I predict Trump will be re-elected in 2020 !

Page 1 of 13 [ 204 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 1:20 am

the_phoenix wrote:
I think he'll be compared to Ronald Reagan.

well the dementia checks out, yes.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 1:22 am

the_phoenix wrote:
Darmok wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
I believe Donald J. Trump will be re-elected in 2020, and not only will he be re-elected, he will go down in history as one of our greatest Presidents America has ever had. Mark my words.

I think he'll be re-elected in a landslide. And if he can get the North Korea problem solved, which I think is very likely, he'll be seen as one of the great presidents of modern times (just as Obama will emerge as the most destructive president in American history).

Attendance at a typical Trump rally is huge. 8)

Like at his inauguration?

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 1:27 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

Their so-called dementia is far superior to their opponents' so-called sanity.

Last edited by the_phoenix on 06 Dec 2017, 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 1:32 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
Darmok wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
I believe Donald J. Trump will be re-elected in 2020, and not only will he be re-elected, he will go down in history as one of our greatest Presidents America has ever had. Mark my words.

I think he'll be re-elected in a landslide. And if he can get the North Korea problem solved, which I think is very likely, he'll be seen as one of the great presidents of modern times (just as Obama will emerge as the most destructive president in American history).

Yep. :)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 1:38 am

i only see him winning if the dems run hillary or another similar piece of s**t again. having one of the lowest approval ratings ever isn't exactly something that can be dismissed, and undoing legislation simply because the one who enacted it was in the other party, or supporting someone because it angers the opposite side is probably the single worst way to run a country ever conceived

honestly trump would be pretty okay in my book if only he knew when to shut the hell up, and was generally a more agreeable personality. it's embarrassing that this is the way we're representing our own country, though it's nice that we're seeing just how wrong the claim of maturity increasing with age is (the biggest meme ever created by mankind)...as i've struggled with this in my ownlife personally.

yeah, he's genuine i guess, but retweeting videos of muslims fighting or whatever he did recently is behavior you'd expect from skinheads or directionless young 20somethings, cracking open a cold one with their mates....not the POTUS.

anyway the two party system is pure cancer. i can't blame people for feeling like their vote doesn't matter when they have to choose for the same ol' evil and villainous every 2 years.

constant campaigning and electioneering burns out the populace and fosters apathy which is among the last things you want in a working democracy.

more young people/millennial and late gen X representation in government (30s, 40s) would be cool and i'd love to see more legislation that doesn't seem like it blatantly favors dying boomers.

so yeah those are my thoughts, not that anybody asked for them.

the_phoenix wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

:) er, whataboutism...dementia has no place in the oval office regardless of how crazed anyone else is.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 1:41 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

Reagan had a crucially important quality which Trump does not have and never will: a moral compass. He didn't change the script all the time heaping lie upon lie and he had the ability to respect others, and the demeanour of an responsible adult. The only comparison of Trump to Reagan will be a very unfavourable one to Trump.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 1:47 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:

:) er, whataboutism...dementia has no place in the oval office regardless of how crazed anyone else is.

Er, you will note my use of the term "so-called." :)

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 1:49 am

B19 wrote:
Reagan had a crucially important quality which Trump does not have and never will: a moral compass. He didn't change the script all the time heaping lie upon lie and he had the ability to respect others, and the demeanour of an responsible adult. The only comparison of Trump to Reagan will be a very unfavourable one to Trump.

Well, that's your opinion.

When I first heard Trump was running for President, I wasn't too sure about him. From what I've seen, he's moving in the right direction. Of course, leftists will disagree.

Last edited by the_phoenix on 06 Dec 2017, 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 2:13 am

My opinion is that left or right, most adults have a moral compass.

Despite the Contra catastrophe, Reagan generally conducted himself with dignity, restraint and respect for others. Forgive me if I am wrong, but I understand he was a right wing Republican, and despite his politics (with which I disagreed) I could appreciate his qualities. If you were implying that I - as a leftist - would never admire a rightist president, "of course a leftist would never agree" - that is not correct.

And, of course, when I express an opinion, that is my opinion. You are correct in that. If the basis for your comment "well that is your opinion" was that you don't consider my right to an opinion as valid as your right to an opinion, then any chance of a discussion with mutual respect is lost.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 2:23 am

I would say if he survives the Mueller investigation and is not indicted for breaking the Logan act and or obstruction of justice, it's too early to tell. A lot can happen by the time of just his second anniversary of his four year term. I think if the econmy is doing well and people are happy with their taxes and their healthcare and the NK problem is solved, he has good chance for reelection.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 2:25 am

Darmok wrote:

What's so great about defeating a vastly inferior opponent? It's virtually impossible for the US not to win. Other presidents had much bigger wars to win but Trump is playing on easy mode.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 2:28 am

B19 wrote:

Despite the Contra catastrophe, Reagan generally conducted himself with dignity, restraint and respect for others.

It's now the 80s anymore. Nowadays both sides are engaged in a mudslinging contest.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 2:29 am

To clarify my last post:

When I first heard Trump was running for President, I wasn't too sure about him. From what I've seen, he's moving in the right direction.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 2:29 am

GoSensGo wrote:
I might just get reelected if the Democrats can't come up with a decent opponent for him. Knowing them they'll probably run Hillary again, barf

Running Hillary or another boring corporate dem was my fear but now with the parties base moving so far to the left I can envision them nominating somebody who is or will enable SJW type thinking or large redistribution of wealth especially on the platform. A candidate running on a platform focusing on transgender bathroom rights, anti hate speech enforcement and education, knocking down Confererate and Columbus statues will lose badly to Trump. Plenty of people that agree with those ideas but will think it is stupid to prioritize them and will stay home.
The way the country is moving SJW and far left candidates will probably win eventually but while decreasing as a percentage of the culture older white people usually vote more.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 2:37 am

the_phoenix wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
Darmok wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:

Yep. :)

Obama's a lot bigger, which is why Trump feels he has to erase everything Obama has to do - - and Obama's inauguration was a lot bigger, too. :twisted:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 2:40 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
B19 wrote:

Despite the Contra catastrophe, Reagan generally conducted himself with dignity, restraint and respect for others.

It's now the 80s anymore. Nowadays both sides are engaged in a mudslinging contest.

Reagan would never win the Republican nomination now. Just bieng an internationalist would disquify him. And his late night deal making drinking dinners with Tip O’Neil would be seen as proof he is conspiring with the banksters to create a new world order, his niceness proof he is a ”cuck”.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman