What would you think about an Autistic Political Party?

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 3:21 am

My view is that the idea of a autism poltical party is an extension of the idea of trying to create a new country for autistic people.

I think it is doomed to fail, the problem is that if an autism party exists then why not a deaf, depressed, bipolar, blind, lame, diabetic, cancer, heart disease, hay fever and other health condition and other minority group parties. If we include differences which are not regarded as medical probelms like being gay we could end up with even more parties. In Sweden there is a feminist part (FI) which has some interesting ideas.

But I think that many of FI's hard left ideas would be well suited in a more conventional leftwing party. Also many green party would find a natural home in a left wing party.

The problem is that we would be moving away from poltical partys towards a world in which all MPs, congressmen call them what you will would be from very small parties. Maybe even each party would only have one person standing.

This would be very confusing to the public, I think that we are better off with groups of like minded people forming / joining political parties.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 11:20 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
If we did, we'd have to be prepared to lose every election, as we are a distinct minority with no hope of appealing to the majority.

In a Parliamentary system, we might be able to form a coalition with other parties.

Which we don't have in America.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 8:50 pm

I also think it's doomed to fail because we could all be forced into ghettos and than exterminated. That's what governments, anti-vaxxers and autism charities want to do to us. Look at images of the Warsaw Ghetto and watch documentaries on it and than you'll get an idea of what could happen.

Kanye West 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 9:08 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I also think it's doomed to fail because we could all be forced into ghettos and than exterminated. That's what governments, anti-vaxxers and autism charities want to do to us. Look at images of the Warsaw Ghetto and watch documentaries on it and than you'll get an idea of what could happen.

I don't think anybody would try to exterminate people with Autism. I mean the general public attitude towards autism is more pity than anything.

I could see these types of people trying anything to prevent it though. Like those anti-vaccine people. I think they are idiots but they really DO believe vaccinations cause autism and they want to do away with them because they believe they are helping prevent autism. I don't think these people hate their autistic children enough to want to kill them all. They may be mislead but they do mean well.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 9:43 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

I don't think anybody would try to exterminate people with Autism. I mean the general public attitude towards autism is more pity than anything.

I could see these types of people trying anything to prevent it though. Like those anti-vaccine people. I think they are idiots but they really DO believe vaccinations cause autism and they want to do away with them because they believe they are helping prevent autism. I don't think these people hate their autistic children enough to want to kill them all. They may be mislead but they do mean well.

Trust me, there are some really messed up people out there and I have personally ran into more people that want to kill us all off than can be counted on my hands. That is excluding harmful idiots like anti vaxxers and the parents that feed their autistic children bleach and think the blood in the urine is autism leaving.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 5:22 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
I want an actual Banana Republic. A country ruled by Banana People.

It has a peel.

But I am afraid that it would be slippery (even without a slope).

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 10:58 pm

Arganger wrote:
Trust me, there are some really messed up people out there and I have personally ran into more people that want to kill us all off than can be counted on my hands. That is excluding harmful idiots like anti vaxxers and the parents that feed their autistic children bleach and think the blood in the urine is autism leaving.

Yikes! Where, or in what kinds of places, have you been running into all these many people who want to exterminate us??? Have you been running into them in person or just online?

Is there a particular political ideology (e.g. neo-Nazism?) that they all tend to adhere to, or some other common trait we should watch out for?

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 12:11 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Arganger wrote:

Yikes! Where, or in what kinds of places, have you been running into all these many people who want to exterminate us??? Have you been running into them in person or just online?

Is there a particular political ideology (e.g. neo-Nazism?) that they all tend to adhere to, or some other common trait we should watch out for?

More online than in person, but I have definitely seen them in person as well more than I like to admit. All major political parties have these types, so as far as I can tell no leanings politically specifically, except they tend to follow an extremist side to it.

A lot of them, if they get on the subject will be pretty loud about it, and phrase it as if they are doing us a favor. If not phrased like a favor, it will be extremely derogatory in every facet and both are equally gross.

I suggest not actively looking for it, because finding it is kind of scary.

