Based on physics, what insights do you make about reality?

Page 9 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 9:01 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I actually think that would be an incredibly useful conversation if you could shed light on it.
Part of the problem we tend to run into on forums like these is that most ideas get bogged down on politics and identity standoffs.

I noticed this topic contained a lot of ...

"accusations of making fallacies" and "I'm right not you" juvenile arguments

Perhaps there is a better way to express our ideas, and appreciate other people's ideas.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 9:06 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Perhaps there is a better way to express our ideas, and appreciate other people's ideas.[/b]

Unfortunately we're human, and what you're talking about is a level of attained mutual respect that often times doesn't happen until we get the ugly stuff out of the way.

My suggestion, if you see that kind of thing and want to take a hand in steering, is interject and try to steer the conversation in more positive directions in real time. By the time we're conducting a post-mortem analysis its too late.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

spoirier
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Dec 2017, 2:49 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I got a kick of your mentioning my Jane Roberts comment.

No I was making my own comment about Jane Roberts independently of yours. I first stumbled on some Seth writings, starting with "Now - and this will seem like a contradiction in terms - there is nonbeing" last winter and found it fascinating, as I found there a lot in common with the view I already had, and so well formulated. Then I started commenting it there but it remains very incomplete.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 7:40 am

TY for the clarification.

Also, if your into looking at this side of things - if you haven't heard of them already - you'd probably get a kick out of Mark Stavish and Gordon White.

On a separate note, after reading Seth Speaks and the Nature of Personal Reality (late 2012) I ended up taking a brief break to go back through the bible before I landed on Rudolph Steiner's work which then spun off to Manly P Hall and eventually the Golden Dawn diaspora authors. I keep hearing debates between magicians who think that Samuel MacGregor Mathers innovation to the Tree of Life and major trumps of the tarot were critical or that the Cypher Manuscript (apparently smuggled Elus Cohen material) was a major step forward in making the Tree of Life workable, others who say the opposite - ie. that really after 19th century Rosicrucianism and Martinism the trail goes a bit cold in terms of results. Apparently Franz Bardon still gets spoken well of on all sides even being mid 20th century. Still trying to hash out what I think but at this point I'm really guessing it has more to do with the person and how well they can operate on themselves, ie. that the symbols would have to be 'way' off not to feed intuition at all.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

spoirier
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Dec 2017, 1:45 pm

Sorry I did not know about Mark Stavish and Gordon White and still now quickly looking at them (while it does not seem easy to get a clear introduction to their works) I still can't find an interest in looking further.
The only meaningful info I found is this.

You may be surprised but I felt pretty much repelled by the topic of The Nature of Personal Reality (looking at the table of contents and a few quick things at random) which sounded to me of the sort "Hey come on I have some super mega BS to tell you so you can win the lottery" which prevented me from looking further. So my impression on Seth is very mixed : I love some of his writings so I agree he must have really explored other realities to be able to tell that but other parts I regard as crap.
The bible ? I was Evangelical Christian in the past until my faith crashed very badly and I discovered how full of BS is the Christian doctrine (thus also the Bible). Generally I loved reading testimonies of NDE and some OBE but outside that I don't expect much from the esoteric literature, as I think most of it is crap, in particular I wrote the criticism of Neale Donald Walsch which appears among the top google results on his name or "conversations with God", so it was a surprise to me to recently see those amazing excerpts from Seth... which have been long forgotten since the time of writing, in favor of lots of worse stuff.
To have an idea of how different from this is my philosophy, look at some texts of mine, for example here, there, there, there, there and there. You can also see how I logically combine my spiritualist metaphysics with my endorsement of scientism against "spiritual" philosophies of life, by the way I conclude my text of metaphysics.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 7:35 pm

Mark has a way of blowing a lot of the dross off of esoteric practicise and Gordon, being one of the sharpest and clearest proponents of chaos magic out there right now, takes a similarly practical approach to an open-source exploration of the issue.

As far as taking a 'spiritual' approach though - I can't quite say this is that. Mark's lectures are Institute for Hermetic Studies on Youtube, Gordon hosts the Rune Soup podcast. Understandably they may not be your think from what you said above because they're more about sinking into the practice and results rather than trying to figure out what particular forms of science match it (well... Gordon might do that a little bit more than Mark but neither of them are super-heavy in that regard, rather I like them more for being skeptical inquires and practitioners simultaneously).

