Page 19 of 19 [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 10:28 pm

LittleCoyoteKat wrote:
I have no problems with reading English, but you seem awfully ready to insinuate quite a lot about my character and intelligence with your strategic statements, as I see you've done with others.

No I haven't. I have on occasion felt bad after slicing someone's head off with words only to find out later the problem is one of reading comprehension due to English being a second language. I was just covering myself, in case that was so.

LittleCoyoteKat wrote:
You delved into the middle of a focused discussion between two people as though I had been speaking to you.

Like I said, it's a public forum, this is not strange to see here or on any forum. It's not a private conversation, people can and will drop in all the time to debate points in these mini 1-on-1s.

LittleCoyoteKat wrote:
You didn't disagree with what I said, you took a cheap shot (as you admitted in your own words) and knowingly twisted my position and words to make it sound as though I am on the level with euthanizing children.

It was a lazy one-liner. I didn't so much twist your position, as take it to a logical extreme. If you've read my posts, you know that I consider the unborn human beings, just as poor kids in orphanages are.

Quote:
You're also arguing about a fetus, when I stated embryo, which are completely different things, yet you're not changing anything?

It makes little difference to my words, they are human beings, just at different stages of development.

Quote:
And now you're claiming I'm attacking you personally rather than making my own deductions

But you did hehe.

LittleCoyoteKat wrote:
From the beginning you seemed to be looping me into an argument by making subtle hints that influence me to defend my character and my position. I don't agree with using such methods. They're almost exclusively utilized because a person has some repressed emotional issue that they don't feel comfortable expressing in an alternative and more appropriate manner. It's a very common theme on the internet, especially in public forums. If that's not what you're doing, then I apologize for reading you wrong. But the way with which you went about responding to my reply to someone else is incredibly similar to many, many instances where it has in fact been the case that someone was baiting solely for the sake of inciting an argument.

Perhaps I should say it more often, but well meaning people can quite easily be talked into abhorrent positions on topics, believing quite fervently that what they believe is good. Likewise intelligent people can quite easily hold erroneous beliefs and engage in stupid illogical discourse (See "Don't like abortion? Don't have one" earlier in the thread). I was not attacking your character, I was attacking the opinion, the position. If you care to even vaguely imagine my position, where the unborn are human beings and someone says "we should kill them rather than give them up for adoption" this is rather ugly no? So I'm afraid I won't take it back. But I will reassure you I was not implying anything about your character.

Also what's wrong with inciting argument? This is a forum designed for debate, it's not group therapy or The Haven.

LittleCoyoteKat wrote:
I'm not going to insinuate that you're even remotely okay with cruelty towards children, and I'm going to let you have your opinion without judgment.

I'm not sure why you would, if I really assumed you'd run around an orphanage with a machine gun to save orphans pain and suffering, I wouldn't have said it. In fact my question assumes you would find that wrong or what's the point in saying it?

LittleCoyoteKat wrote:
edit: I also can't help but wonder why you seem to be so focused on my opinion, even though there are several others here that you would disagree with.

Ah I'm not sure, I never reply to every post. I think it was your insistence that abortion is good compared to adoption "because their lives are so miserable" that irked me. It tends to set me off, I think the only person who can decide if their life is worth living is the person themselves. Would you like me to judge if your life is worth living? I suspect not.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 10:35 pm

LittleCoyoteKat wrote:
I guess you didn't realize I wasn't talking to you, then? If you're so bored, move on. I'm not interested in being your punching bag. Go take it out on the person you're actually mad at that did you wrong. Or argue your inane drivel with someone else, because you're already changing the topic to suit you. I'm not interested and I have enough sense to move on.

It's almost cute how you think you can somehow know anything at all about me, and that you would have some insight into my person that I don't already have. You might want to turn the mirror around; then again, you seem like the glass house type. Have a nice night misdirecting your anger and psychological issues on others. We're done talking to each other.

LittleCoyoteKat wrote:
So I find any attempt to belittle, put down, judge, infantilize, condemn, etc another person for a difference of opinion AND omniscient/arrogant attitudes to be completely detestable.

Physician, heal thyself.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 10:51 pm

Thread has run it's course when it reaches this kind of stage.