Who is the next democrat Presidential candidate?

Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MissChess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Feb 2018, 8:32 pm

Jill Stein and Oprah Winfrey are both woo-f*ck wingnuts, and if either one is given the Democratic nomination I'll move up my retirement plans and watch the show from somewhere sunny and warm in central America.

(This isn't "I'll leave the country if I don't like the President". I'd have done that for Trump if I was ready to retire, and I'm going to do it eventually regardless of who's President.)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 8:48 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
I don't care who it is as long as he/she is willing to pass anti-corruption legislation.

this is probably the key thing i look for in a candidate.

though i'm not sure how that change will be implemented, as it is now the people who would vote for anti corruption legislation are the same people who benefit most from said corruption. :shrug:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 1:33 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn't want Oprah Winfrey. She's a fine talk show host.

Just like Trump was a fine reality-show host.

Both should stick to what they do best.

She's not even interested in being president.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 1:54 am

MissChess wrote:
Jill Stein and Oprah Winfrey are both woo-f*ck wingnuts, and if either one is given the Democratic nomination I'll move up my retirement plans and watch the show from somewhere sunny and warm in central America.(This isn't "I'll leave the country if I don't like the President". I'd have done that for Trump if I was ready to retire, and I'm going to do it eventually regardless of who's President.)

I envy [nicely] your socioeconomic upwards mobility. :wtg: at this point i'll take a leftwingnut over what we have now, I have a feeling that a sizable portion of the electorate is starving for some relative semblance of relative decency right now.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2018, 9:57 pm

I vote Om Nom for president, because he's a Sweet Pea.

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 10:01 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

I'm not rooting for Michelle Obama. She will probably continue the fake liberalism of Barack Obama ... which is what created the macho trollpublicanism of Trump in the first place.

Michelle is loyal to the man she married. This is usually a positive trait ... unless you married a neoconservative in liberal clothing.

Fake liberals tend to marry other fake liberals. Let's not make that mistake again.

What are you talking about? Fake Liberals? This is all too interesting for me. :o

-Thomas Jefferson

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 2:56 pm

GCAspies wrote:
The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
It's very likely that Hillary Clinton was the main reason Trump unfortunately won the 2016 elections. :(

However, with the 2020 elections around the corner I thought it'd be fun to discuss and predict who will be the next president Democrat presidential candidate. :D

Is it gonna be Bernie Sanders or Michelle Obama?

I keep hearing Bernie's name brought up and the current president has brought him up in conversation. If the person I am thinking of was another 10-20 years older, I would see him being the presidential candidate in 2020 but it won't happen. That is U.S. Rep. Joe Kennedy, the grandson of Robert F. Kennedy, from Massachusetts. With more experience in the U.S. House and then in U.S. Senate/Gov. of Mass., I could see Joe Kennedy as the kind of candidate that would take the White House.

Going back to 2020, I could see someone like Michelle Obama. Not Oprah. Oprah would have the numbers, but I am unsure how people would see her politically. We've already had one celebrity (the current president) in office. I am not a big fan of replacing one celebrity with another. I am just tired of celebrities in office already, even after one year. I want someone who can actually govern the country from the White House. Not a celebrity who is in office now or a celebrity who is thinking of running for the White House in 2020. Keep celebrities on TV where they belong.

Caroline Kennedy is also rumored to be running.

If he were a bit younger, I would also consider Joe Manchin (senator from WV). I also like John Hickenlooper (governor of Colorado)

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 3:04 pm

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

I'm not rooting for Michelle Obama. She will probably continue the fake liberalism of Barack Obama ... which is what created the macho trollpublicanism of Trump in the first place.

Michelle is loyal to the man she married. This is usually a positive trait ... unless you married a neoconservative in liberal clothing.

Fake liberals tend to marry other fake liberals. Let's not make that mistake again.

What are you talking about? Fake Liberals? This is all too interesting for me. :o

Real liberals don't like the Patriot Act.

Real liberals don't use drones to kill innocent civilians in the Middle East.

The Obamas are fake liberals.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 3:11 pm

Obama was a politician, just like the rest of 'em.

Still.....he never tried to screw with the right of free speech and of the press.....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 3:14 am

everybody I know was better off under Obama than under the present white house occupant.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 6:37 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, John Kerry, Jeff Merkley, Nancy Pelosi, or Elizabeth Warren.

I would add Corey Booker to that list.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 6:39 pm

auntblabby wrote:
everybody I know was better off under Obama than under the present white house occupant.

SECONDED!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 12:12 pm

@Kraichgauer: Off-topic, but what is Spokane like politically, compared to Seattle?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 1:59 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
@Kraichgauer: Off-topic, but what is Spokane like politically, compared to Seattle?

A lot more conservatives around here. But there is a growing liberal movement here, as well, considering that we have an annual pride parade and rainbow festival. In fact a few years ago, The advocate, a leading national LGBT periodical, called Spokane the 3rd most gay friendly city in America.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 3:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

SECONDED!

This is one of the main things that is killing leftism - party loyalty.

Look at the big picture. Yes, Obama was better than Trump. That's hardly an achievement, given how horribly selfish Trump is.

During the Obama administration, Scandinavian people enjoyed a higher standard of living than Americans.

Don't treat Obama as a perfect saint. Understand that he could have been so much more.

Political discourse becomes stupid and lazy when people worship politicians, instead of striving for abstract moral ideals.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 5:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

A lot more conservatives around here. But there is a growing liberal movement here, as well, considering that we have an annual pride parade and rainbow festival. In fact a few years ago, The advocate, a leading national LGBT periodical, called Spokane the 3rd most gay friendly city in America.

Interesting.

Austin and Houston are the main progressive cities in Texas. Most of the southern half of Texas is Democratic, the northern half is mostly Republican (except for Dallas and Tarrant counties). All but two of the GOP reps are pro-Trump (Kay Granger and Will Hurd are the two never-Trumpers). The one leaning most to the right is Louie Gohmert (district is in deep east Texas), the one most to the left is Sheila Jackson-Lee (district is in the middle of Houston).