Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 11:52 am

I had this weird dream that I was here on wrongplanet and was cursing out Fnord and called him a pompous jackass who was a fake autistic and thought he was better then others.

Why would I have this dream when I rarely even come on here anymore since I'm doing other things in my life? Why all of a sudden his name would pop up in my head? Or is there any meaning to dreams at all?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 2:44 pm

Your brain is constantly storing social rules and parameters and then running through them in your sleep. It sounds like a particular rule set, that you'd associate with prominent WP skeptics, ran its course and that was your own brain spitting that rule set back out.

Otherwise, if that doesn't really make sense or sit right - just blame it on greasy food you ate at dinner.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 4:44 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Your brain is constantly storing social rules and parameters and then running through them in your sleep. It sounds like a particular rule set, that you'd associate with prominent WP skeptics, ran its course and that was your own brain spitting that rule set back out.

Otherwise, if that doesn't really make sense or sit right - just blame it on greasy food you ate at dinner.

Well, I did have a frozen Chicago frozen pizza from Kroger that was really not that good. It is possible that you're right or it was this not so good pizza.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 10:36 pm

Why not...dream that?

You used to come here to WP a lot. So why not dream about WP?

Dreams do mean things. But the symbolism is idiosyncratic. What does WP mean to you. And what did Fnord mean to you? He made a big exit some time ago and like you doesn't come here much anymore either.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 12:38 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Why not...dream that?

Dreams do mean things. But the symbolism is idiosyncratic. What does WP mean to you. And what did Fnord mean to you? He made a big exit some time ago and like you doesn't come here much anymore either.

Are asking these questions expecting a literal answer or are these questions rhetorical and for me to think on?

But, it was a weird night last night and my wife had a nightmare as well so I had to try to calm her down.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 2:17 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
I had this weird dream that I was here on wrongplanet and was cursing out Fnord and called him a pompous jackass who was a fake autistic and thought he was better then others.

Well now that you got that off your chest, maybe you'll sleep better.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 5:43 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Why not...dream that?

Are asking these questions expecting a literal answer or are these questions rhetorical and for me to think on?

But, it was a weird night last night and my wife had a nightmare as well so I had to try to calm her down.

The first: why not dream about WP?. is rhetorical. Just saying that it isn't all that strange. Asking what something means to you is a real question. But you don't hafta share about it if you don't want to.