How many Trump supporters can be persuaded?

Page 9 of 9 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Nov 2017, 12:22 pm

I think Trump is doing just fine as a president. If people voted based on what type of person you were, I don’t think he would get very far in the polls. I agree with 80% of what he is doing as president and if he runs again and has gone through with everything he said, I would vote for him for a second term. The balance of trade since he has been in office has an upward trend line, and I believe he will do better for the economy maybe not relations with a few countries but economically we should get better.

You can disregard my opinion because of my age all you want but I have been educated in more economics and politics in 8 months then most people probably have in 3 years. My Geography teacher was former Navy and talked about economics and politics in a heavy extent. If you had been in some of the classes then, you would understand. We were made to research among these subjects in every presentation.

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 12:49 pm

ScarletIbis wrote:
I think Trump is doing just fine as a president. If people voted based on what type of person you were, I don’t think he would get very far in the polls. I agree with 80% of what he is doing as president and if he runs again and has gone through with everything he said, I would vote for him for a second term. The balance of trade since he has been in office has an upward trend line, and I believe he will do better for the economy maybe not relations with a few countries but economically we should get better.

You can disregard my opinion because of my age all you want but I have been educated in more economics and politics in 8 months then most people probably have in 3 years. My Geography teacher was former Navy and talked about economics and politics in a heavy extent. If you had been in some of the classes then, you would understand. We were made to research among these subjects in every presentation.

Policy and achievements are an important part of how a President is judged but not the only one. The president is a symbol to the world of the United States as a country. I think with a better personality he would get a lot more of his policy done.

I think a lot of people voted for him because of his personality. Everything the mainstream media hates about him is what many Americans like about him.

The vast majority of voters as well as as leaders of other countries enemies and friends are neurotypical and personality is a major factor in how they judge and deal with other leaders.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Nov 2017, 1:40 pm

Well that voting method doesn’t seem very objective. People shouldn't go by personality because that says almost nothing as their competency as a leader. I would go by policies and their reliability to follow through with it (which does somewhat have to do with personality).

I have noticed before that people tend to run against the grain of the media. If the media says something, many people will, without thoroughly thinking, believe the opposite of what they say, whether it makes sense or not. Then there are the people who fall right into whatever the media says, and aggressively defend it like their own opinion. There are both types of people on either side of a mass debate. Then there are the small percentage of people who think objectively and can be swayed by their own thoughts and opinions, who also exist on both sides of a mass debate. They go where their current values and beliefs are.

Each of these types are still people with there own individual thoughts and opinions. I did not type any of this as a ‘blanket generalization’ born from black and white thinking. One cannot divide every human being in the entire United States into just 3 groups and nobody entirely fits any of those types. Many do not belong in them at all.

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

GoSensGo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Nov 2017, 1:55 pm

I think it's kind of arrogant to look at one side and insinuate that they're the ones who need to change their minds.

How many Democrats could be persuaded to vote Republican? I imagine that would be a similarly small fraction.

We have to accept that people are going to disagree on things and not everyone is going to share our political beliefs, and those who see things differently are not necessarily bad people because of it.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Nov 2017, 2:11 pm

^^^ I agree, both parties seem to think that the other absolutely wrong and they are absolutely right. People should be left to their own political beliefs instead of treating it like light side versus the dark side. Both parties have good qualities and both have bad. As for which you believe are good or bad, is based on your own opinions.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 6:53 pm

ScarletIbis wrote:
Well that voting method doesn’t seem very objective.

To a point. But as with the case of Trump if the candidate is not an objective person, makes decisions by gut instinct and emotion, should that not factor into voters decision? Especially for an office where your job description is control of the nuclear codes.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Nov 2017, 9:36 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
ScarletIbis wrote:
Well that voting method doesn’t seem very objective.

To a point. But as with the case of Trump if the candidate is not an objective person, makes decisions by gut instinct and emotion, should that not factor into voters decision? Especially for an office where your job description is control of the nuclear codes.

I suppose that is true. Not every situation is the same so not all rules apply to every election and every candidate.