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 7:55 pm

We only see reality on our terms. Because of that we will never know what's truly real.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 8:43 pm

spoirier wrote:
You may be surprised but I felt pretty much repelled by the topic of The Nature of Personal Reality (looking at the table of contents and a few quick things at random) which sounded to me of the sort "Hey come on I have some super mega BS to tell you so you can win the lottery" which prevented me from looking further. So my impression on Seth is very mixed : I love some of his writings so I agree he must have really explored other realities to be able to tell that but other parts I regard as crap.

To this day I really don't know what to make of it.

I remember Rudolph Steiner having similar strapping large cosmologies but they fell apart the more of his books I read (Max Hiendel's Cosmo Conception was just another iteration of the same ideas Steiner had in Outline of the Occult Sciences).

One of the things things that sort of turned me out with the Seth material was the same thing that turned me out with people like Michael Newton - ie. it's a really nihilistic story of the human endeavor, something I saw from certain NDE'ers as well, and it's a bit like there's something pathologically capricious about the approach supposed higher entities, or released human souls, have toward this essentially being a pile of things murdering each other to survive. It gets even more perverse when they allege that such violence and suffering is pre-planned for the joy of experiencing it. It could just be a bit of stoicism on their part but there's a certain nonchalance that grates on me.

As for the new age and 'Secret' type stuff though - yeah, IMHO it's these explorations and ideas getting turned into megachurch Santa-Christianity. I've been in and studying monographs from BOTA and AMORC now for a little over four years, for as much as I love Paul Foster Case's insights he has a way of jumping off on this stuff as well, but I do think that if our mental choices do alter reality on deeper levels than what we externally interact with it has much more to do with the balance of our internal content getting turned in one direction or another.

spoirier wrote:
The bible ? I was Evangelical Christian in the past until my faith crashed very badly and I discovered how full of BS is the Christian doctrine (thus also the Bible).

I felt the need to mainly that I was seeing the depravity and bulk of BS that was in all of the new age from the pop stuff all the way up to Seth and Theosophy. I grew up Catholic, started seeing odd bits where new age writings and predictions were looking an awful lot like a cheap knockoff on Revelations, and so I decided to finally wade into the bible both to see what's really in the Old Testament but also to try and figure out if there was anything to the narratives that I needed to make sense of. When I did read it a few times through I came to a particular conclusion and I found that Manly P Hall had taken the same conclusion, ie. Astrotheology and a polyglot of various high-pagan philosophies, and had a wealth of lectures on this as well as his Secret Teachings of All Ages and Lectures on Ancient Philosophy, both of which were very good reads even if he might have gotten a few things wrong like suggesting Egyptian origin of the tarot.

spoirier wrote:
Generally I loved reading testimonies of NDE and some OBE but outside that I don't expect much from the esoteric literature, as I think most of it is crap

NDE'ers are such a mixed bag that I lost my interest there pretty quickly. There are some people in the OBE community, like Robert Bruce, who have interesting perspectives but - unless you can do it yourself it's really tough to do much with or buy in too far.

The esotericism that I do find worth reading falls into a couple categories. The one deals really with a train of philosophic and religious thought that flows from people like Theresa of Avila, John of the Cross, Jacob Boehme, and a lot of people who had a particular kind of experience that Jung called Individuation and which The Golden Dawn and Crowley's A.'.A.'. both refer to as 'Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel' and which they set as the central focus of their systems (typically aimed for when the initiate gets to their Adeptus Minor or Tiphareth degree). It's actually deeply fascinating, when I read Ascent of Mt Carmel, that John of the Cross drew something like a three-tiered diagram that showed two gulfs or 'dark nights of the soul' which seemed to fit a couple noteable abysses on the Tree of life that occur between the three triads on the tree - the major one being between Binah and Chesed but a slightly smaller one between Netzach and Tiphareth. There seems to be something to that and also something to what the Renaissance alchemists refer to as salt, sulfur, and mercury or what the Hindus referred to as well by the three gunas.

