Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 12:24 pm

They shout no hate, no hope, but then beat people. I don't get it.

Really glad I not live in Portland, seems they have violent protests on weekly if not daily basis.

They all wear masks too, like if your cause is legit why are you afraid to show your face, people fighting for civil rights with mlk didn't wear mask to hid their faces.

Makes me worried. As much as there's stuff I'd like to see there I won't be visiting Portland.
:s

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 3:38 pm

It wasn't always like this unless the news is just reporting it more and I think the conspiracy would be it's to keep people from moving here because newcomers are driving up our cost of living so if we make our town look bad, they won't come. :twisted:

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 4:42 pm

League_Girl wrote:
It wasn't always like this unless the news is just reporting it more and I think the conspiracy would be it's to keep people from moving here because newcomers are driving up our cost of living so if we make our town look bad, they won't come. :twisted:
but wouldn't it attract more protesters and riots from the left to move there.

The governor is liberal, the mayor is liberal, the police and courts are super liberal, so what and who are they rioting against there. I think people are right the liberal progressive movement is now imploding on itself by its younger members attacking the older members.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 6:03 pm

Those people in Portland are idiots. Whether they're "leftists," "Trumpsters," or whatever.

Anybody from any political persuasion---pro gun, ant gun, etc., are capable of being idiots.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 10:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Those people in Portland are idiots. Whether they're "leftists," "Trumpsters," or whatever.

Anybody from any political persuasion---pro gun, ant gun, etc., are capable of being idiots.

I have not in my life seen weekly or daily violent riots from the right. I can't even remember any case of violent rioting from the right.
They tend to register in advance their peaceful assembly with accordance to the law.

They'll blm or antify(anti trump)

Im not going near Portland in fear I'll get killed or end up in jail for defending myself against a mob.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 11:08 pm

...How about the recent attacks on " brown/tan " people ? Including , in Portland , that recent train killing of the girls' defenders . Or attacks at birth control places ? Those are extreme right wing causes .
(Yes , of course every right-wing person is not like that , and I suppose I could rhetorically acknowledge you seem to be referring to mass attacks .)

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 11:09 pm

...How about the recent attacks on " brown/tan " people ? Including , in Portland , that recent train killing of the girls' defenders . Or attacks at birth control places ? Those are extreme right wing causes .
(Yes , of course every right-wing person is not like that , and I suppose I could rhetorically acknowledge you seem to be referring to mass attacks .)

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 12:51 am

ASS-P wrote:

You mean the crazy Bernie supporter who killed a military vet and left leaning person and injured another. Yeah people on the right just love Bernie Sandler and his pro communism ideas >.>

What attacks on brown people by thousands of conservatives in a rioting mob have happen? Someone saying hate speech online is no where close to these rioters smashing people's proper and beating people repeatedly. Portland sees almost daily violent rioting . Kinda surprise marshal law hasn't been declared. People can't hold city's under mob rule, that's not ok. Go sign petitions or fund raise to raise awareness, don't go beat up people for their political beliefs or burn down buildings and cars.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 9:41 am

...Your haven't provided links to back up your stories of anti-Semitic riots by thousands of people , etc. Why is that ? :wink:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 10:38 am

Nuts are nuts, whatever their political persuasion.

I would still go to Portland. It's a nice city. It's extremely unlikely that you'll be set upon by a mob. Just don't go into dicey areas, and don't start talking about gun control to complete strangers.

I work and live in NYC. Which is supposed to be a "cesspool" or whatever. In most parts of NYC, I can walk the streets in complete safety.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 11:48 am

sly279 wrote:

The governor is liberal, the mayor is liberal, the police and courts are super liberal, so what and who are they rioting against there. I think people are right the liberal progressive movement is now imploding on itself by its younger members attacking the older members.

That is part of the problem there. Nothing wrong with bieng a liberal or alternative town per se but when progressive slips into accepting SJW mentality the problems happen.

New York City is one of the progressive diverse places in the world but what is happining in Berkeley and Portland is not happing around here because it is not tolerated anymore. It used to be there was 2000 murders a year. In 1977 the lights went out one hot night there was looting and arson on a mass scale. In 2003 when the lights went out one hot summer day much less happened. In '77 people said hey it is New York what do you expect. After awhile the public had enough. In 1984 a nerd named Bernie Goetz was surrounded in the subway by teens who asked him for change. He assumed he was about to be mugged again and shot them all. It was then and still is controversial with allegations of racism. The press and police asked the public for help to catch the vigilante. That did not happen, instead Goetz recieved intense public support. After that it was Giuliani time and more importantly zero tolerance for small crimes led to catching chronic criminals. Now it not Guliani time. The current mayor is arguably the most progressive in the New York's history. What remains is a lack of desire to go back to the "bad old days". And after 9/11 NYC knows where political fanaticism leads to. The media here is seething anti Trump, but jumps all over any increase in crime.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 11:54 am

League_Girl wrote:

These days, only the Deep South and Midwest "flyover country" are affordable.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 12:00 pm

Actually, Bernie was asked for $5.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jun 2017, 12:13 pm

Extremely biased commentary, Sly.

Last week, a Trump supporter racially abused two people, and then stabbed three more, killing two of them.

Trump supporters were already having a protest in Portland, and three separate groups set up counter-protests (even though these people had little or nothing to do with the murder).

The protest and counter-protests were largely peaceful although 14 people were arrested (from both sides). The antifascists were handing out ice cream.

When the Trump supporters started to go home, the police tried to force the anti-fascists to disperse, and some reacted badly, throwing tampons and possibly a stone. The police responded with their military-grade weapons.

Report here: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-oreg ... SKBN18V0J0

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 12:24 pm

I didn't think there were that many Trump supporters up there.

If any places in the U.S. need antifa action, it's places like Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Alabama, Mississippi, etc.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jun 2017, 12:32 pm

The Trump supporters were hugely outnumbered by the three protests.

In rural areas where there's one fascist in every village, there may be more fascists per capita than in a big city, but it's harder for them to get organised. Most Republican voters, and even most at this protest, are not fascists.