I predict Trump will be re-elected in 2020 !

Page 6 of 13 [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 11:26 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
I looked it up. His order reduces Bears Ears by 85%. Bears Ears was only made a national monument last December. The other, Grand Staircase-Escalante, was made a national monument in 1996 and it is being reduced by nearly half.

What he has done is move the land from one category of Federal land to another category of Federal land. While the government could eventually sell the land, there is no indication that they will ever do so.

I figured it was a lot of hype over basically nothing as usual. Up to the point the year old national monument was reduced virtually no one knew it existed or even what it consisted of. It was just outrage over the false notion that all our national parks being sold to big industry so they could strip mine them. The usual hysteria.

It certainly means something to the local Native tribes who want to commemorate their culture, as well as to paleontologists who prize dinosaur bones over gold.

How are local native tribes being kept from commemorating their culture? How many paleontologists are excavating the area and how are they being kept from doing so? What dinosaur bones have been found to be there in the first place?

It's considered a holy site by the Natives there, as the graves of their ancestors are located there. Would you want your family's church destroyed by private business?
What do you mean what dinosaur bones have been found there? Plenty have.
Paleontologists are legitimately worried about how industrial mining and construction would destroy priceless fossils.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 12:21 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
I looked it up. His order reduces Bears Ears by 85%. Bears Ears was only made a national monument last December. The other, Grand Staircase-Escalante, was made a national monument in 1996 and it is being reduced by nearly half.

What he has done is move the land from one category of Federal land to another category of Federal land. While the government could eventually sell the land, there is no indication that they will ever do so.

I figured it was a lot of hype over basically nothing as usual. Up to the point the year old national monument was reduced virtually no one knew it existed or even what it consisted of. It was just outrage over the false notion that all our national parks being sold to big industry so they could strip mine them. The usual hysteria.

It certainly means something to the local Native tribes who want to commemorate their culture, as well as to paleontologists who prize dinosaur bones over gold.

How are local native tribes being kept from commemorating their culture? How many paleontologists are excavating the area and how are they being kept from doing so? What dinosaur bones have been found to be there in the first place?

It's considered a holy site by the Natives there, as the graves of their ancestors are located there. Would you want your family's church destroyed by private business?

What private businesses are going destroy it?

Kraichgauer wrote:
Paleontologists are legitimately worried about how industrial mining and construction would destroy priceless fossils.

What industrial mining is going to take place? What will they be mining for?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 1:02 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kokopelli wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

I can't speak about the particulars, but that land would hardly have been freed up for private use if businesses weren't interested in moving in to develop (destroy) what is already preexisting.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 1:38 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kokopelli wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

I can't speak about the particulars, but that land would hardly have been freed up for private use if businesses weren't interested in moving in to develop (destroy) what is already preexisting.

So the Bears Ears area became a national monument 12/28/16 and less than a year later the monument was reduced in size. I'm just wondering about the millions of acres surrounding the Bears Ears area and what makes it such a prime location for paleontologists and land development/destroyers. I mean when I look at a map of the for corner states of Utah, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico all of which are mostly comprised of vast desert wilderness, why this tiny little dot of land on that map is so vital to the mining industry or paleontological digs.

As for Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, I'm reading that it being designated as a national monument by Bill Clinton on 09/18/96, was controversial from the very beginning (this was the case with Bears Ears also). And it's not that it's being eliminated as a national monument, just that the area of the national monument is being reduced in size. I have to wonder just how big either national monument has to be. And again with all the millions of acres of desert wilderness surrounding it, why that teeny tiny area on a map of the four corner states is so vital to the mining industry.

I guess I just require more knowledge regarding the particulars, before I decide to become furious over the situation.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 1:43 am

I happen to believe that we should have a considerable amount of protected land. Theodore Roosevelt thought so, too.

You would have liked him, Ezra. He spoke softly, yet carried a big stick.

Roosevelt would have thought of Trump as being an infernal schmuck for screwing with the land.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 2:06 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I happen to believe that we should have a considerable amount of protected land. Theodore Roosevelt thought so, too.

