disliking leaders and power structures shouldn't mean disliking citizens of the country. They are just like you and I!

Yes.

Logically, you can only put the masses and the leaders of a country on the same level if the country is fully democratic. Of course, pure democracy is extremely rare. It's practically nonexistant.

Thus, in nearly every country, there is a massive gap between the legal system and the will of the masses. This gap is greatest in authoritarian regimes.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:15 pm

It would be nice if there were some cabal who were to "blame" for it. Some little powerful clique who did something nefarious like "manipulate currency" that enabled the foreigners to "steal" our jobs. The problem would be really simple if that were true. That way we could just elect some conspiracy theory spouting demagogue politician who could exact some simplistic solution to that simplistic problem. But that is not how it is. Market forces draw capital to where labor is cheap. That's how industrialization has been spreading around the globe for the last two centuries. We Americans stole jobs from the British in the early 1800's by making cheap knock offs of British products. And a little later the Germans did the same thing. The eastern province of Germany, Silesia (now part of Poland), became so notorious for industrial puffery that we still call anything shoddy "Sleazy". And now its China's turn. Except that China is already loosing jobs to Bangladesh, and Vietnam.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:57 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
It would be nice if there were some cabal who were to "blame" for it. Some little powerful clique who did something nefarious like "manipulate currency" that enabled the foreigners to "steal" our jobs. The problem would be really simple if that were true. That way we could just elect some conspiracy theory spouting demagogue politician who could exact some simplistic solution to that simplistic problem. But that is not how it is. Market forces draw capital to where labor is cheap. That's how industrialization has been spreading around the globe for the last two centuries. We Americans stole jobs from the British in the early 1800's by making cheap knock offs of British products. And a little later the Germans did the same thing. The eastern province of Germany, Silesia (now part of Poland), became so notorious for industrial puffery that we still call anything shoddy "Sleazy". And now its China's turn. Except that China is already loosing jobs to Bangladesh, and Vietnam.

It's an endless cycle. The capitalist pigs exploit people who aren't protected by a democratic state. The people rise up and demand better working conditions. The capitalist pigs find a new source of cheap labor.

Just kidding. The cycle isn't truly endless. What's going to happen when the capitalists run out of countries to exploit?

That will eventually happen. It's going to change the world forever.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 8:41 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

It's an endless cycle. The capitalist pigs exploit people who aren't protected by a democratic state. The people rise up and demand better working conditions. The capitalist pigs find a new source of cheap labor.

Just kidding. The cycle isn't truly endless. What's going to happen when the capitalists run out of countries to exploit?

That will eventually happen. It's going to change the world forever.

There will be rich and poor as long as there are at least two people in the world. The wealth of countries and their inhabitants shifts around. Mali was once a rich country, as was Egypt, Greece,etc. This is why I said it would be a bad thing if manufacturing came back to the U.S. It would not be at living wages. It would be at 3rd world wages.