Page 11 of 16 [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Sep 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 752
Location: MA

03 Apr 2006, 9:18 pm

You know what that device is called? A Deus ex machina-- God from the machine.


_________________
"And lo, the beast looked upon the face of beauty. And beauty stayed his hand. And from that day on, he was as one dead."


parts
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2005
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,579
Location: New England

04 Apr 2006, 7:01 am

Quote:
Evolution is just a bunch of lies that make up its theory. Yes the Bible can prove everything and all truth the real truth comes from it. Admit it you're wrong.


Like the world is only 6000 years old and the Grand Canyon was created by the flood in Noah's time?And how old did some of those people in the Bible live to be? :?:


_________________
"Strange is your language and I have no decoder Why don't make your intentions clear..." Peter Gabriel

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php


TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,904
Location: Cave Spring GA USA

04 Apr 2006, 2:50 pm

Bland wrote:
What?? Didn't you notice my rolling eyes?! :roll:
In the final analysis, the spawn will squirm! :twisted:


What ever Bland.


_________________
Beauty is in the eye of beholder but to a theif beauty is money.


TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,904
Location: Cave Spring GA USA

04 Apr 2006, 2:52 pm

parts wrote:
Quote:
Evolution is just a bunch of lies that make up its theory. Yes the Bible can prove everything and all truth the real truth comes from it. Admit it you're wrong.


Like the world is only 6000 years old and the Grand Canyon was created by the flood in Noah's time?And how old did some of those people in the Bible live to be? :?:


The Bible says they lived a pretty long life time. Couple of hundred of years.


_________________
Beauty is in the eye of beholder but to a theif beauty is money.


parts
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2005
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,579
Location: New England

04 Apr 2006, 3:48 pm

TigerFire wrote:
parts wrote:
Quote:
Evolution is just a bunch of lies that make up its theory. Yes the Bible can prove everything and all truth the real truth comes from it. Admit it you're wrong.


Like the world is only 6000 years old and the Grand Canyon was created by the flood in Noah's time?And how old did some of those people in the Bible live to be? :?:


The Bible says they lived a pretty long life time. Couple of hundred of years.


So its all true :?:


_________________
"Strange is your language and I have no decoder Why don't make your intentions clear..." Peter Gabriel

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php


TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,904
Location: Cave Spring GA USA

04 Apr 2006, 6:27 pm

parts wrote:
TigerFire wrote:
parts wrote:
Quote:
Evolution is just a bunch of lies that make up its theory. Yes the Bible can prove everything and all truth the real truth comes from it. Admit it you're wrong.


Like the world is only 6000 years old and the Grand Canyon was created by the flood in Noah's time?And how old did some of those people in the Bible live to be? :?:


The Bible says they lived a pretty long life time. Couple of hundred of years.


So its all true :?:


I would have to say yes. Don't take my word for it though.


_________________
Beauty is in the eye of beholder but to a theif beauty is money.


parts
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2005
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,579
Location: New England

04 Apr 2006, 7:50 pm

TigerFire wrote:
parts wrote:
TigerFire wrote:
parts wrote:
Quote:
Evolution is just a bunch of lies that make up its theory. Yes the Bible can prove everything and all truth the real truth comes from it. Admit it you're wrong.


Like the world is only 6000 years old and the Grand Canyon was created by the flood in Noah's time?And how old did some of those people in the Bible live to be? :?:


The Bible says they lived a pretty long life time. Couple of hundred of years.


So its all true :?:


I would have to say yes. Don't take my word for it though.

Can you prove it :?:


_________________
"Strange is your language and I have no decoder Why don't make your intentions clear..." Peter Gabriel

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php


Bland
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jan 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,430
Location: USA

04 Apr 2006, 8:01 pm

Can you disprove it?


_________________
"Honey, would you buy me some boobles for my 40th b-day?" "No way, they're too expensive. Your own baubles will have to do."


TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,904
Location: Cave Spring GA USA

04 Apr 2006, 8:19 pm

Bland wrote:
Can you disprove it?


Do I have to?



parts
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2005
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,579
Location: New England

05 Apr 2006, 6:46 am

TigerFire wrote:
Bland wrote:
Can you disprove it?


Do I have to?


Well lets call it the Theory of Religon then :D Just like Evolution seems to be a lot of evidence for that though stuff that you can touch and see not just belive in


_________________
"Strange is your language and I have no decoder Why don't make your intentions clear..." Peter Gabriel

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php


TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,904
Location: Cave Spring GA USA

05 Apr 2006, 8:15 am

parts wrote:
TigerFire wrote:
Bland wrote:
Can you disprove it?