The occult world is a pretty blurry place, I mostly got pulled in because I had a set of particular experiences over the course of a year that I couldn't ignore. I don't fully know what to make of them, just that I do strongly get the impression there's much more in 'here' than just me and it's difficult to escape the sense that the universe we live in is quite haunted by all kinds of beings. For the anguish and travails of Darwinian evolution I really have a tough time that this was masterminded by anything self-aware, IMHO much more likely that all of this evolved alongside us, but it seems to me like something really important to know - for having a better handle on life and what can be done with it but also I figure if there's any chance that I'll still be conscious after I'm dead I'd really rather have some friends in that space, archangels or whatever else, rather than be something's lunch or find out that enough unlearned lessons was going to cause my structure to attract me to abject suffering again.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 10:08 pm

spoirier wrote:
To have an idea of how different from this is my philosophy, look at some texts of mine, for example here, there, there, there, there and there.

I took a look at the topic titled 'goodness is evil' because it sounded interesting and I was curious what angle of that you were pursuing. I'd actually agree with some aspects of the title premise but I go more the Jordan Peterson route - ie. that when people define themselves as 'good', hold their self esteem in being seen as 'good', or worse - see morality and harmlessness as the same thing, they end up being both a danger to themselves and in some instances others. On one hand people who'd really want to abuse them can see this from a mile away and can and will turn their world upside down all the while doing everything for that person to chase their approval. Also when you give other people the power to say whether you're good or not, and that means the same thing as being worthwhile in general, you're liable to be swept up in pathologies of the crowd if the people around you are unanimously doing something pathological you're likely to have very little internal resource to stand up to it and say no.

A whole other layer of that is neurosis. I noticed that somehow, as a kid, I had the idea injected into my life that my 'goodness' was in a way something like a list of things I hadn't done, that I was already better than people who'd done those things, and that I would be blemished by the things I did do. The most obvious problem with that is spiritual entitelment - ie. not really feeling like you need to do much to help others, then comes the internal psychology and its effects on how you hold your bearings when you actually do face malevolence or corruption in the proper sense of the word. Not only does such an outlook straight-jacket you in terms of being able to mobilized to deal with it but you end up in a fight with your own nervous system that just doesn't work, ie. the more you try to - say - push down or manually fight an intrusive thought the more you give that thought power and the stronger comes back. Sometimes you're really better off, with a thought that makes you uncomfortable, going whole-hog on it in your own mind, fantasizing it out, etc. because it seems like these sort of animalistic or subhuman shards of ourselves only wise up when they're neurally connected to our frontal lobes, get merged with the logic and reasoning circuits, and from there they have a way of rapidly vanishing if they truly are impractical or unhealthy pulls. A lot of Crowley's work revolves around that - ie. setting up ordeals in your own mind to face your own fears head-on, and I found it fascinating the depth to which he went into setting up rituals along those lines - well after I'd been sort of testing the waters with similar ideas already.

spoirier
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Dec 2017, 2:51 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
they're more about sinking into the practice and results

Then which practice and which results ? Whatever it is they are doing I did not see clear from the titles what it actually is. Do they reach bliss ? Do they communicate with the dead ? Do they get to remember their past lives ? Do they get miraculous healing ? Do they get revelations about the future of world ? Do they get the addresses of their future spouses or any other personally useful revelations or orders what to do of their life ? or whatever it is, please say it clear. Just saying it is esoteric is no reason to stay confused. I see you tried to specify this later in your post but it still does not look clear. I had read from John of the Cross very long ago (before being evangelical christian) and I think it is rather close in philosophy with the case of Faustina (which I looked through after deconversion) which I commented there.

"One of the things things that sort of turned me out with the Seth material [...] it's a really nihilistic story of the human endeavor"

That does not fit the impression I had from the Seth teachings (I don't know those of Michael Newton). What I found there which may sound like this, rather means that our world is a "light" kind of reality compared to other worlds, so a sort of sandbox where we can experience things going wrong with the illusion of their importance in order to take lesson from there to become more responsible when we shall enter some more valuable realities. But I cannot see what problem you really have with tries of accounting for the nonsense of this world, as if you open your eyes you can really see many things going wrong in this world, so any philosophy that would claim all things were already done perfect down here would be factually incorrect.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 3:25 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
We only see reality on our terms. Because of that we will never know what's truly real.

