Are female nipples honestly that "bad" to be shown?

Page 12 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2018, 2:47 pm

I think they’re censored not because they’re bad, but because they’re good.

I read a long while ago something pretty eye-opening about how much this stuff depends on culture, even if it can seem a matter of instinct. I don’t remember where I found it, so it’s entirely possible that someone posted it on these forums. The story was about some tribe somewhere on Earth, probably told by a Western journalist. Two young men started quarrelling for some petty reason or other, till an old woman halted the dispute by shaming them, comparing their behavior to that of infants, reinforcing the point by taking her—obviously worn and sagged, which perhaps highlighted even more the point that this was something they should have long outgrown—breasts in her hands and ironically, but sternly, inviting them to suckle. However, this power to shame the young men into behaving themselves wasn’t exclusive to her: young women of the men’s own generation started doing the same, laughing at the incident, and noöne saw the taunting as sexual in nature; the men felt nothing but shame, because the image of sucking the women’s nipples meant simply that they were regarded as immature and unworthy of being treated like grown men.

I don’t remember anything else. Women seemed to have a good deal of power in that society, so maybe it was matriarchal. It was probably quite peaceful, too.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2018, 9:49 am

Spiderpig wrote:
I think they’re censored not because they’re bad, but because they’re good.

I read a long while ago something pretty eye-opening about how much this stuff depends on culture, even if it can seem a matter of instinct. I don’t remember where I found it, so it’s entirely possible that someone posted it on these forums. The story was about some tribe somewhere on Earth, probably told by a Western journalist. Two young men started quarrelling for some petty reason or other, till an old woman halted the dispute by shaming them, comparing their behavior to that of infants, reinforcing the point by taking her—obviously worn and sagged, which perhaps highlighted even more the point that this was something they should have long outgrown—breasts in her hands and ironically, but sternly, inviting them to suckle. However, this power to shame the young men into behaving themselves wasn’t exclusive to her: young women of the men’s own generation started doing the same, laughing at the incident, and noöne saw the taunting as sexual in nature; the men felt nothing but shame, because the image of sucking the women’s nipples meant simply that they were regarded as immature and unworthy of being treated like grown men.

I don’t remember anything else. Women seemed to have a good deal of power in that society, so maybe it was matriarchal. It was probably quite peaceful, too.

^ Very interesting!