Conservatives seemingly validate SJW's with Kavanaugh probe

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 2:08 pm

Republican Senators instead of questioning Christine Blasey Ford get a female to do it for them.
The message intended to be sent - We get #MeToo
The message actually sent - Men are incapable of questioning women about a sexual assault because they are born rapists or because of their male privilege.

Conservatives widely praise Professor Ford's testimony.
The message intended to be sent - We have empathy and sympathy
The message actually sent - We are dumbfounded that women can actually be an effective witness (Like a psychology professor does not know a thing or two about pulling heartstrings)

Senator Flake forces the Republicans to delay the vote even though he says he intends to vote for Kavanaugh
The message intended to be sent - Damm if I know
The message actually sent - The Republicans blinked, game over. It's only a matter of time until the until we put the grandpas in their place, schadenfreude will never feel so good.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 5:18 pm

Democrats played a political game, and held onto the accusation for a long time, rather than revealing it, and investigating it. So Republicans got blindsided.

Dr Ford is hard to take serious
-her story is uncorroborated
-she a registered Democrat party member, which may indicate a motivational interest
-she attended ten of these "rape" parties
-said nothing about this until 2012
-only recently realized it was Kavanaugh
-foggy memory yet she says this the most traumatic event in her life (some rape survivors say they have much more vivid memory of such a traumatic event)
-her best friend that she said attended has no recollection of the event
-her testimony was emotionally charged like she said, "I thought he was gonna kill me"
-missing important details: she doesn't know how she got there at age 15, where it was, what time of day it was ...

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2018, 7:39 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Democrats played a political game, and held onto the accusation for a long time, rather than revealing it, and investigating it. So Republicans got blindsided.

It's called playing hardball. Why the hell would they expect Democrats to fight with their hands tied behind their back in order to be "fair" and "non-partisan" after all the s**t they pull? I just want to slap them silly when they start crywanking about "partisanship". Who blocked Obama's nomination for almost a year? It's like the pukes are incapable of self-reflection.

Quote:
-she a registered Democrat party member, which may indicate a motivational interest
-foggy memory yet she says this the most traumatic event in her life (some rape survivors say they have much more vivid memory of such a traumatic event)
-her testimony was emotionally charged like she said, "I thought he was gonna kill me"
-missing important details: she doesn't know how she got there at age 15, where it was, what time of day it was ...

:roll:

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 7:58 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

Politics is a tit for tat game, sitting on this issue was payback for even refusing to hold a hearing on Merrick Garland. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, speaking of which: why are we even holding hearings, according to the GOP we shouldn't be nominating justices in an election year until after the voters have weighed in.

As for your attacks on Blasey, I'm a sexual assault survivor, and I've already written about this today and don't have the energy to do it again, so read my post here as a rebuttal. In short, the vast majority of people that have been sexually assaulted suffer from PTSD, memory loss being one of the symptoms of PTSD. Ask a soldier with PTSD about their experiences in combat and what you'll find is the vast majority of them can't remember common details about the event (what weapon they were carrying sometimes, who was in their squad at the time, time of day sometimes, etc), what they remember are the emotions, and emotional senses, such as what it smelled like, how loud the sounds were, the feeling of fear, the feeling of rage, the feeling or terror, etc. The brain is just like any other organ in your body, it's got reflexive/instinctual procedures that will protect and heal it when it's under duress, memory loss and slowing down the intake of information it processes are two of those procedures. All I can really say is be thankful, truly thankful you've never had to experience it.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 8:36 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Politics is a tit for tat game, sitting on this issue was payback for even refusing to hold a hearing on Merrick Garland. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, speaking of which: why are we even holding hearings, according to the GOP we shouldn't be nominating justices in an election year until after the voters have weighed in.