Wise.

The truth I see is everything is a probability distribution, because of underlying random particle collision.

*where random could be true, indeterministic randomness, or deterministic randomness (just appearing to be random)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 7:44 am

spoirier wrote:
Then which practice and which results ? Whatever it is they are doing I did not see clear from the titles what it actually is. Do they reach bliss ? Do they communicate with the dead ? Do they get to remember their past lives ? Do they get miraculous healing ? Do they get revelations about the future of world ? Do they get the addresses of their future spouses or any other personally useful revelations or orders what to do of their life ? or whatever it is, please say it clear.

They, and other modern and scholarly magicians such as Stephen Skinner, Nick Farrell, and Peregrin Wildoak, are guys who are trying to come to terms with a conscious universe and their place in the universe. What Mark and Gordon are both big on, as well as Nick and Peregrin at a minimum (Stephen probably as well but I haven't heard him say a whole lot about it yet) are the self-development paths where you use esoteric knowledge first and foremost to resolve internal problems, ie. things deeper than modern psychology will typically reach, and you may work with angels or demons - almost in a pharmaceutical sense or a bit like data scalpels - to go in and work on various things.

Mark in particular has a lot of focus on working on one's own energetic health and integrity. He has plenty of books that focus on alchemy, that's one of his favorite ways of 'doing' and his Path of Alchemy is a pretty good guide to the seven basic spagyric tinctures. A lot of what he focuses on though are what might consider internal alchemy, different kinds of visual meditations that are meant to help clean your nervous system of certain types of tangles but it's also exercises that are meant to, at a different level, develop certain energy bodies in certain ways that would likely stay with you, through incarnations, as a part of the long-term building of your more long-term structure. As an nine-year student of mixed martial arts (particularly Filipino and Chinese) I think I'd really consider what Mark is teaching, and people like him, to be something quite similar to an internal Chi Gong. Israel Regardie's Middle Pillar is a great and pretty well known example of this sort of thing in practice. I'm sure a lot of what's in this paragraph sounds like BS, again - don't waste your time with it if you have convictions in this regard - but actually listening to Mark's lectures is helpful because you get to hear where he's coming from and I think most people get the sense pretty quickly that he's not the type of guy to do this stuff if it wasn't getting him the results that he wanted. At the same time he can be a boring listen for people who are looking for anything 'flashy' because a lot of what I think he's doing has much more slow and pervasive aims. There's some flash maybe in his talks on traditional Pennsylvania Folk and Grimoire magic but that's pretty much it and I suppose I'm personally as well more interested in the long term 'cooking down' of my own structures than the one-off rituals or how people in certain traditions have used magic to try solving problems (I'm still a bit skeptical when it comes to that sort of thing). One of my favorite of his workshop lectures that are on Youtube is Sanctus: Spirituality, The Secret Fire & Daily Life in that it start out rather seemingly vanilla and boring but has a real wealth of knowledge in it and toward the end of the first (of three) lectures he also offers a lot of really good books and authors, and particularly lists off one of the most influential (for me at least) books in the Hermetic genre which was Meditations on the Tarot - A Journey into Christian Hermeticism.

As far as Gordon White - the best way I'd put it is he's something of a magician's magician. He's always talking about different ways of moving the ball forward, criticizing older European forms of magic based on their synchretism and borrowing, trying to sort out tautology (which he believes Neoplatonism to be) from the actualities of what he believes is happening with respect to the energergetic structures of nature and how magical operation reflects them (this is tha part I thought you might find somewhat interesting), and as far as I know his primary goal is as a high-quality geek/nerd and experimenter. Like I said above he's one of those people whose just had that sort of curiosity about the universe that he wants to hunt down mysteries and solve puzzles. In his podcast he typically doesn't go super-deep into talking about his own practices, to some extent he did when I read Chaos Protocols and I think he does pick up traditional bits of Hermetic magic, of the variety that Israel Regardie, Stephen Skinner, etc. would recommend but he uses them, again, in an open-source sort of way (ie. outside of a traditional magical system) and pursues them in tandem with other things such as experimenting with sigils and seeing what ways of using them works and which don't (I think his favorite if I recall was drawing up several sigils at once, for the desired effect of not remembering which were which, and hanging them on a wall where he'd see them on a regular basis).