No clue why I keep running in to it. It's not like I stick around for it.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 8:39 pm

Arganger wrote:
More online than in person, but I have definitely seen them in person as well more than I like to admit. All major political parties have these types, so as far as I can tell no leanings politically specifically, except they tend to follow an extremist side to it.

A lot of them, if they get on the subject will be pretty loud about it, and phrase it as if they are doing us a favor. If not phrased like a favor, it will be extremely derogatory in every facet and both are equally gross.

Scary, yes. I wouldn't want to interact with these people either, but I do believe in knowing one's enemy. Do any of these people have websites or blogs, so I could read what they have to say without interacting with them? If so, I'd appreciate it very much if you could let me know the URL's of websites/blogs of such people with a variety of different ideologies. (Perhaps you could send me the URL's via private message so as to avoid giving them publicity?)

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 9:06 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Arganger wrote:

Scary, yes. I wouldn't want to interact with these people either, but I do believe in knowing one's enemy. Do any of these people have websites or blogs, so I could read what they have to say without interacting with them? If so, I'd appreciate it very much if you could let me know the URL's of websites/blogs of such people with a variety of different ideologies. (Perhaps you could send me the URL's via private message so as to avoid giving them publicity?)

I think I have ran into a few blogs, and maybe a few YouTube channels, but I do not remember their url's or anything, and I don't feel like looking for them. I'll tell you if I remember.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 3:12 pm

Via Google, I found the following, by autistic rights activists seeking to counter a wave of stuff on the web by people wanting to exterminate autistics:

- Do not allow a page called "exterminate all autistic and all intellectual disabilities" to post their page on Facebook.
- They want us to die: You wouldn't believe how many people hate those of us with autism
- Autistic People Should...

Apparently the autistic activists succeeded in making this stuff less visible on the web, so hopefully you won't be running into so much of it anymore.

Prudolph
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Nov 2018, 4:08 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
If we did, we'd have to be prepared to lose every election, as we are a distinct minority with no hope of appealing to the majority.

In a Parliamentary system, we might be able to form a coalition with other parties.

We have a parliamentary system in the UK. As it is first past the post, an autistic political party would still secure 0 MPs. Maybe with proportional representation then an autistic party could secure a very minute number of seats (if all eligible adults with autism in the UK voted, approx. 500,000, so maybe 4-5 MPs out of 650). Unless a party has come very close to crossing the threshold required for a majority, I doubt they would turn to the autistic party as a coalition partner. They would probably turn to a larger party (Green party for Labour, Lib Dems for Conservatives, most likely). It just seems pointless to have an autistic party. Maybe have a party that caters to ALL disabled people? It would have far more support and be more likely to win a decent number of seats in say countries like Germany, enough to possibly secure itself junior status in a coalition.

AQ-49 of 50
EQ-7 of 60
RDOS:
Neurodiverse (Aspie) score is 183 of 200.
Neurotypical (Non-autistic) score is 31 of 200

INTJ-T Personality type

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 5:04 pm

Prudolph wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

We have a parliamentary system in the UK. As it is first past the post, an autistic political party would still secure 0 MPs. Maybe with proportional representation then an autistic party could secure a very minute number of seats (if all eligible adults with autism in the UK voted, approx. 500,000, so maybe 4-5 MPs out of 650). Unless a party has come very close to crossing the threshold required for a majority, I doubt they would turn to the autistic party as a coalition partner. They would probably turn to a larger party (Green party for Labour, Lib Dems for Conservatives, most likely). It just seems pointless to have an autistic party. Maybe have a party that caters to ALL disabled people? It would have far more support and be more likely to win a decent number of seats in say countries like Germany, enough to possibly secure itself junior status in a coalition.

Yes. On the continent of Europe countries tend to have dozens of splinter parties. Almost like lobbies in the US. France has an "Automobilist" party (or did back in the Sixties) for the interest of car drivers. These splinter parties form adhoc coalitions with other splinter parties. And these coalitions can act like temporary large parties equivalent to the Dems and the GOP in the US. So on the European mainland a party for handicapped people might not be quite as inane as one in the US (or even in the UK). Though even then it would probably have to be that- a party for all handicapped folks, and not just for autistics.