As for your attacks on Blasey, I'm a sexual assault survivor, and I've already written about this today and don't have the energy to do it again, so read my post here as a rebuttal. In short, the vast majority of people that have been sexually assaulted suffer from PTSD, memory loss being one of the symptoms of PTSD. Ask a soldier with PTSD about their experiences in combat and what you'll find is the vast majority of them can't remember common details about the event (what weapon they were carrying sometimes, who was in their squad at the time, time of day sometimes, etc), what they remember are the emotions, and emotional senses, such as what it smelled like, how loud the sounds were, the feeling of fear, the feeling of rage, the feeling or terror, etc. The brain is just like any other organ in your body, it's got reflexive/instinctual procedures that will protect and heal it when it's under duress, memory loss and slowing down the intake of information it processes are two of those procedures. All I can really say is be thankful, truly thankful you've never had to experience it.

Why would she have PTSD when nothing actually happened ?

She felt like "he was going to kill me" , "he was going to rape me" but she left the room.

"Brett was accidentally going to kill me. Both Brett and Mark were drunkenly laughing during the attack. They seemed to be having a very good time. Mark seemed ambivalent, at times urging Brett on. At times telling him to stop. A couple of times, I made eye contact with Mark and thought he might try to help me. But he did not. During this assault, Mark came over and jumped on the bed twice while Brett was on top of me. And the last time he did this, we toppled over and Brett was no longer on top of me. I was able to get up and run out of the room, directly across from the bedroom was a small bathroom. I ran inside the bathroom and locked the door. I waited until I heard Brett and Mark leave the bedroom, laughing and loudly walked down the narrow stairway, pinballing off the walls on the way down."
https://abcnews.go.com/US/read-christin ... d=58107190

Last edited by LoveNotHate on 29 Sep 2018, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 8:46 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

She left the room.

She testified Kavanaugh was covering her mouth while restraining her and feared she was going to suffocate to death before she ran out of the room-- that's part you conveniently left out. And yes, fearing for one's life is precisely what gives a person PTSD. The very least you could do is accurately repeat her testimony, and that was such a bad show of faith I'm done debating you here. Move along.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 9:00 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

She left the room.

She testified Kavanaugh was covering her mouth while restraining her and feared she was going to suffocate to death before she ran out of the room-- that's part you conveniently left out. And yes, fearing for one's life is precisely what gives a person PTSD. The very least you could do is accurately repeat her testimony, and that was such a bad show of faith I'm done debating you here. Move along.

I don't think many people believe that some drunk teenager briefly putting his hand over your mouth will cause you life-long traumatic suffering.

My mom says flat out, "Can't you see ... these women are lieing".

I don't know.

If this happened, then likely she knew Brett and let him get in bed with her. She knew he was drunk. Maybe they were touching. Maybe Brett got out of hand, and she is using that against him now. However, unlikely this caused her life-long traumatic suffering.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 9:51 pm

I was just listening to Claire Lehman (founder of Quillette) on Rubin Report and she named a quality of conservatives, not in politics so much as the corporate environment, as squeemish and often backing down - in particular she and Dave were talking about advertising boycott requests from social media and these companies, fearing bad press, caved in. A lot of people have been talking about just how 'deer in the headlights' the Republican establishment has been and it's almost like they live on another planet at times.

Something else I'd like to add, I toyed with starting a post on the topic but didn't touch it because I wasn't sure I wanted to break the seal with my own opinion. Some of my thoughts:

1) It would be equally shocking if all the accusations were true (ie. that he's a serial gang rapist who passed six FBI background checks, or that absolutely nothing happened with Christina Ford - unless it did happen but indeed wasn't him).

2) This has been framed so badly that there's barely any sort of positive way forward. if the dems get their way and would wash their hands of the conversation a particular genie seems to be out of the bottle in that there's been talk on social media about gang-rape being as American as apple pie, I don't know how that carnival gets packed up and vanishes once the convenience has been served (ie. Democrats win the house and senate in November and get to push their own nominee - thus nullifying the first order of business).

