Are female nipples honestly that "bad" to be shown?

Page 4 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2018, 1:18 pm

Well, some people do cover their eyes with burka

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 1:22 pm

Yep....they do.

It looks uncomfortable.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 1:49 pm

I guess his next project is to write Finnegan's Wake.....

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 2:03 pm

It is true that I enjoy a Trip down Finnegan's Lane, now and then; it is also true that a Science Abstract can be pleasing too; fitting it all within the parameters of a tightly wrapped Box; in yes, a way of life, per systemizing life; ironically, very much like a Burka or the space between a Militant Atheist and a Fundamentalist Christian. The clothes and objects may be different but the Crux of the subjects per essence is surprisingly similar. By God, humans are an interesting mix of same and different, I Love to study..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 2:36 pm

Female nipples and male nipples are often indistinguishable, as are male and female breasts.

There are a good number of men out there who arw not particularly aesthetically pleasing without shirts on so I do not see finding female nipples aesthetically unpleasing as a valid basis for American society's censorship of them.

While female breasts are sexualized in our society, this is partially artificially so and personally I think if a woman wants to go topless she should be permitted to in all the arenas a man is permitted to go topless and people should keep theur hands to themselves and get over it.

That or impose the same restrictions on men with "manboobs" that are imposed on women.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 2:47 pm

I agree with the "what's fair is fair" theorem.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 3:03 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I agree with the "what's fair is fair" theorem.

I do too.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 7:23 pm

Chronos wrote:
Female nipples and male nipples are often indistinguishable, as are male and female breasts.

There are a good number of men out there who arw not particularly aesthetically pleasing without shirts on so I do not see finding female nipples aesthetically unpleasing as a valid basis for American society's censorship of them.

Censorship, in this situation/context has nothing to do with nipples being unattractive...
It has to do with "common decency"...which I personally disagree with...

Female nipple are not unattractive for overwhelmingly most people...
On the contrary, they are overwhelmingly too attractive and invite a great deal of attention...often inappropriate attention...

Chronos wrote:
While female breasts are sexualized in our society, this is partially artificially so and personally I think if a woman wants to go topless she should be permitted to in all the arenas a man is permitted to go topless and people should keep theur hands to themselves and get over it.

That or impose the same restrictions on men with "manboobs" that are imposed on women.

But...but...
"Not all nipples are created equally...
Some nipples are more equal than others..."

Well, actually that isn't strickly true...
Consider this:
Male nipples are, in most situations, inconsequential...
That can't be said, in most situations, of women's nipples...
Therefore, it is the context of the nipple that is important!

If one were to photoshop a male nipple on a female breast, the allure, the sexual appeal would still be there, so the nipple in itself is not the guilty party...
It is dependant on the mindset of the individual who is looking to make it so...

Now, define the context of that lonely nipple by placing it on a male chest or a female breast...
It is only then that it becomes an issue in regards to "common decency"...

Therefore, your honour, I contend that it is not the nipple which is the villain of the piece...
It is in fact the piece of flesh holding the poor inoffensive nipple, which is despicable...

Your honour, members of the jury, I say to you, in no uncertain terms, that the nipple is not the guilty party...
It is simply a case of guilt through association and not guilt through intention to cause affrontery nor an act of lewd behaviour...

And so, if it pleases the court, I hereby submit grounds for dismissal of the proceedings...
<the entire courtroom rises in unison and applauds the defending barrister>

Case dismissed!! !

P.S.

I must admit that I felt like a Jerry Seinfeld...
But where could I find a "Jerry Seinfeld" this time of day...<boom tish>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 7:32 pm

If a woman has nursed a baby, nipples look very attractive.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 8:43 pm

Pepe wrote:
Chronos wrote:

Censorship, in this situation/context has nothing to do with nipples being unattractive...
It has to do with "common decency"...which I personally disagree with...

Female nipple are not unattractive for overwhelmingly most people...
On the contrary, they are overwhelmingly too attractive and invite a great deal of attention...often inappropriate attention...

Chronos wrote:

But...but...
"Not all nipples are created equally...
Some nipples are more equal than others..."

Well, actually that isn't strickly true...
Consider this:
Male nipples are, in most situations, inconsequential...
That can't be said, in most situations, of women's nipples...
Therefore, it is the context of the nipple that is important!

If one were to photoshop a male nipple on a female breast, the allure, the sexual appeal would still be there, so the nipple in itself is not the guilty party...
It is dependant on the mindset of the individual who is looking to make it so...

Now, define the context of that lonely nipple by placing it on a male chest or a female breast...
It is only then that it becomes an issue in regards to "common decency"...

Therefore, your honour, I contend that it is not the nipple which is the villain of the piece...
It is in fact the piece of flesh holding the poor inoffensive nipple, which is despicable...

