What is so great about Trump and the Right?

Page 1 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 4:56 pm

I noticed how a lot of people, Americans and Europeans, think Trump is the right thing. I would like to know why Trump is so good considering that he increases taxes for the poor, lowering for the rich and try destroying everything called Welfare.

I am a European, and I also noticed how alot of fellow europeans are going far-right and think this is THE greatest thing happening, to abolish everything called welfare and give everything to the military, the rich and lowering the burdens of the strongest while increasing the burdens on the weak.

Why is this so popular nowadays?

Why is leftwing policies (not communist, but leftwing) so unpopular and why is right wing policies so popular?

I bet most people are definitely not billionaires in the waiting, so why would poor people want lower taxes for the rich?

Aside from "keeping the rich tax payers on [insert country]'s soil" (avoid they would leave the country in question) there really is no arguments for lowering taxes for the rich. Not any moral/ethical reasons, that is. There are practical reasons, but no moral reasons.

Remember: The rich are rich on behalf of the poor! They would not become rich was it not for the working poor!

And why should average people have to the "wage-slaves" for the employers in order to get anything to eat?

True leftwingers would have the solution ready: Give EVERYONE without a job a unconditional Basic Income that is equivalent to the minimum wage of 40 hours work a week, but without requirement of work! This would give ordinary, average people the TRUE freedom to live their OWN lives. Not only the rich, but the poor as well would be free!

It would also force the employers to give higher salaries to those who work, because everyone would in theory just stay home. And employment conditions would improve a lot, for the same reason.

Now, such a policy ought to be popular, but it isn't. And I cannot understand why, because MOST people are ordinary, low-wage employees. Would you not want TRUE freedom? Would you not want money without requirements, without any conditions other than you have no other income?

If your answer to above questions is "no", why wouldn't you?

Exploit the rich.
Give to the sick and poor.
Avoid forced labor including military service!

THIS is the HEAVEN on Earth!

But most people wouldn't want heaven on earth... they'd choose hell!

Without bashing or personal attacks, please explain to me why you would not want the rich to be forced to hand you money to live for, unconditionally?

I am so sick and tired of the Employers Organizations that if I expressed my real opinions on what to do about them, I would recieve a permanent ban on any forum.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 5:12 pm

Because rich people are not evil, and poor people are not good.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 5:20 pm

Closet Genious wrote:

Rich people are not neccessarily evil and poor people are not neccessarily good.

But being an evil psychopath/sociopath increases your chances of becoming rich.
And most poor are just good people who happened to be unfortunate.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 5:28 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:

Rich people are not neccessarily evil and poor people are not neccessarily good.

Do you have evidence to support that claim?

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 5:30 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:

http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are ... &IR=T&IR=T

Quote:
There's an unsettling correlation between psychopathy, a personality disorder characterized by a lack of conscience, and those who find personal wealth and success.

Quote:
The incidence of psychopathy among CEOs, for instance, is four times higher than the general population, reports journalist Jon Ronson in his book "The Psychopath Test."

There is enough evidence to support my claim and hence enough moral obligations to brutally exploit the rich and make their life suck!

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2017, 5:33 pm

Well, the right wing movement gains momentum the more that people are afraid. The left wing movement is about compassion, and recognizing we will only advance as a collective whole if we help each other out.

As Einstein says, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So if you don't like the way society is now, don't be a conservative, otherwise you'll get the same results.

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 5:39 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:

http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are ... &IR=T&IR=T

Quote:
There's an unsettling correlation between psychopathy, a personality disorder characterized by a lack of conscience, and those who find personal wealth and success.

Quote:
The incidence of psychopathy among CEOs, for instance, is four times higher than the general population, reports journalist Jon Ronson in his book "The Psychopath Test."

There is enough evidence to support my claim and hence enough moral obligations to brutally exploit the rich and make their life suck!

Then I fail to see how your morals are any better than theirs.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 5:42 pm

Shakti wrote:
Well, the right wing movement gains momentum the more that people are afraid. The left wing movement is about compassion, and recognizing we will only advance as a collective whole if we help each other out.

As Einstein says, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So if you don't like the way society is now, don't be a conservative, otherwise you'll get the same results.

And we've seen many times now that communism leads to a bloodbath beyond comprehension. So let's not do that again.

The reason people are fleeing from the left to the right, is because of the postmodern insanity on the left. I used to be a social liberal(center left), and now I'm more of a classic liberal, in some cases conservative.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 5:47 pm

In America, we celebrate other people's success.

I don't want to hold a gun to my dentist's head, and demand money, because my dentist owns a successful business serving the community.

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2017, 6:09 pm

The far left doesn't only have to be communism. That's something we tried, it didn't work, and it'll be a lot of trial and error until we find a system that does work.

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

GoSensGo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Nov 2017, 9:32 pm

Why is Trump so popular? Last time I checked, over half of the American populace disapproves of Trump. What's so good about the right? Well, what's so good about the left? What's so good about any political ideology? People will differ ideologically and philosophically, it's just normal.

As far as the communist/anti-capitalist sentiments go, people love to claim our system doesn't work... why? If you were lucky enough to be born in a 1st world nation (all of which seem to have the commonality of capitalism), I think you have it pretty good.

I find that people who talk about these outlandish anti-capitalist ideals all lack a basic understand of economics, government and basic human nature. You say everyone without a job should be given a basic income equal to that of working a full time job. Well who would pay for this? You would have to really tax the hell out of those who had jobs. And what would be the incentive to work when you could get the same money just sitting on your ass playing video games all day?

Far leftists seem to have this obsession with having things handed to them. They want to remain perpetual dependants: first of their parents, and then the government. To me, this is sad and goes against human nature. We are meant to work. We grow as people through facing adversity, not having things handed to us.

These things you're saying... brutally exploit the rich... this is just silly.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 10:03 pm

GoSensGo wrote:
Why is Trump so popular? Last time I checked, over half of the American populace disapproves of Trump. What's so good about the right? Well, what's so good about the left? What's so good about any political ideology? People will differ ideologically and philosophically, it's just normal.

As far as the communist/anti-capitalist sentiments go, people love to claim our system doesn't work... why? If you were lucky enough to be born in a 1st world nation (all of which seem to have the commonality of capitalism), I think you have it pretty good.

I find that people who talk about these outlandish anti-capitalist ideals all lack a basic understand of economics, government and basic human nature. You say everyone without a job should be given a basic income equal to that of working a full time job. Well who would pay for this? You would have to really tax the hell out of those who had jobs. And what would be the incentive to work when you could get the same money just sitting on your ass playing video games all day?

Far leftists seem to have this obsession with having things handed to them. They want to remain perpetual dependants: first of their parents, and then the government. To me, this is sad and goes against human nature. We are meant to work. We grow as people through facing adversity, not having things handed to us.

These things you're saying... brutally exploit the rich... this is just silly.

Couldn't agree more.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 10:17 am

Isn't it odd how so many left leaning politicians and celebrities push for making the rich poor when they are rich themselves? :?

GoSensGo

24 Nov 2017, 10:53 am

People just like passing the buck. It's always someone else who needs to change and help out, never themselves. The underclass pass the buck to the middle class, the middle class pass it to the upper class, the upper class passes it to the millionaires, the millionaires pass it to the billionaires, and the billionaires pass it to the politicians.

Everyone always has a strong opinion on what should be done with OTHER PEOPLE'S money lol

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 2:08 pm

Marknis wrote:
Isn't it odd how so many left leaning politicians and celebrities push for making the rich poor when they are rich themselves? :?

They don't push to make them poor, just not have them owning ridiculous amount of money, making them only reasonably rich. The problem is that, contrary to what say the economic right, the money do not trickle down, it trickle up; so by "pushing" the money down it allow it to flow and to built a prosperous economy: the rich are still rich, though less than before, and a more prosperous middle class and less poverty.
If you want demonstration of trickle down economy not working, just look at most of civilization history, with insanely rich peoples living in the same kingdoms and cities as starving poor.
If you want a demonstration of high taxation on the rich working, look at the western world in the after war period, with a never seen before prosperity for ordinary peoples and governments caring for the poor with welfare programs, as they didn't wanted to see them seduced by communism propaganda.

As it stand now the richest of the rich have so much money, they don't even know what to with it anymore and simply keep it in banks or buying artworks, meaning it don't their money don't flow the economy.

GoSensGo

24 Nov 2017, 4:07 pm

People should have the right to do whatever they want with their money. Some people like to think of rich people as greedy, underhanded, lucky, etc, but if you look at the richest people in the world, you'll mostly see people who worked their asses off to develop and build a business. Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Ortega, etc. Who gets to decide what having "too much money" is?

And if you choose to heavily tax a wealthy person, what's to stop them from moving their business to another country with lower taxes?