Maryland and Washington, D.C sue Trump citing foreign money

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 11:43 am

Maryland, D.C. attorneys general file lawsuit against Trump

Quote:
Attorneys general in Maryland and Washington, D.C., filed suit on Monday against President Trump, alleging he has violated anti-corruption laws through his continued ownership of companies that have accepted millions of dollars from foreign governments during his time in office.
Though the lawsuit notes that while Mr. Trump announced in January that he was turning the leadership and management of the Trump Organization over to his sons — Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr. — it states that the plan “did not include relinquishing ownership of his businesses or establishing a blind trust.”
The suit alleges the president is in violation of the Constitution’s “emoluments” clause due to his business interests.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Jun 2017, 12:07 pm

Won't go anywhere, conflict of interest laws don't apply to the president. He's not required to sell his company or put it into a blind trust(which would be pointless given the nature of Trump's brand) It would be technically legal for Trump to run the day to day operations of his business and be president if he really wanted to, this precedence for this goes back to the time of the founders, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were prominent businessman and continued to operate their many dealings out of Mount Vernon and Monticello respectively while president. These places are tourist attractions now, perhaps you folks should visit them sometime. :D