3) Claiming victimhood to rape (at least for women) seems to be a new sort of papal infallability - and in this case, considering the utility of her testimony, it doesn't seem to be of any concern that her best friend says it never happened and the only other friendly witness also says it didn't happen (add - there seems to have been a petition that a lot of people who they went to high school with signed disavowing the incident?). It just makes things more baldly apparent than ever that if people like the story these days they like the story and they're sticking to it, true or false it's their teams play.

4) Regardless of what's true at the bottom of this I do think we can say something with due certainty - ie. that Dianne Feinstein is a terrible human being, and so much of the trauma of death threats, bad media, and negative celebrity go to her sitting on Christine's email for three months and only pulling it out after the confirmation hearings, after it's too late for Trump to have just picked a different candidate.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 10:02 pm

I am hoping that more women come forward and accuse Mr. Kavanaugh of sex-based criminal behavior.

If Mr. Cosby can be convicted based on unsubstantiated testimony, then so can Mr. Kavanaugh.

If Mr. Kavanaugh does not go to prison for his crimes, then Mr. Cosby should go free.

If either of these to conditions is not met, then the American judicial system may as well indict itself for race-based criminal behavior.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 10:23 pm

Fnord wrote:
If Mr. Kavanaugh does not go to prison for his crimes, then Mr. Cosby should go free.

1. Cosby confessed, Kavanaugh didn't.

2. No one filed a police report on Kavanaugh.

"At this time, the Montgomery County Police Department has not received a request by any alleged victim nor a victim’s attorney to initiate a police report or a criminal investigation regarding Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh"
http://www.wfmd.com/2018/09/28/statemen ... kavanaugh/

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 9:03 am

Meh; some folks have Empathy; some Folks get it; some Folks don't; some Folks just have low levels of Human Empathy.

As far as I can 'See' (Further than eyes and ears as sight and hearing organs alone WITH Empathy), Senator
Flake Showed on his Face in 'that Elevator' that he gets the Fact that People Don't Care to be Sexually Assaulted
and it's a Really Big Deal. He didn't Respond but the Humanity was boiling up inside of him as Humanity can and will do
in Social Justice Warrior Hero Ways that Are Real and a Really Big Deal too as far as what 'Real Humans Do' (Humans With Empathy).

Now as far as Logic Goes and what makes one who is Fit to be Justice on A Supreme Court, Separating Politics the Best
one can Per Example of Conservative Justices Like Justice Roberts who isn't just a 'Call Boy' for the Republican Party;
Regardless of the Outcome of the Sexual Assault Allegations, Mr. Kavanaugh's True Colors Came through even to
the Point of 'Dark State Clinton Conspiracy Theories'. Perhaps he could get elected President but he has no
place on the Supreme Court now as I'm sure Justice Roberts would agree; Cringeworthy it is for anyone
with a Feel and Sense (Know) for Loyalty, Integrity, and Character; On top of that a Vocabulary that
is more Intellectually Developed than I Drink Beers, I Drink A Lot of Beers, I Drink A Whole
Lot of Beers, and in General I Love Beer. On 'Saturday Night Live' Matt Damon provided A
Parody that didn't even Need Parody over the Crapola that Comes From anything that Trump Touches.
The Rest of the World Is still Laughing at Us and if there is such a thing as Karma For all the Unwarranted Wars that
the US has imposed on the Lesser That is coming back at US as the S Hits the Fan and continues to Spread all Around More.

One can/will only Hope that Trump is too Intellectually Undeveloped to Do Much more Harm in 'Dark Villain' ways
as usually Dark Villains are Smarter than 'Goldmember'. Meanwhile, I continue to enjoy the Popcorn along with the
'other Stuff' that isn't Harming anyone, at least for now. And if Folks Like 'Dandy' Graham and 'Company' with
their Narcissistic Meltdowns are Truly Foolish Enough to Put Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court, 'Objectively
Speaking', considering the Show of Kavanuagh's True Colors in Front of the Nation, so far; Then
Sure, put 'Bluto' on the Supreme Court as yes, he has all the Qualifications to Run a Supreme
Court Like an 'Animal House' where everyone Drinks a 'Ski' while making the Next Important
Court Decision as any 'Republican Call Boy' with a Brew Will do. At Least Trump Doesn't Drink;
perhaps adding enough IQ points not to Blow the Whole Frigging World up with Ignorance More.