Roosevelt would have thought of Trump as being an infernal schmuck for screwing with the land.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 2:09 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kokopelli wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

So the Bears Ears area became a national monument 12/28/16 and less than a year later the monument was reduced in size. I'm just wondering about the millions of acres surrounding the Bears Ears area and what makes it such a prime location for paleontologists and land development/destroyers. I mean when I look at a map of the for corner states of Utah, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico all of which are mostly comprised of vast desert wilderness, why this tiny little dot of land on that map is so vital to the mining industry or paleontological digs.

As for Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, I'm reading that it being designated as a national monument by Bill Clinton on 09/18/96, was controversial from the very beginning (this was the case with Bears Ears also). And it's not that it's being eliminated as a national monument, just that the area of the national monument is being reduced in size. I have to wonder just how big either national monument has to be. And again with all the millions of acres of desert wilderness surrounding it, why that teeny tiny area on a map of the four corner states is so vital to the mining industry.

I guess I just require more knowledge regarding the particulars, before I decide to become furious over the situation.

Human graves and fossil finds don't limit themselves to where Trump decides to draw the line where federal land ends, and so may become destroyed with careless development.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 7:02 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kokopelli wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Human graves and fossil finds don't limit themselves to where Trump decides to draw the line where federal land ends, and so may become destroyed with careless development.

And the millions of acres of surrounding wilderness that weren't part of a national monument for 11 months are completely free of human graves and fossils?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 7:58 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Neither Roosevelt nor any other president thought that reduced area was anything special until a just year ago. People are acting like Trump turned Yellowstone into a golf course. Maybe Roosevelt would have considered all the hype ridiculous.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 8:02 am

The Bushes would never have thought of reducing national park land to the extent that Trump is proposing right now.

They were both for "development," rather than "conservation," per se.

I am strong believer in digging for fossils, and learning about the history of the Earth.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 8:25 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The Bushes would never have thought of reducing national park land to the extent that Trump is proposing right now. They were both for "development," rather than "conservation," per se.

How do you know they never thought about it?
I bet you and 99% of the population didn't even know Bears Ears existed up until recently. But now it's suddenly supposed to be some atrocious calamity taking place that all the wasteland around it isn't the national park it was for a whole 11 months. Sorry, but I have to be more choosy over what I let myself become upset over.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 9:04 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kokopelli wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Oil,gas,potash.
https://bearsearscoalition.org/threats/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 11:12 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
kokopelli wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

And the millions of acres of surrounding wilderness that weren't part of a national monument for 11 months are completely free of human graves and fossils?

Dunno, might be there.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 11:21 am

No, never heard of Bear Claws....but that's not the point.

If Trump had a choice, he just might make all land exploitable. He's a businessman and an urbanite.

He should listen to conservationslists more. Republican conservationalists.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 6:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Probably a lot of people consider land development more important than more piles of bones and pottery shards.

And a lot of people consider saving those so called piles of bones to be important. A lot of others care about being able to go camping and hiking in public lands - - try doing that if those lands get turned into private property.

Wehereas a lot of people think there's already an abundance of it. How many acres of hiking and excavating still remain? Are the areas being converted to public land even used or is it what everyone drives through to get to the good parts? I know with Nevada state and national parks, a lot of the surrounding outskirts of them are just miles of wasteland.

We've had much of these protected areas since the days of Teddy Roosevelt, so in most cases it's not as if the government is gobbling up land "from the people for the sake of the elites." In fact, it's the exact opposite, as those public lands are open to all of us, rather than being the private property of business elites.
Even in those areas that seem empty, there's an abundance of wild life.
As for your previous post: it's hardly a matter of liberal SJWs thoughtlessly seizing land in question here, but rather it was Native Americans in Utah who wanted to preserve a part of their cultural past. Hardly comparable to a fascist strongman, unless you're of the Alt Right opinion that whites are somehow being oppressed by minorities.

Isn't there an abundance of wildlife most everywhere that's undevelped? And I'm wondering how this country would fare if it weren't for the businesses eletes. Perhaps like a deeply impoverished third world s**thole.

As for my previous post, it was made separately for a reason. Your conglomerating the two distorts what I was saying.

So I'll reiterate. When it comes to many matters, not just the Bears and Ears monument, but many things. Liberalism consisting of the whole pc sjw antifa et al forcing change on society, really doesn't seem much better or less fascist than a strongman government.

