This is why I get Benny Hinn & Benny Hill confused

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 3:49 pm

This kind of thing is why I keep getting Benny Hinn and Benny Hill confused.

Quote:
"In a town named Blue Eye near Branson, Mo., disgraced televangelist Jim Bakker continues his comeback, prepping souls for a nuclear apocalypse, one bucket of “Staying Alive” freeze-dried food at a time.

On Monday The Daily Mail published a behind-the-scenes look at Bakker’s ministry, which set up in Missouri 14 years ago. (Bakker himself did not speak to The Daily Mail for the story.)

Bakker’s ministry is getting buzz as of late. In May Buzzfeed published its own lengthy recounting of the Jim Bakker saga, detailing his current ministry in Missouri.

The Daily Mail, a British publication, equated Bakker’s Christian community, called Morningside, with a theme park, complete with a movie-set indoor town square guarded by a 15-foot statue of Jesus.

That’s where Bakker and his wife, Lori, film “The Jim Bakker Show,” a TV ministry with an end-of-days theme that sells “survival buckets.”"

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-w ... 53847.html
I look at this and have to :roll: :roll: :roll: and I am a Christian and do live in Missouri.

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Inside Jim Bakker's Missouri town prepping for the nuclear Apocalypse and ECLIPSE fallout – where people come to stock up on freeze-dried meals and idolize the TV preacher who was jailed for fraud and accused of rape

Televangelist Jim Bakker profits off his doomsday message of the impending Apocalypse by selling freeze-dried meals to keep his followers alive
DailyMail.com visited his Christian community Morningside in Blue Eye, Missouri where Bakker and his wife film their TV program and sell their survival buckets
A year's supply of pancakes with a 30-year shelf life costs $550 dollars and a 102 servings of freeze fried Italian food costs $392
Morningside looks similar to a theme park, featuring a brightly painted indoor town square dominated by a 15ft tall Jesus statue
Bakker was forced out of his last ministry and imprisoned for defrauding his flock of $158 million, allegedly raped a woman and paid her to keep quiet and was caught having a gay orgy by a professional clown
doses Wigger lists some of their extraordinary spending sprees – $24,500 on furs and $27,500 on jewelry on one single Manhattan shopping trip and $170,000 on three antique cars in one day. of salt in everything.
Possibly attempting some scaremongering ahead of next Monday's eclipse, he added: 'The sun and the moon will go dark and what will happen when the sun doesn't shine and nuclear winter takes place?'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lypse.html

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 10:13 am

Benny Hill = Funny
Benny Hinn = WIERD!! !

As somebody who does have have some survivalist/prepper tendancies, I find that there is a VERY large contingent of Loonies that also ascribe to those same tendancies.

The reasons for prepping are quite logical, sometimes society and it's infrastructure fail, and ultimately it comes down to your own rescources to pull through it in one piece Hurricanes, Blizzards, Earthquakes, Major economic downturns are all valid reasons.

New World Order/ One world Government crap, Gigantic Asteroids crashing into the planet, The Rise of the Antichrist, Martians, etc, are all paranoic horse s**t.

I'd also like to point out that while Jim Bakker is a lowlife, his son seems to be okay.