Stop assuming God's gender! Check your privilege!

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

08 Jun 2017, 8:35 am

androbot01 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
God made man out of his own image and then created women out of man's rib

Genesis 2:23
Quote:
And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

It's a book written by humans. There is nothing of the divine in it.

I don't care what people believe is true or not but as far as the Abrahamic religions go it is pretty clear about God creating man in his image and then creating women from man.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 8:40 am

When God tells me (nicely), I'll use the "proper" pronoun.

God is beyond being offended by gender distinctions. As long as you extol and worship this God, you're cool.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 9:16 am

First God made man,then she had a better ideal.

hjgyllstrom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jun 2017, 9:46 am

I am christian but no religion.

I believe there is a GOD! The way I view GOD is that he is a spirit in the air and looks down on us as humans. Though we live the life of SIN, as we are as his children, We must come to HIM and repent of our sin and give him our all. We need to ask of his forgiveness so that we may live without pain or suffering.
We all live in SIN because of our actions and disbelief. We as people are not happy with our lives because we fall to SIN. The devil is our forebound taker when he sees us fail. The devil is also a spirit that takes us into harsh lives because we don't fight hard enough for our strengths. God...is our savior and the one who saves us from SIN or the devil himself. God will pull us to safety if we yet believe in HIM as our father in heaven...AMEN??

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 9:50 am

If God bieng referred to as he is sexist is the devil bieng referred to as he (Lucifer not Lucy) sexist?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 1:39 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
If God bieng referred to as he is sexist is the devil bieng referred to as he (Lucifer not Lucy) sexist?

The Devil is also a woman and she wears a blue dress. :D

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 1:41 pm

Misslizard wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

As well as wearing Prada.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 2:04 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Is she the same "Devil Women" Cliff Richard warned is going to get you from behind?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 2:15 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
We not only assume that God is a certain gender, but also that he is of a certain species. Human. And that he is a mammal, and that he is a vertebrate. In reality God is of the phylum annelida.

weren't humans "made in His image" though?

Hmmmm.....

I will just hafta fall back upon the same answer that priests do when asked "is there some dude walking around who looks just like God if we were made 'in his image'?".

That answer being that that sentence means that we are made in God's "spiritual image" (whatever the heck THAT means). So God could still be one big humonguous segmented hermaphrodite earthworm, but still be have the same spiritual image as us. :)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 3:16 pm

God is referred to as "He" all throughout the Bible----then, when Jesus came-along, he often referred to "my Father" (as in, "In my Father's house, there are many mansions").

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 3:45 pm

Well, I think God is above gender, but he allowed us to refer to him by male pronouns because we need something tangible to call him since he hasn't actually given us the proper divine pronouns to use. So, I'll continue to refer to him as male, knowing full well that The Father doesn't have to be male or even resemble notions of male and female as we know them. Oh, and yes, I believe there is a God. On a side note, the original Hebrew term for God is El (which the term Allah in Islam is probably derived from). El apparently simply means "I am". It's probably most famously used when Moses encounters God at the burning bush and asks who he is, only to get the response "I am".

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 6:17 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Is she the same "Devil Women" Cliff Richard warned is going to get you from behind?

Yes,and she'll be wearing that blue Prada number.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 6:27 pm

Misslizard wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Yes,and she'll be wearing that blue Prada number.

There Are Four Lights!

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 6:40 pm

Does god have genitalia? If so, what's it's purpose?

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 9:04 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
God is referred to as "He" all throughout the Bible----then, when Jesus came-along, he often referred to "my Father" (as in, "In my Father's house, there are many mansions").

But we also must consider that in the original Hebrew of the Old Testament, the word for spirit is "rūaḥ", which is feminine. So God the father may be a man but the Holy Spirit is feminine. So God is both.

But then again. When the word spirit is used in the new testament, it is the greek word, 'pneuma', which is gender neutral. So apparently the Holy Spirit was feminine but then went through some type of sex change/neutralization transition at some point. (Probably before she/zhe knocked up Mary because we all know how the old testament looked upon same sex intercourse.)

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 1:19 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Lintar wrote:
"C.I.S."??? Commonwealth of Independent States? What does that have to do with 'God'?

"Zhe"? Is that a Chinaman? A sneeze?

I'm really lost here, your post makes no sense at all.

I see. You are almost 50.

I'm just using terminology that the trans community uses. You have no idea what younger guys are going through. :(

So what are the 'younger guys' going through then?