Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. The s

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 11:12 am

Chronos wrote:
[

In some areas, "composting toilets" are a solution to water scarcity problems. This is the case on the island of Tuvalu where all of their fresh water comes from rainfall, and they have been prone to droughts recently.

Indeed, as well as in some countries they package and sell their sewage for local fertilizer consumption.

Recycling of our waste is profitable or they would not be doing it.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 11:14 am

Misslizard wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composting_toilet
Better on the enviroment than a leaky septic tank.
It's not a good idea for waste to be on the water,it also cause algae blooms becuse of the excesse nitrogen.They are cracking down on lake homes in the Ozarks that have bad septic systems.No one wants to swim in a toilet bowl.A few beaches tested high for E. coli and were temporarily closed.
The drugs that people take are also excreted into urine and contaminates water.
You can safely use small amounts of urine as fertilizer ,not on something you'd eat.But a heavy feeder ornamental like a rose bush.Just don't do it in the front yard where people can see.As long as the person dosent have an infection in the urinary tract,urine is basically germ free.Dont apply often in the same place,and water well to prevent odor.We had an outhouse when we first moved here,we applied woodshed to the waste."A scoop whe you poop," or some use lime.No odor,no flies.Not Something I would use in the lettuce bed,but if it was sterilized I wouldn't worry about using it on fruit trees.
I have pooped in the bushes.lol
Always do it off the trail and cover well with leaves or a rock.

Keep up the good work.

Regards
DL

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 12:22 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:

Do you want a video?

Document it, for a year, to show that you're serious.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 12:31 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Stink

To the best of my understanding, holes, in the ground, called cesspits, were used before water swept the waste to sea.

Before cesspits, dilution was the pollution solution; it was more spread out.

The overall problem, whether by land or sea, is human life surpassing the Malthusian carrying capacity of whichever biome; nature eventually imposes limits on what can be flushed or buried (or burned.)

The eugenicists believe this process must be helped along, as there are too many people, already. But, that point can be found at the moment of collapse, unassisted.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 9:15 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Stink

To the best of my understanding, holes, in the ground, called cesspits, were used before water swept the waste to sea.

Before cesspits, dilution was the pollution solution; it was more spread out.

The overall problem, whether by land or sea, is human life surpassing the Malthusian carrying capacity of whichever biome; nature eventually imposes limits on what can be flushed or buried (or burned.)

The eugenicists believe this process must be helped along, as there are too many people, already. But, that point can be found at the moment of collapse, unassisted.

I think the world can sustain a 10 billion population and stats show that it will drop from there.
Our natural eugenics are all that is required. Ask Stephan Hawkins, whom eugenicists would have likely added to their death list.

That aside.

There are many uses, both modern and quite old that have proven quite valuable to us. Our water would like it if we returned or adopted those many methods.

Regards
DL

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 10:26 am

There are natural limits, to burying it, or using the ground. You can propose an arbitrary number, or nature will eventually take it's course.

I was taught that the walls, around the old-fashioned wishing wells, were necessary, in order to keep infectious materials from washing in.

Also, donations drives, in third world countries, wanted to line their outhouses with cement, or something impermeable. It eventually leeches into nearby water sources. What is supposed to be done with contents, when they are full.

Following the earthquake, in Haiti, when noone seemed to be flushing their waste, there was a cholera epidemic.

But, were sailers on a wooden boat gross polluters? It was just one boat.

Unfortunately, this question has practical value, as more and more infrastructure breaks and get harder to fix. All of my neighbors had trouble, flushing their toilets. We went to visit an old friend of family last night, and people in her trailer park, were going out, in the open, causing an odor.

How did you think that people should be handling this, in the bushes? Or, what did you think was the correct way, say, in case of an emergency?

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 3:25 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
There are natural limits, to burying it, or using the ground. You can propose an arbitrary number, or nature will eventually take it's course.

I was taught that the walls, around the old-fashioned wishing wells, were necessary, in order to keep infectious materials from washing in.

Also, donations drives, in third world countries, wanted to line their outhouses with cement, or something impermeable. It eventually leeches into nearby water sources. What is supposed to be done with contents, when they are full.

Following the earthquake, in Haiti, when noone seemed to be flushing their waste, there was a cholera epidemic.

But, were sailers on a wooden boat gross polluters? It was just one boat.

Unfortunately, this question has practical value, as more and more infrastructure breaks and get harder to fix. All of my neighbors had trouble, flushing their toilets. We went to visit an old friend of family last night, and people in her trailer park, were going out, in the open, causing an odor.

How did you think that people should be handling this, in the bushes? Or, what did you think was the correct way, say, in case of an emergency?

The bushes was just a hook, linguistically speaking.

Picture a large shallow rocky valley between mountains. Now picture us pumping it full and letting nature take it's course in producing good top soil after sitting there for a while.

Compare that to what we now do in terms of pollution the seas and oceans, one of our primary food sources.

The choice is ours.

Regards
DL

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 9:21 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
This is actually a really good idea.

Yes, but only the astute see it so far and that is not the majority unfortunately.

When are feet are to the environmental fire, they will be crying about how foolish they have been.

Regards
DL

So, have you taken your own advice and pooped in the bushes yet?

I'm doing it right now while typing on my iphone.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 4:01 am

Quote:
You can propose an arbitrary number, or nature will eventually take it's course.

Quote:
letting nature take it's course

Quote:
The choice is ours.

But, the dilemma keeps coming up, between a directed or not-directed outcome.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 7:44 am

Cash__ wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
This is actually a really good idea.

Yes, but only the astute see it so far and that is not the majority unfortunately.

When are feet are to the environmental fire, they will be crying about how foolish they have been.

Regards
DL

So, have you taken your own advice and pooped in the bushes yet?

I'm doing it right now while typing on my iphone.

Sure hope you didn't take a selfie.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 10:06 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
Quote:
You can propose an arbitrary number, or nature will eventually take it's course.

Quote:
letting nature take it's course

Quote:
The choice is ours.

But, the dilemma keeps coming up, between a directed or not-directed outcome.

There can be no not-directed outcome when the outcome we have now is directed by greed that ignores the damage that we are presently doing to the environment.

Regards
DL

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 6:06 pm

All of your creature comforts and basic survival needs could be considered damage to an environment, in it's feral form. Can you even eat a berry.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 6:38 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
All of your creature comforts and basic survival needs could be considered damage to an environment, in it's feral form. Can you even eat a berry.

Yes, but I would not kill a shark just for his fin.
Did you have a point to make?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 6:38 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:

Yes, but I would not kill a shark just for his fin.
Did you have a point to make?

Regards
DL

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 1:45 pm

A beaver builds a dam and is considered a keystone specie.
In other words, all the others rely on it.

Why can't human activity be considered, not only benign, but a necessary part of our ecosystem. Why are we considered apart from nature, instead of the most important part.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 6:35 pm

Because many ask the question, but none have come up with the answer.

Regards
DL