I'm sure a lot of this hasn't gotten much less abstract but I think I can possibly suggest that to get a less abstract sense of it it helps to understand some basic things about the Hermetic Qabalah or Qabalistic philosophy in general and what the ten spheres and twenty-two paths are all about. Dion Fortune's Mystical Qabalah was a very good read for me even if it only touched on the spheres and not the paths. Gareth Knight expounded on that with Practical Guide to Qabalistic Symbolism, and I think to some extent - for people interested in studying the tarot first and foremost - Robert Wang recondensed a corpus similar to Knight's albeit in closer to 325 than 700 pages, which goes by the name of Qabalistic Tarot and so the paths and spheres get covered there at length in terms of the tarot cards they represent.

I think a whole other reason people would want to study this stuff, completely outside the context of 'is it real!?' is the historical and cultural aspect. There's so much there, like the names for the days of the week, the iconography that you see in a lot of cathedrals, all kinds of people seem to have studied this stuff to where really after a good read you can see some pretty bold signs of it all over the place (a bit like after the first time you might drop LSD or eat mushrooms and see just how much of the art around you was inspired by it).

I somehow doubt that was as satisfying a response as you might have wanted but I suppose that's really what the terrain is. It isn't particularly clear, people generally only pick these things up from different types of internal experience in stops and starts, and it seems like certain things will work but as far as I can tell it's really not something someone should do if they want to use it to 'get things', not even for moral reasons per say so much as that it takes so much work and dedication to get any results out of it at all that it'll only be worth doing if you're desire is to follow the old Greek injunction to 'know thyself' and accordingly from there know the Universe and the Gods. Otherwise, if you simply want to get something, doing the normal work of getting it by the usual means is probably a lot less effort.

spoirier wrote:
Just saying it is esoteric is no reason to stay confused. I see you tried to specify this later in your post but it still does not look clear. I had read from John of the Cross very long ago (before being evangelical christian) and I think it is rather close in philosophy with the case of Faustina (which I looked through after deconversion) which I commented there.

Theresa of Avila's account of her experiences with the seven Interior Castles was also very similar and it sounds like she ran into a very similar sort of entity - ie. something of pure white light with almost bug-eyed love and affection for her. Part of what chased me down this path is that I met this same being within myself on several occasions. I also had in 2013 and 2014 several brushes with what seemed to be Isis/Sophia/Mary, vivid experiences, but I still can't be sure whether it was actually The Goddess or that same being, perhaps my Holy Guardian Angel, pulling my chain a bit.

My primary interest in this stuff is that at some level it is real, even if it were only real in the sense of being a vivid and actual neurological experience it's still there. Even if it were just a fluke of what one's internal chemical structure could yield its still an absolutely fascinating find. I start with that as my boiler plate but I also look outward from that and, from what I can sense of how natural systems organize, I can't help but consider that consciousness is interlaced with matter for as far as we can see. When we assume that's all crap I tend think we're assuming so from rather gaudy and old-fashioned assumptions about what the universe should be, ie. almost like the 'Either it's bible or it's just matter' in which both cases seem like they're full of straw to some extent albeit in different ways.

GoSensGo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Dec 2017, 8:38 am

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.

-Homer J. Simpson

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 1:19 pm

Another quick and hopefully useful interjection:

The guys I mentioned above, while being incredibly well-versed and well-learned across a lot of formal western esoteric traditions, are humble in the extreme about what it is they actually 'know' about the universe because I think they themselves sense that whatever you can figure out is incredibly hard won, the context of it is liable to change, that what they'd have to say even if they say it is only right in the most narrow of contexts, and it's part of why very few of them will talk about their esoteric experiences or try to make many particularly strong truth claims about the more hidden mechanics of the universe. Some of them will say bits and pieces about the Knowledge and Conversation of Holy Guardian Angel experience, some will suggest that it's something like the ground-floor of your consciousness (Mark says something along these lines in one of his lectures). There's also a small amount said about one's 'Guardian on the Threshold' - your accumulated shadow and something which David Lynch portrayed will in the beginning of and throughout the movie Eraserhead.

