Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 8:54 pm

Alright, I just wish I can be calm about this once and for all. I want to say how I'm so sad that I don't want World War III to happen but because of current stuff right now, people are very scared that it will. Why can't sh** happen when I'm in my 70s and want to die, why does Armageddon need to happen when I'm 26? I wish the un-empathetic Christians wouldn't treat me like crap and only want to talk about how great the "last days" are like pre-programmed robots. I just wish I can rant. I more wish I can rant in real life without everyone getting all pissed off. At least I have somewhat of a voice online. I hate that God gets to decide when Armageddon happens according to only his will.

I think God hates me and wants things to end when I'm young, I hate how he made me exist this way. I don't really know what I want to say. I hate it all. I even say sometimes I would've been more successful or had more of a chance of life if I existed as an adult anywhere until the turn of the century. There were stuff like the Cold War going on then, but at least we had more unity and political coherence back then. God only wants everyone to choose his way. Whether we have free will or not doesn't even matter. At least if you're Christian, we only have two choices in the end, Heaven or Hell.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 2:05 pm

Is it really the headline news that's getting you down?

Or is it the crowd you hang with, who apparently are all of the exact same apocalyptic religious stripe because they hammer all of this end of the world stuff into your head?

You might trying hanging with another crowd for some fresh air, even if its an equally religious crowd but a different congregation with a different take on theology.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 6:00 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

Or is it the crowd you hang with, who apparently are all of the exact same apocalyptic religious stripe because they hammer all of this end of the world stuff into your head?

You might trying hanging with another crowd for some fresh air, even if its an equally religious crowd but a different congregation with a different take on theology.

"End of the world" arguments don't always have to be based in religion. Also, think about all the sh** we are already seeing today. Not all of it involves religious stuff.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 6:03 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

"End of the world" arguments don't always have to be based in religion. Also, think about all the sh** we are already seeing today. Not all of it involves religious stuff.

The world has been seeing comparable shedloads of s**t every generation for the last 2000 years.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 10:27 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

The world has been seeing comparable shedloads of s**t every generation for the last 2000 years.

Not a lot of those horrible things even compare to something like possible nuclear war that can wipe out most of the world's population (even though that's not exactly a new or very recent thing).

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 10:32 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Not a lot of those horrible things even compare to something like possible nuclear war that can wipe out most of the world's population (even though that's not exactly a new or very recent thing).

The "threat" is the Norks lobbing a single A bomb at a city in the US or in one of our allied countries and killing the same number of people who died at Hiroshima, which is about the same number of people who die on America's highways ever two, or three, years. A far cray from what you're saying. The Bubonic Plague in the 13th century killed off one quarter of Europe in a fortnight.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 12:11 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

The "threat" is the Norks lobbing a single A bomb at a city in the US or in one of our allied countries and killing the same number of people who died at Hiroshima, which is about the same number of people who die on America's highways ever two, or three, years. A far cray from what you're saying. The Bubonic Plague in the 13th century killed off one quarter of Europe in a fortnight.

The nukes they have are more powerful then the a bomb we dropped on Japan.
It’d say wipe out New York City. What’s New York’s population? 8.53 million people dead in a flash. Seems like a lot. We respond by nuking North Korea, which being next to China upsets them so China responds by launching nukes, we launch more, Russia launches theirs as counter, Europe launches there’s as wee as we launch the rest at Russia, world over. So you see it only takes one nuke. No nation on this planet that has nukes is going be nuked and not respond with nukes, it’s standard policy. That’s why nukes work as a deterrent, it’s why more and more nations getting nukes is bad.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 8:42 pm

Well...then....

I guess any second now, Hollywood Guy is ....gonna be snuffed out like a Lucky!

And there aint Jack he can do about it! :lol:

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2018, 6:28 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Well...then....

Stop the sarcasm.

And it doesn't have to be North Korea. There are still other things popping up after another.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2018, 6:34 pm

There will ALWAYS be “things popping up.”

That’s the world, in a nutshell.

We have to be aware of the world—but we have to live our lives, too.

Trust me, the folks remaining in Aleppo, Syria find a way to live their lives.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2018, 7:07 am

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Well...then....

Stop the sarcasm.

Don't think of it as "sarcasm". Think of it as "immersion therapy". :D