I predict Trump will be re-elected in 2020 !

Page 9 of 13 [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 9:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Yes, there is natural climate change.

But the warming has accelerated far more than what could be "natural."

What took decades/centuries are now taking mere years.

Yes, and it's absurd to say that it's been disproven, as almost 100% of scientists agree that climate change is man made, save for a tiny minority of corporate shills who repeat the anti-global warming line that was scripted by their bosses.

I think that real climate scientists would generally agree that some part is man-made and some part natural. The disagreement would be on how much of each.

Without global warming, we'd be in trouble today. During the period known as The Little Ice Age, life was much harsher and starvation much more common. In some places, people would have to grind tree bark up to make flour. Is that what you'd like us to do now?

Like it or not, we all benefit greatly from global warming today.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 9:29 pm

the whole tRump phenomenon embarrasses me more, even than when I was in the army and my fellow barrackmates were drunkenly loud and boorish.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 9:57 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the whole tRump phenomenon embarrasses me more, even than when I was in the army and my fellow barrackmates were drunkenly loud and boorish.

I have yet to figure out why a draft dodger like Trump is so popular with people who are in the military. And especially by those who went to Viet Nam instead of becoming a draft dodger.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 10:03 pm

kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I have yet to figure out why a draft dodger like Trump is so popular with people who are in the military. And especially by those who went to Viet Nam instead of becoming a draft dodger.

I think it was Friedrich Schiller who said "against stupidity, even the gods contend in vain." the late comic Steve Allen coined a usefully pertinent phrase, "dumbth," to refer to people who consistently sabotaged themselves and their fellows. a serviceable definition of dumbth was presented by MLK when he said "the two most dangerous forces in the world today, are sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 12:42 am

kokopelli wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Yes, and it's absurd to say that it's been disproven, as almost 100% of scientists agree that climate change is man made, save for a tiny minority of corporate shills who repeat the anti-global warming line that was scripted by their bosses.

I think that real climate scientists would generally agree that some part is man-made and some part natural. The disagreement would be on how much of each.

Without global warming, we'd be in trouble today. During the period known as The Little Ice Age, life was much harsher and starvation much more common. In some places, people would have to grind tree bark up to make flour. Is that what you'd like us to do now?

Like it or not, we all benefit greatly from global warming today.

Unless it gets out of hand, and and the earth turns into Dune. Be nice to today's earthworms because they'll be tomorrow's sand worms!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 1:11 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I do not know why so many are worried that Trump opposes the idea that humans are causing global warming the will end of the world as we know it. I am more worried about Trump causing nuclear winter.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 1:15 am

I perceive a diabolical motivation to the climate change deniers. I think they know way more than they will let on to outsiders.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 1:51 am

auntblabby wrote:
I perceive a diabolical motivation to the climate change deniers. I think they know way more than they will let on to outsiders.

My take is, I believe they could care less if climate change is real, they're just concerned that doing something about it would cost them too much money. They figure they have enough money for them and their children to live protected from the harm they cause, while they could care less about the rest of us.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 1:53 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

My take is, I believe they could care less if climate change is real, they're just concerned that doing something about it would cost them too much money. They figure they have enough money for them and their children to live protected from the harm they cause, while they could care less about the rest of us.

ah, the Elysium scenario. or the Dr. Strangelove plan, underground mansions in underground cities for the elect. Morlocks.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 1:55 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I do not know why so many are worried that Trump opposes the idea that humans are causing global warming the will end of the world as we know it. I am more worried about Trump causing nuclear winter.

My concern with Trump is his loosening of regulation of pollutants that will accelerate deterioration of the environment, which includes man made global warming.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 2:01 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

ah, the Elysium scenario. or the Dr. Strangelove plan, underground mansions in underground cities for the elect. Morlocks.

If I recall, the Morlocks were once the subterranean working class who began preying on the enfeebled descendants of the rich. The working man gets his revenge! :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 2:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

If I recall, the Morlocks were once the subterranean working class who began preying on the enfeebled descendants of the rich. The working man gets his revenge! :lol:

I always get the eloi and morlocks mixed up. :? anyways, I don't wanna eat the rich, I just want them to stop robbing me and lording it over me.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 2:11 am

It seems like the man made climate change situation is over dramatized and modernization such as electrical cars eventually replacing gas driven cars etc is going to happen anyways as we progress into the 20th century. Probably a lot if not most of the things they say are causing climate change are becoming more and more antiquated, and their use will diminish, simply as a matter of progress.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 2:22 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I always get the eloi and morlocks mixed up. :? anyways, I don't wanna eat the rich, I just want them to stop robbing me and lording it over me.

Agreed.

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2017, 2:32 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I actually studied that study, and funny thing is, my teacher is staunchly pro-global warming; but, she was the one that pointed out to us the fallacy in that survey. Every survey I've found that have ended with that kind of statistic have been based almost entirely on Environmental Scientists, of which don't really study the patterns of climate. From my experience, when I was in Houston, just about every geologist I've talked to and studies we came across, have said that climate change is purely natural and that human influence, if any, is at most minute.

Environmental scientists from the United Nations, which is quite environmentalist, have come out and said that human influence is very small at this point, barely increasing global temperatures by the end of the century.

At this point, if we want to cut down on human influence on the climate, if there's any (I'm skeptical of all science -- everyone should be, that's how progress is made), then we need to look to Asia (mostly China and India, the greatest polluters). The US and Europe are pretty clean, even gasoline powered cars are fairly clean nowadays.

"It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big."
-Stefán Karl Stefánsson
10 July, 1975 - 21 August, 2018.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 2:43 am

Hyeokgeose wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I actually studied that study, and funny thing is, my teacher is staunchly pro-global warming; but, she was the one that pointed out to us the fallacy in that survey. Every survey I've found that have ended with that kind of statistic have been based almost entirely on Environmental Scientists, of which don't really study the patterns of climate. From my experience, when I was in Houston, just about every geologist I've talked to and studies we came across, have said that climate change is purely natural and that human influence, if any, is at most minute.

Environmental scientists from the United Nations, which is quite environmentalist, have come out and said that human influence is very small at this point, barely increasing global temperatures by the end of the century.

At this point, if we want to cut down on human influence on the climate, if there's any (I'm skeptical of all science -- everyone should be, that's how progress is made), then we need to look to Asia (mostly China and India, the greatest polluters). The US and Europe are pretty clean, even gasoline powered cars are fairly clean nowadays.

Granted, but not every geologist you met is every geologist.