And I don't think one has to be alt-right to see the blatantly deep-seated hatred liberalism has for white people who aren't liberals and would clearly like to see them eliminated.

Liberalism really just seems to be redirection of fascism and bigoty, rather than an elimination.

Our country has pristine wilderness that has been spoiled, or is in the process of being spoiled, in other countries. The difference is, we appreciate what we have, and thus try to preserve it. MissLizzard is quite correct about how even so, private enterprise has done it's part to do harm to the environment - and the local people - all for the sake of making a buck. The right might have the shell of an argument if said businesses were paying their employees what they were worth and growing the economy, but they clearly aren't.
And hatred of white people? Please! Sure, there are SJW types who can be accused of such a thing, but most liberals are pro-union, and pro-worker's rights, which mostly benefits whites. Unfortunately, the forces of reaction (who represent those polluting, low paying businesses) have managed to convince too many whites losing ground that those stealing from them are those who have it worse than said working class white people, getting them to vote against their own economic interests. And yes, I do know of what I speak of, as I was raised in a working class, union household. My dad, who had been a staunch union man, was heart broken by the way so many guys he worked with were manipulated to turn to the the anti-union, pro-business right.

Kraichgauer, don't you know that all liberals are PC, white-hating, heterophobic, easily triggered SJWs? :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 8:58 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Probably a lot of people consider land development more important than more piles of bones and pottery shards.

And a lot of people consider saving those so called piles of bones to be important. A lot of others care about being able to go camping and hiking in public lands - - try doing that if those lands get turned into private property.

Wehereas a lot of people think there's already an abundance of it. How many acres of hiking and excavating still remain? Are the areas being converted to public land even used or is it what everyone drives through to get to the good parts? I know with Nevada state and national parks, a lot of the surrounding outskirts of them are just miles of wasteland.

We've had much of these protected areas since the days of Teddy Roosevelt, so in most cases it's not as if the government is gobbling up land "from the people for the sake of the elites." In fact, it's the exact opposite, as those public lands are open to all of us, rather than being the private property of business elites.
Even in those areas that seem empty, there's an abundance of wild life.
As for your previous post: it's hardly a matter of liberal SJWs thoughtlessly seizing land in question here, but rather it was Native Americans in Utah who wanted to preserve a part of their cultural past. Hardly comparable to a fascist strongman, unless you're of the Alt Right opinion that whites are somehow being oppressed by minorities.

Isn't there an abundance of wildlife most everywhere that's undevelped? And I'm wondering how this country would fare if it weren't for the businesses eletes. Perhaps like a deeply impoverished third world s**thole.

As for my previous post, it was made separately for a reason. Your conglomerating the two distorts what I was saying.

So I'll reiterate. When it comes to many matters, not just the Bears and Ears monument, but many things. Liberalism consisting of the whole pc sjw antifa et al forcing change on society, really doesn't seem much better or less fascist than a strongman government.

And I don't think one has to be alt-right to see the blatantly deep-seated hatred liberalism has for white people who aren't liberals and would clearly like to see them eliminated.

Liberalism really just seems to be redirection of fascism and bigoty, rather than an elimination.

Our country has pristine wilderness that has been spoiled, or is in the process of being spoiled, in other countries. The difference is, we appreciate what we have, and thus try to preserve it. MissLizzard is quite correct about how even so, private enterprise has done it's part to do harm to the environment - and the local people - all for the sake of making a buck. The right might have the shell of an argument if said businesses were paying their employees what they were worth and growing the economy, but they clearly aren't.
And hatred of white people? Please! Sure, there are SJW types who can be accused of such a thing, but most liberals are pro-union, and pro-worker's rights, which mostly benefits whites. Unfortunately, the forces of reaction (who represent those polluting, low paying businesses) have managed to convince too many whites losing ground that those stealing from them are those who have it worse than said working class white people, getting them to vote against their own economic interests. And yes, I do know of what I speak of, as I was raised in a working class, union household. My dad, who had been a staunch union man, was heart broken by the way so many guys he worked with were manipulated to turn to the the anti-union, pro-business right.

Kraichgauer, don't you know that all liberals are PC, white-hating, heterophobic, easily triggered SJWs? :lol:

Silly me, how could I have forgotten????