If I pray to God for Don Trump and Kim Jong-un to be killed

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 10:37 pm

...would that be wrong? But God lets people who aren't evil and have done nothing wrong die all the time, so that's wrong, too. Both are wrong, and yet God kills people anyway so it maybe when *he* does it it isn't wrong, so if he killed both of them at around the same time by giving them both a fatal incurable disease, having them or just a good-old fashioned bolt of lightening, billions of innocent people won't have to die a horrible radiation-poisoned death.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

But if it is wrong for me to even pray for their death, then there's a reason why it's nearly impossible to be religious.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 1:27 am

Probably better to ask God to either bring them to their senses, or remove them from power. More keeping with Christian morality and such.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 11:51 am

Billions?

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 12:10 pm

Lostonearth, the imprecatory Psalms exist for a reason. There is only so much corruption, so much abuse, that a human heart can withstand.

There are different schools of thought about how to use them - ranging from fundamentalist extremist (ask-God-to-smite-people-I-don't-like) to fairly thoughtful approaches:

Quote:
Yes, there is still a place for the wrath of God. It is right and indeed necessary to call upon the Lord to silence evil men. But you must not neglect, in calling for their silence, the prayers for their salvation. Your apologetic must not end with hell. You must pray fervently for the salvation of the reprobate. Because what better way is there to silence a wicked man than to turn His heart to the Lord. So, pray for your persecutors. Pray for those who persecute your Christian brothers and sisters. Pray that their evil words would be silenced and their evil deeds stopped either by salvation or by Sheol. Implore the Lord to intervene and trust that He will work out His plan of redemption and preserve His people. Call upon your God because He is able and He is willing to answer. So Christian, call upon the Lord to quiet the words of the wicked.”

here's a link to the blog that quote is from: Gentle Reformation

Take a look - it may help. You do need to channel what you're feeling, it's not going to dissipate easily. And this does help. Ask me how I know :-)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 1:48 pm

god's morals aren't much better than theirs, really.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 2:50 pm

Pray instead for God's kingdom to come, as suggested in the Lord's Prayer.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 7:48 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Pray instead for God's kingdom to come, as suggested in the Lord's Prayer.

Exactly.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 1:26 am

A modern-day psalm: "Lord please murder my enemies! Burn them at 1,000 degrees!"

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 1:32 am

I guess I really haven't gotten to bothering with hate or praying for people to be clipped. For one I'd probably be praying to a God that either doesn't exist or understands my request about as well as a super-sized beagle if It does. On the other side - it seems like we're immersed in people's foolishness all day long and it's something of a fact of life that our lives are really not quite our own but the weighted aggregate of what our society decides to do.

As far as the Trump and Kim situation - I really don't know what to make of it. I hear from some sources that saber-rattling is expected as a show of strength hence Trump doing what he is, then I hear that North Korea is sitting on trillions of dollars worth of rare-earth elements and that Kim is really trying to position himself so that the rest of the world actually has to consider trading with him rather than considering the idea of rolling him down, taking his regime, and pilfering the goods. Seems like there's so much of that going around though that you really can't get a straight story aside from that Kim's acting the fool and Trump is doing pretty much what you'd expect him to being him.

Will it wind up in nuclear war? On one hand I hope not but I also doubt that North Korea / DPRK is looking to commit suicide. Something's more complex about the situation. As for praying for their deaths or at least vegetablization or comas to remove them from office - I don't quite see the point when both regimes have plenty of worse idiots to take the helm.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 2:20 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
...would that be wrong? But God lets people who aren't evil and have done nothing wrong die all the time, so that's wrong, too. Both are wrong, and yet God kills people anyway so it maybe when *he* does it it isn't wrong, so if he killed both of them at around the same time by giving them both a fatal incurable disease, having them or just a good-old fashioned bolt of lightening, billions of innocent people won't have to die a horrible radiation-poisoned death.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

But if it is wrong for me to even pray for their death, then there's a reason why it's nearly impossible to be religious.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
If you feel that it is okay to pray for their death, then you need religion even more.

It's "Love thy neighbor as thyself", not "Hate your neighbor".

If you hate your neighbor, then what do you think about yourself?

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 2:22 am

It always bothers me immensely to hear people wish that people be assaulted, raped, or murdered in prison. From my point of view, anyone who expresses such a wish is at least as bad as whoever he wishes to be assaulted, raped, or murdered in prison.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 3:25 am

kokopelli wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

If you feel that it is okay to pray for their death, then you need religion even more.

It's "Love thy neighbor as thyself", not "Hate your neighbor".

If you hate your neighbor, then what do you think about yourself?

I dunno, maybe she's just in the wrong religion?

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 3:29 am

lostonearth35 wrote:

You'd be surprised but there are actually people in the Bible Belt who want the same things you do.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 7:35 am

Just ask God to have "Both Trump, and Kim, carted off in straightjackets to 'rest homes' to make clay bunnies the rest of their lives so that both are away from the helm of the ships of state of their respective countries".

No. God probably wont answer your prayer. But he wont have a problem with you if you...phrased it that way. It would show that you were motivated out of (a) fear, and or (b) concern for the world, but not out of some kind of anger/hate/revenge against the two men in question.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 3:01 pm

What does it matter what you ask an imaginary friend to do?

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 2:54 am

Skilpadde wrote:
What does it matter what you ask an imaginary friend to do?

Even better, isn't there a bit in scripture about already having commited a sin in your heart even before actually doing it? So almighty Dog already knows all about OP's wrongthink.