Perhaps a Most Dangerous Increasing Phenom in the 'Western World', and the 'Eastern World' too is
Decreasing Levels of Human Empathy, Overall, as Humans Become More Tool Minded than Human Minded now
in terms of Social Empathic Intelligence over Mechanical Cognition; per the Art in SmArt that does make us Human; and
What makes Dogs Dogs too in Domesticated Fashion; and Wolves Wolves in Wild Fashion too as Healthy Social Animals, too. Meanwhile, I'm Celebrating 10K Miles of Public Dance Today in 5 Years of doing that where I touch the Few HeArts that are Left in my Red State Land that was once named Scratch Ankle and Literally Hell Before that; Just more Popcorn
for me; heHe; While, Mean While other Folks almost Totally Miss an Ocean of Love (God) Drowning in Empty Bottles; etc.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 10:10 am

Many women line up in support of Kavanaugh

Comments:
-"It was too timely and strategic"
"I think she embellished what happened, or she would have gone to some authority or said something about it years ago"
"We have laws in this country that protect individuals from being wrongfully accused"
"Ford is political collateral, and they do not care"

"Lindsey Graham's office has received many women calling in to support Kavanaugh".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/another-stat ... itics.html

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 10:19 am

The timing and conditions were truly worst-case-scenario, both for rather permanently defacing Kavanaugh's capacity to be a supreme court justice and also for bringing down and even worse defacement on the trust America has with its women. That spate of CEOs and business higher-ups who don't want to mentor women or don't want to be alone in the same room with a woman alone will probably spike even higher.

All of this is going to have consequences that no one will enjoy, but the gonzo left being notoriously bad at connecting action and consequence will likely never learn from it.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 11:20 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
The timing and conditions were truly worst-case-scenario, both for rather permanently defacing Kavanaugh's capacity to be a supreme court justice and also for bringing down and even worse defacement on the trust America has with its women. That spate of CEOs and business higher-ups who don't want to mentor women or don't want to be alone in the same room with a woman alone will probably spike even higher.

Fact Checking False Rape Accusations and Why We Shouldn't Fear a False Rape Epidemic.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 12:37 pm

This is a case where both sides care about results not if an assault actually happened because if an assault happened is secondary to the ideology of SCOTUS and revenge. Any means necessary mentality makes it impossible to judge. Adding to that is in this particular case there is no way of knowing for sure what did or did not happen. No videotape or DNA and a large amount of alcohol probably with at least one party involved so this is ripe for manipulation.

What we have is here is an accusation and a pretty good idea that the nominee had the entitled and objectifying attuited towards girls typical of that time and place. It makes it plausible he committed the assault, that does not mean he did it. Guys with other guys say stuff to impress other guys that they are macho. Back then if you did not brag and act macho people would think you were gay which got you bullied. Today people say stuff despite knowing it can come back to haunt them. Then there was an expectation of privacy which was highly valued that I don't think I can adequately explain if you were not around.

Let me clear a few things up. I was rereading my OP and when I said she has the ability as a psychology professor to gain sympathy it came off as gaslighting. She could very well have been assaulted by Kavanaugh and then used her knowledge to be believed. While false accusations of sexual assault and rape happen I believe most accusations are true. There is such an incredible downside in reporting then and now. Then you would not have been believed or thought you asked for it somehow. That still is often true and today if you report you will likely be bombarded with posts and comments calling you slut, you run the risk of being doxxed and people finding out where you live and doing stuff.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 12:43 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Claiming victimhood to rape (at least for women) seems to be a new sort of papal infallability - and in this case, considering the utility of her testimony, it doesn't seem to be of any concern that her best friend says it never happened

When and where did her best friend claim "It never happened"?