Do I have to?


Well lets call it the Theory of Religon then :D Just like Evolution seems to be a lot of evidence for that though stuff that you can touch and see not just belive in


It's not a theory it's the truth. :roll:


_________________
Beauty is in the eye of beholder but to a theif beauty is money.


Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,685
Location: Animal Farm

05 Apr 2006, 3:01 pm

Bland wrote:
Can you disprove it?


This is the part you guys just don't seem to understand. You can't disprove ANY fairy tale. I can claim that the universe was created by my sphincter and it has the power to create the illusion thet te universe has great age. How are you going to disprove that???

IT IS INCUMBENT ON THOSE WHO MAKE STATEMENTS OF ABSOLUTE TRUTH TO BACK IT UP WITH EMPERICAL EVIDENCE THAT CAN BE TESTED AND POTENTIALLY DISPROVEN BY A MAJORITY OF THE WORLDS SCIENTISTS. This is the best mehod of establishing truth that mankind has invented thus far.

We are living in a world where it it no longer good enough to simply murder those who don't belive in your book. That way the only people left standing are those who agree with you. You then stand around and say: "this book is true, this book is true". That's called truth though consesus. Once again were in the world of the intellectualy lazy. :evil:


_________________
All hail Comrade Napoleon!! !


Didymus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 159

05 Apr 2006, 4:54 pm

Scrapheap wrote:
Bland wrote:
Can you disprove it?


IT IS INCUMBENT ON THOSE WHO MAKE STATEMENTS OF ABSOLUTE TRUTH TO BACK IT UP WITH EMPERICAL EVIDENCE THAT CAN BE TESTED AND POTENTIALLY DISPROVEN BY A MAJORITY OF THE WORLDS SCIENTISTS. This is the best mehod of establishing truth that mankind has invented thus far.


Just a quick couple of questions...

When you think of something you have never thought before, did this thought exist before you made it?

Nope.

So how did you make something out of nothing?

Would you explain that for me?

Because if you can, then it sorta explains how God made everything doesn't it?

Can't explain it?

Then by your logic you can't think.

On the other hand, if you can make something from nothing, then so can God.


_________________
From 2 Peter 1:10 So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Doing this, you will never stumble or fall away.


Didymus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 159

05 Apr 2006, 4:59 pm

Scrapheap wrote:
Bland wrote:
Can you disprove it?


IT IS INCUMBENT ON THOSE WHO MAKE STATEMENTS OF ABSOLUTE TRUTH TO BACK IT UP WITH EMPERICAL EVIDENCE THAT CAN BE TESTED AND POTENTIALLY DISPROVEN BY A MAJORITY OF THE WORLDS SCIENTISTS. This is the best mehod of establishing truth that mankind has invented thus far.


Just wanted to say I don't require such proof to know that my God exists.

Can you see the air you breathe?

No.

Yet you breathe it and you live.

By your own logic, you shouldn't be alive, because you cannot see air, therefore it does not exist.


_________________
From 2 Peter 1:10 So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Doing this, you will never stumble or fall away.


parts
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2005
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,579
Location: New England

05 Apr 2006, 6:09 pm

TigerFire wrote:
parts wrote:
TigerFire wrote:
Bland wrote:
Can you disprove it?


Do I have to?


Well lets call it the Theory of Religon then :D Just like Evolution seems to be a lot of evidence for that though stuff that you can touch and see not just belive in


It's not a theory it's the truth. :roll:

You have a book allbe it a very old book any more evidence besides your faith?
There are other anceint texts from other religons are they wrong?
Evolution though it has it points of theroy they still have evidence you can see and touch.


_________________
"Strange is your language and I have no decoder Why don't make your intentions clear..." Peter Gabriel

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php


TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,904
Location: Cave Spring GA USA

05 Apr 2006, 7:49 pm

parts wrote:
TigerFire wrote:
parts wrote:
TigerFire wrote:
Bland wrote:
Can you disprove it?


Do I have to?


Well lets call it the Theory of Religon then :D Just like Evolution seems to be a lot of evidence for that though stuff that you can touch and see not just belive in


It's not a theory it's the truth. :roll:

You have a book allbe it a very old book any more evidence besides your faith?
There are other anceint texts from other religons are they wrong?
Evolution though it has it points of theroy they still have evidence you can see and touch.



Just wondering Parts what do you believe? I don't think I have ever asked you that.


_________________
Beauty is in the eye of beholder but to a theif beauty is money.