Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 1:30 am

I know they exist, I can't categorize them all as supporting this clown can I?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:44 am

There are a few public figures who have stayed the course. Charles Krauthammer comes to mind, along with John Kasich. They're more intellectual conservatives than right wingers, to be precise. We have some conscientiously conservative types here who have always opposed him, and continue to do so. The right wing support which has surprised me most with its steadfastness has been the Xian right, gospel of prosperity, Leviticus over Jesus types.

I guess it's time for all the masks to come off.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:57 am

Last I heard my grandmother supports Trump, haven't really talked to her much since. I feel bad, but WTH grandma why are you supporting that clown...why, why? Don't you realize he cares nothing about seniors in need of medical care and such.

But I cant have that debate with her......gaaa why can it be so hard to just speak up, I want to tell her she's wrong but how? I just hate my family sometimes, not real hate, but wtf.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 3:48 am

From what left wingers say, all the republicans in DC disagree with him and will impeach him any minute now.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 4:04 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I know they exist, I can't categorize them all as supporting this clown can I?

Glenn Beck, David Frum, Evan McMuffin McMullin many of the other Never-Trumpers.

This seems to be a good place to start, but I'd research first to confirm: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_R ... aign,_2016

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 4:24 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I want to tell her she's wrong but how?

Left wingers: if you have a different opinion to me you're wrong.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 4:59 am

These Guys
Trump is Pavlov and We Are The Dogs - Commentary Magazine Podcast

Who Is the Real Threat to Free Speech?

Quote:
Trump single-handedly resurrected the protest movement among prominent black athletes and ensured that not only would entire teams now take the knee before the national anthem but so would their white colleagues on and off the field. ESPN’s Hill has not been fired in the weeks that elapsed since Huckabee Sanders recommended it, though her profile on the network has declined (a business decision that might have more to do with increasingly political content alienating ESPN’s core audience).

Trump’s behavior isn’t just un-presidential; it’s un-republican. Conservatives should be careful about cheering him on,

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:37 pm

Chichikov wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Right wingers: if you have a different opinion than mine you're a stupid Marxist traitor.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:50 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Right wingers: if you have a different opinion than mine you're a stupid Marxist traitor.

When you have to pretend someone said something they didn't to make a point your argument holds no weight. Ironically that's the basis behind most of the left's arguments.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 1:41 pm

Chichikov wrote:
When you have to pretend someone said something they didn't to make a point your argument holds no weight. Ironically that's the basis behind most of the left's arguments.

Quoted for posterity. You just removed your favorite tool from your toolbox, and threw it in the furnace. I applaud your resolve to have some integrity from here on out.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:04 pm

Chichikov wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

It's funny that you choose to deny or ignore reality when it doesn't support your agenda. I wasn't suggesting you personally said that, but hysterical meltdowns that devolve into labelling anyone who doesn't march lockstep in support of the right-wing agenda as a Marxist are common to encounter anywhere conservatives post their opinions. Keep denying reality though, you're quite good at it.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:12 pm

Chichikov wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Blind faith in one's beliefs is a human trait, not a partisan one.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:16 pm

Many of us voted for Trump because he was (still is) seen as the lesser evil, not out of blind devotion, hero worship, or love. This has been gone over countless times.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:37 pm

Raptor wrote:
Many of us voted for Trump because he was (still is) seen as the lesser evil, not out of blind devotion, hero worship, or love. This has been gone over countless times.

In other words.... vote for a blatantly horrible person because... ideology.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:44 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
It's funny that you choose to deny or ignore reality when it doesn't support your agenda.

Could you quote where I am denying or ignoring anything?

funeralxempire wrote:
I wasn't suggesting you personally said that, but hysterical meltdowns that devolve into labelling anyone who doesn't march lockstep in support of the right-wing agenda as a Marxist are common to encounter anywhere conservatives post their opinions.

Left-wingers: I love raping children

Now I'm not suggesting you personally said that, but I'm sure some left winger has said it somewhere at some point.

You see my post had power because it was referencing something that had literally been said, all my post did was shine a light on the ridiculousness of what was said. Your post was tantamount to "someone somewhere said this at some point" - it was weak and meaningless. It might even be untrue for all I know. How about you find me all the threads on here where people are called Marxist traitors by "right wingers" (I put that in quotes as I don't think you have it in you to identify where people's politics lie; you obviously think I'm right wing despite me not making any political statements and no reference to what my personal politics are...criticising left wing idiots doesn't mean I am right wing, it simply means I don't like idiots) and I can evaluate for myself if there is any truth in your post at all?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:46 pm

Some have explicitly stated that they voted for him, hoping he would break the Federal Government by being so insensate and promoting violence. I think they considered him the better evil, not the lesser one.