Antifa - freedom fighters, necessary evil, terrorists?

Page 4 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 9:57 am

Yeah cause I'm sure antifa doesn't have group pages, forums and group funding to organize their attacks. You don't get large groups of people together like they do without some kind of organizational system.
The government could us their own organization system to identify every antifa member. They could also just identify them at their attacks/protests. Don't want to be identified as a terrorist and arrested don't attend antifa gatherings.
Same way the left says anyone who went to that protest was a nazi.

I simply don't attend protests as they usually turn violent and I don't want to have anything to do with violence.
The type of protests we had in the 60s of peace are long gone. Gun rights groups of rallies all the time I don't go cause counter people show up and try to start stuff. I sign petitions and mail representatives much more civilized and peaceful

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 10:58 am

sly279 wrote:
Yeah cause I'm sure antifa doesn't have group pages, forums and group funding to organize their attacks. You don't get large groups of people together like they do without some kind of organizational system.
The government could us their own organization system to identify every antifa member. They could also just identify them at their attacks/protests. Don't want to be identified as a terrorist and arrested don't attend antifa gatherings.
Same way the left says anyone who went to that protest was a nazi.

I simply don't attend protests as they usually turn violent and I don't want to have anything to do with violence.
The type of protests we had in the 60s of peace are long gone. Gun rights groups of rallies all the time I don't go cause counter people show up and try to start stuff. I sign petitions and mail representatives much more civilized and peaceful

Often the 60's protests were not peaceful

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 10:56 pm

The pasty Communist antifa thugs don't look like much without their hoods.

Cops Post Mugshots Of Antifa Rioters, Liberals Freak Out

https://lidblog.com/mugshots-antifa/

There Are Four Lights!

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 11:03 pm

Still not as dangerous as Trump’s vile KKK and Neo Nazi thugs who look even worse - like bumbling hillbillies straight out of ‘The Deliverence’ (come to think of it, that’s how most Trumpsters look as well). :lol:

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 8:54 am

In 2012-2013 when I was in grad school, a girl who started with me did her thesis on Antifa. She was embedded with them, appeared to be one of them. She would travel to attend their Occupy events. I skimmed her published thesis afterward. It was about why people would be a part of a movement like that.

I didn’t read carefully, just skimmed, but she seemed to be saying that they did it to overcome personal strife. Like they needed a cause to fight for because of bad things that happened to them.

Side note: she did her dissertation on something about PTSD, so maybe that was related.

When I was friends with her and she was doing all that, Antifa seemed to be made up of homeless people. They lived at the Occupy sites. My friend would bring them local food like free bruised fruit from the supermarket and whatnot. When she brought people around campus, they were usually dressed like Sid Vicious and always had wrecked teeth. Like painful looking, rough, rough teeth.

It gave me the impression that the Antifa that we see on the news is not a lot like what it might be like on the front lines. Homeless people can be desperate, for living in difficult situations. They may have chosen homelessness over something they perceived as worse, like abuse in the home, or a trauma they are running from.

I think if we can solve the homeless problem, starting at why they are homeless in the first place, we might not have as much confusion going on with public protests.

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 12:01 pm

There are two types of Antifa. 1. There is the black bloc which consists of violent radicals. 2. Normal antifascists who are a bit more pacifist.

The black bloc is the group that most people hate and many people who aren't that well educated on the topic label as the general Antifa.

I know plenty of antifa members who do not smash windows and who first and foremost trust in peaceful demonstration. But I also know some black bloc members who have become estranged because they are too violent and zealous for my taste.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 3:25 am

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Still not as dangerous as Trump’s vile KKK and Neo Nazi thugs who look even worse - like bumbling hillbillies straight out of ‘The Deliverence’ (come to think of it, that’s how most Trumpsters look as well). :lol:

Antifa is trying to violently eliminate free speech of anyone they disagree with. On a national scale, that's quite a bit worse than anything the modern KKK is doing.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 7:59 am

Bataar wrote:
Spooky_Mulder wrote:

Antifa is trying to violently eliminate free speech of anyone they disagree with. On a national scale, that's quite a bit worse than anything the modern KKK is doing.

They target bigots. Name one non far-right figure that they’ve gone after. As a minority, I have zero sympathy for any of their far right targets.

Also, let me guess you’re a white straight Christian. In other words, not the KKK target. In other words, no wonder you feel safe. They want to recruit you - not kill you.

As a hispanic, immigrant, bisexual -

No - the KKK wants ME dead and/or exiled and they are nation-wide.

Not to mention the far right STATISTICALLY cause the MOST domestic terrorist attacks in the US.

Statistical TERRORISTS are much, much worse.

Former Klansmen and Neo Nazis who have reformed even agree that KKK and Nazis are the real threat.

So, suure, anti fa, who target the far right, are more dangerous than the far right who cause the most domestic statistical terrorist attacks in modern day United States. :roll:

But, as said, I’m willing to bet a million dollars the KKK don’t even register for you because you’re not their target.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 9:55 am

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Bataar wrote:
Spooky_Mulder wrote:

They target bigots. Name one non far-right figure that they’ve gone after. As a minority, I have zero sympathy for any of their far right targets.

