Michael Moore on Democracy Now! web exclusive

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:31 pm

Michael Moore on Democracy Now! Full interview, web exclusive

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/9/29/ ... ore_on_his

He tells some great stories of what he did on his summer vacations as a kid. :lol: He also reminded me of an event from the 80s that I'd forgotten. Reagan honoring Waffen SS soldiers on a visit to Germany and not scheduling a visit to a concentration camp.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitburg_controversy

Yeah. The 80s were weird.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:47 pm

TL;DR----but, I know, from past experience what Michael Moore is like, and IMO, he's an IDIOT!! He seems to be like what alot of Liberals seem to be like, in that he doesn't THINK, and only considers issues, on the surface.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 5:03 pm

He opined that Trump will win a 2020 election, and his previous prediction on the 2016 outcome was accurate, so one might suppose non-liberals might align with his predictive skill.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 7:31 pm

In all fairness, I recall that incident, and those SS soldiers had been mere boys when they had died in action. Plus, the reason why the cemetery had been chosen for Reagan to honor had been because during the war, American and German forces who had been fighting near Bitburg had agreed mutually not to bomb the hospital there. I am the very last person who could be described as a fan of Ronald Raygun, but he simply didn't go there to honor Nazis. We liberals need to be the adults in the room, and stick to the facts. Raygun and the rest of the right say and do enough real crap for us to be outraged about.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 7:43 pm

B19 wrote:
He opined that Trump will win a 2020 election, and his previous prediction on the 2016 outcome was accurate, so one might suppose non-liberals might align with his predictive skill.

That seems rather contradictory to the usual Trump will be impeached and or go to prison predictions. What a rebel.