Your honour, members of the jury, I say to you, in no uncertain terms, that the nipple is not the guilty party...
It is simply a case of guilt through association and not guilt through intention to cause affrontery nor an act of lewd behaviour...

And so, if it pleases the court, I hereby submit grounds for dismissal of the proceedings...
<the entire courtroom rises in unison and applauds the defending barrister>

Case dismissed!! !

P.S.

I must admit that I felt like a Jerry Seinfeld...
But where could I find a "Jerry Seinfeld" this time of day...<boom tish>

In many instances, male and female nipples are indistinguishable. Even Instagram's algorithm often gets it wrong.

Can YOU tell which is male and which is female? 'Genderless Nipple' account on Instagram challenges the double standard in the app's anti-nipple policy with close-ups of men AND women Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z578XEvmzo Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Regardless though, I refuse to consider nearly identical and often identical versions of the same body part indecent according to the sex of the person it's attached to. It should not be who is exhibiting it but where and how.

A naked German lady once started talking to me in the locker room at the gym. Most American women don't walk around naked in the locker room having conversations but nudity is much more common and casual among Germans. Being she was in a locker room, and just conversing, though her behavior was unconventional by American standards, there was nothing indecent about it. Had she been walking around on the street in an exhibitionist manner, that would have been indecent in most societies.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 9:03 pm

I was in the Netherlands. I stayed at one of those "Sports Hotels." There was a sauna/steam room type place. I was banned from it unless I took off my clothes.

There were a bunch of friends in there, totally nude, talking as if they were at a cocktail party.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 10:10 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I was in the Netherlands. I stayed at one of those "Sports Hotels." There was a sauna/steam room type place. I was banned from it unless I took off my clothes.

There were a bunch of friends in there, totally nude, talking as if they were at a cocktail party.

You really should consider the following:
It is in the American constitution to fight any and all infringements of clause 38DD section iC, and I quote:
"No nipple, no matter the race nor creed shall be prejudiced against..."

And also, consider these grand words:
Quote:
I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all nipples are created equal."

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 12:42 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Japan is like that too. If you go to an onsen which is a japanese bathhouse, everybody is nekid as the day they was born :o The Japanese have a very liberal attitude to the human body. One of the reasons I like Japan so much. They are honest and open about sexuality too. None of this silly oooh, ahhh, I saws a nipple and I'm offended nonsense.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 12:46 am

I think that women should be free to show their nipples if they wish. It's no longer the 19th Century.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 1:22 pm

Chronos wrote:
Regardless though, I refuse to consider nearly identical and often identical versions of the same body part indecent according to the sex of the person it's attached to. It should not be who is exhibiting it but where and how.

I believe we have conclusively determined you are not male... :mrgreen:

While I don't consider nudity indecent (I don't live in the American Bible belt...:)), as a heterosexual male there is definitely "a difference of appreciation" of pretty much *any* aspect of an attractive woman as opposed to an attractive man...
Why would it be anything else?

While social/cultural influences do affect the way we perceive our opposite sexual interests (god, this political correct terminology is killing me...<sigh>), there is a fundamental reason for us to have a greater interest in potential sexual partners or fantasy partners, and that includes all the bits and pieces associated with the "sexual stimuli"...

An elegant female neck exposed by a ponytail...
A delicate female ear to consider...
Their mesmerising eyes...
The full inviting lips...
The slim arms and legs...
Oh god, the legs!...the legs!...
Leading up to the luscious curves of the buttocks... <pant>
The glistening abdomen...<pant pant>
The cleavage reminiscent of the buttocks...<pant pant pant>

Oh my god!
I can't breath!
I think I am having a heart attack! :heart: :heart: :heart:
<faints due to lack of blood to the brain>

From a male's point of view, I think every aspect of a sexual opposite is attractive, no matter the physical commonalities...
Evolution simply has made most males that way...<shrug> :mrgreen:

We will simply have to agree to disagree on this one... :wink:

Vive la différence, mon chéri... 8)

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 8:03 pm

Pepe wrote:

While social/cultural influences do affect the way we perceive our opposite sexual interests (god, this political correct terminology is killing me...<sigh>), there is a fundamental reason for us to have a greater interest in potential sexual partners or fantasy partners, and that includes all the bits and pieces associated with the "sexual stimuli"...

An elegant female neck exposed by a ponytail...
A delicate female ear to consider...
Their mesmerising eyes...
The full inviting lips...
The slim arms and legs...
Oh god, the legs!...the legs!...
Leading up to the luscious curves of the buttocks... <pant>
The glistening abdomen...<pant pant>
The cleavage reminiscent of the buttocks...<pant pant pant>

Oh my god!
I can't breath!
I think I am having a heart attack! :heart: :heart: :heart:
<faints due to lack of blood to the brain>