Also, let me guess you’re a white straight Christian. In other words, not the KKK target. In other words, no wonder you feel safe. They want to recruit you - not kill you.

As a hispanic, immigrant, bisexual -

No - the KKK wants ME dead and/or exiled and they are nation-wide.

Not to mention the far right STATISTICALLY cause the MOST domestic terrorist attacks in the US.

Statistical TERRORISTS are much, much worse.

Former Klansmen and Neo Nazis who have reformed even agree that KKK and Nazis are the real threat.

So, suure, anti fa, who target the far right, are more dangerous than the far right who cause the most domestic statistical terrorist attacks in modern day United States. :roll:

But, as said, I’m willing to bet a million dollars the KKK don’t even register for you because you’re not their target.

The Nazis are worse because they want to kill me while Antifa would want to violently take away my right to free speech and kick me out of my job and cyberstalk me and make sure I never have a moment of peace if THEY determine I am a facist. Because the Nazis/KKK are more vile does not mean Antifa is not vile.

As Trump has emboldened bigots Antifa has emboldened political censors. Political censorship has support among influential companies and trendsetters and the generation coming into power. It is not a matter of sympathy it is a matter of do we have free speech rights and the ability to sprout our opinion without serious threat or we don’t. Nazis and are such unsympathetic figures and what person with any degree of sympathy would not get a thrill out of seeing Sandy Hook parents beating the crap out of Alex Jones? Targeting bad people are an effective way to start a campaign to eliminate the ability for people to say what is deemed dangerous or just plain wrong via mob rule.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 12 Aug 2018, 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 10:01 am

Yeah - still no sympathy for the far right from me at all.

I couldn’t give a f about the far right’s “right” to sprout bigotry.

I want Germany’s law that makes even waving a nazi flag illegal to apply to Nazis and Confederate scum in the states. Extreme? I think not. Boomers would likely disagree, but we’ve seen where kid gloves have led.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 11:02 am

Spooky_Mulder wrote:

I want Germany’s law that makes even waving a nazi flag illegal to apply to Nazis and Confederate scum in the states. Extreme? I think not. Boomers would likely disagree, but we’ve seen where kid gloves have led.

Included in those boomers would be Noam Chomsky, who I remember talking about laws against holocaust denial in Europe having the Streisand effect in that the media tends to report on books or articles people would have never otherwise heard of where while it's technically legal in the US no one's heard of such people and would just assume they're boneheads. Similarly Alex Jones is enjoying a meteoric spike in viewership thanks to his Facebook, Youtube, Apple, and Spotify banning.

It's not that I don't think problems such as racism or bigotry can't be solved, we just have to keep in mind that blunt instruments like censorship have enough side-effects to choke out any value they would have otherwise provided - especially when western democracies who still assure broader expressive freedoms dabble in them because the criticism and notice of the problem with the approach will tend to go viral.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 12:26 pm

Spooky_Mulder wrote:

I have seen where violently silencing despised people and ideas have led. All you have to do is understand an important reason why the Nazi's whom antifa is targeting were able to do all the damage they did. Maybe that is why we out of touch destined to go to the ashbin of history boomers fear your ideas and the actual power you are gaining.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 12:39 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
boomers fear your ideas and the actual power you are gaining.

You are describing every older generation since the beginning of human history.

With that said, we Millennials are terrified of Baby Boomers - Boomers gave us a world where the economy is failing, democracy has basically died, the environment is closing in on apocalyptic times, and that's not even counting everything more Boomers could also destroy with Trump leading their charge. It takes "sins of our father's past" to disturbing levels.

Which is classic of how younger generations view older generations - I hope. I'm unsure how many generations did inherit Rome on fire though.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 12:56 pm

Antifa thugs beat police officer in Charlottesville (video):

https://twitter.com/WiredSources/status ... 6842303488

Antifa thug assaults news cameraman -- “Fu** you, snitch ass news b***h. Fu** you” (video):

https://twitter.com/CalNBC/status/1028454081684234240

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 1:21 pm

Antifa thugs speak their mind:

“Last Year They Came w/ Torches - This Year They Come w/ Badges”

“Behind Every Cop a Klansman”

https://twitter.com/Cameron_Gray/status ... 7238733824

There Are Four Lights!

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 1:51 pm

Darmok wrote:
Antifa thugs speak their mind:

“Last Year They Came w/ Torches - This Year They Come w/ Badges”

“Behind Every Cop a Klansman”

https://twitter.com/Cameron_Gray/status ... 7238733824

This belief has been around since the 70s at the very least and the belief is due to corruption within police precincts not getting handled in the way that it should be.

Anyone who denies police corruption which favors white supremacy is blind, even the FBI have acknowledged this and conducted an investigation which found that infiltration is factually occurring.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/the-fbi-has-quietly-investigated-white-supremacist-infiltration-of-law-enforcement/

It's wrong to paint all cops as white supremacists, but to act as though white supremacy doesn't involve police precincts is flat-out denial. It's also obvious why Trumpsters would wish to act like white supremacy isn't a police corruption problem (hint: many of them see it as a positive thing).

On that note: let the doxxing begin. Plenty of white supremacist Trump supporters are going to fired after today. At least there is one silver lining.

Last edited by Spooky_Mulder on 12 Aug 2018, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.