I've also heard it suggested that if one is going out of body there are zone guardians, ie. beings that people describe as being reminiscent of Egyptian deities and that they demand evidence of one's knowledge before they can pass - ie. keeping people out of certain places where they could either seriously harm themselves or do harm to others or to complex systems by mistake (Regardie has said a fair amount about this). There might also be some connection between these beings and what people have historically called Archons although they're not evil necessarily so much as being themselves energy junctions in the universe (conscious ones) and like our own brains and spheres of awareness are a bit like key-holders for uniting different behavioral options when we face our environments (mainly linked to our survival) they also have their consciousness chained to certain structural functions or tasks. Even at that though some of those ideas, particularly the one I just mentioned, are in something of a squishy category where yes - a lot of people agree that this is what something in particular they've observed barks like but it's no assurance really that what it looks like is absolutely what it is or that the context of it is necessarily quite what they might think (ie. the inner worlds people find, regardless of how vast, can be incredibly deceptive because the symbols or appearances of things are never the things themselves).

That's also part of why I think this sort of thing will always be a personal knowledge pursuit and that it'll likely never give us external innovation in quite the same way the natural sciences have. It may inform us toward a much richer sociology and we might reform our various civics philosophies according to better knowledge of the shape, flavor, and personality of the broader conscious universe (ideally to form those philosophies with a much greater understanding of what has consequence so we're not discovering our blind spots the hard way constantly), maybe it could also inform scientific ethics in a sort of Pythagorean 'prevent suffering' in natural materials under industrial processes kind of way, but that's probably about it.

spoirier
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Dec 2017, 4:13 am

All right so to say in short, this esoteric stuff is just meant to be of special interest to some people with some special needs and happening to have all the time of their life to invest themselves in that for unclear results as they happen to have otherwise found nothing better to do of their life... in these conditions I cannot see why you expected me to be interested in that.
Personally, apart from some Seth readings, I recently found one thing sort of esoteric but much more impressive: after suffering for many years the brain damage which was inflicted to me by a mad psychiatrist, I was recently in large part cured from that by means of Boji stones. Especially the first 4 sessions (a couple of hours each, with a pair of them that is not those I could continue with after this...) repaired my brain a great deal, I felt like I was reborn after a long time of zombie life. That was one of the most amazing times of my life. So a total of just 8-10 hours or so spread across a week, no teaching, just carrying these magic stones in hand while staying in half sleep had a tremendous effect. Otherwise I am generally much too busy developing my site, doing other things online or going out to events. Even though I'm completely free of my time to do whatever I want (and I hate all the people who once forced me to follow the system to get a PhD that would grant me the right to get a job where... I still would have heavy obligations to follow), I keep feeling that I'd need about 40 hours per day to complete the many things I desperately wish to do for clearly useful or even imperative goals with no waste. So, invitations for more time-consuming paths to dubious results ? no thanks.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 7:38 am

spoirier wrote:
All right so to say in short, this esoteric stuff is just meant to be of special interest to some people with some special needs and happening to have all the time of their life to invest themselves in that for unclear results as they happen to have otherwise found nothing better to do of their life... in these conditions I cannot see why you expected me to be interested in that.

It's mostly interesting from the standpoint of those asking the question - can you bring your own will into it at all rather than it just being a sort of luck or lottery or can you transform yourself at all with it? They're taking the slow road to resolving that and many of them have somewhat to their own satisfaction. Also yes, it's not hyper-responsive in the way a lot of new agers, mediums, etc. like to act as though it were. Also TY the suggestion that I've found nothing better to do with my life. :wink:

As for your story with the Boji stones - the trouble with that, while its a wonderful story and I'm glad you're feeling better, events like that generally aren't repeatable. Stellar results can definitely happen in a while when you haven't planned them or don't necessarily know they're going to happen, but it tends to be like a jolt of energy or information that zips through one's life and typically it's found that the object itself had less to do with the event than something that one can't put their finger on. At that rate though I can assure you that you're right - ie. the odd things that happen in life, unprovoked, will almost always be more impressive than anything you toiled away to figure out how to do because in the later case it's a bit like you trying to bring it through willfully of your own accord while in the former case forces much more, if not more powerful, oriented toward such tasks than is typically possible on just a human level brought it to pass.