Page 1 of 26 [ 405 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 12:51 pm

Here's a brief guide to the topic. Trigger warning, though. These guys have some revolting plans for the rest of us. http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2018/ ... ass-rapes/

Quote:
In an assortment of threads that popped up after the news media began to report on a supposed Facebook post from Minassian announcing that “the Incel Rebellion has … begun,” some of the Incels.me regulars are celebrating the killings and the alleged killer as “life fuel” for them and their nihilistic, misogynistic, misanthropic “movement.”
Many in the media and in politics are unwilling to label attacks driven by misogynistic ideology as terrorism — often declaring them to be simply the result of “mental illness,” as many did in the case of Elliot Rodger’s murders (ignoring his hundred page manifesto), and as the authorities are already doing in the Toronto attacks.

But misogyny is not mental illness; it’s hate. And what BlkPillPres is talking about here is essentially the dictionary definition of terrorism — “[t]he unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.” The tactics he suggests are an explicit attempt to subject “normies” to “constant fear” — that is, terror — in all areas of their lives, in order to advance BlkPillPres’ goal of “black pilling” the world and intimidating those who criticize incels into silence.

Following his link back to the older thread, one quickly discovers that it is even more disturbing. In it, BlkPillPres sets out what he sees as the virtues of various terroristic strategies, from acid attacks to mass rape to vehicle attacks like the one we saw yesterday.

The article has lots of direct quotes with links to the sources.

I wonder how we can deal with this threat. With racists, shunning seems pretty effective, but these folks thrive on feeling excluded. We even have some folks in this forum who constantly create problems by spewing their self-abnegation and hatred of women. Maybe this will wake people up to the actual threats they may indeed pose.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 1:48 pm

I have more of a question than an answer; do you think this will fuel the toxic misogyny that often is expressed here, or will this lead to a crackdown on those discussions?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 2:08 pm

^ I boot misogyny when it rears it's ugly head.

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is, when something like the Elliot Rodgers incident happens, the amount of men who's attitude is, "Meh, that's just because women are sssooo frustrating!"

Seeing as how the majority of mass shooters tend to be male, it makes me wonder what's up with certain modern men and boys who feel that disappointment and frustration are adequate reasons to enact violence against random people.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 2:13 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:

I've noticed and it's appreciated. The forum has improved in this regard compared to a few years back.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 25 Apr 2018, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 2:16 pm

Unfortunately, incidents like Isla Vista, Umpqua, and most mass shootings, aren't prosecuted as terrorist acts, because no radical political/religious ideology is involved.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 2:18 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Unfortunately, incidents like Isla Vista, Umpqua, and most mass shootings, aren't prosecuted as terrorist acts, because no radical political/religious ideology is involved.

I'd say when they have a manifesto like Isla Vista that's grounds to call it terrorism. If you want their ideology, it's actually in the manifesto.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 2:20 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

I'd say when they have a manifesto like Isla Vista that's grounds to call it terrorism. If you want their ideology, it's actually in the manifesto.

To most, terrorism is only radical Islam or alt-right.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 2:30 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

To most, terrorism is only radical Islam or alt-right.

To people who can't accurately define terrorism, perhaps. ;)

But further, these are merely a subcategory of the alt-right. They espouse the same views, it's just that these guys are so fixated on their romantic failings that other issues aren't significant priorities to them. Guys like this, when they've posted here have consistently espoused alt-right talking points on other issues. They might not be 100% identical, but they've stewed in the same broth long enough to taste the same.

Unrelated: I'm off to work.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 2:57 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Enough incidents like these and vigilantes will begin to “prosecute” everyone chronically single.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 3:11 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Seeing as how the majority of mass shooters tend to be male, it makes me wonder what's up with certain modern men and boys who feel that disappointment and frustration are adequate reasons to enact violence against random people.

Violence such as this is the manifestation of extreme emotionalism...
And it is an indication that rational thinking of the neocortex is over-ridden/dominated by the more primitive elements of the brain...

Murdering innocent people to satisfy the primitive inner reptilian beast defies reason, and so it should since that aspect of the brain is incapable of reason and is dependent on raw, irrational, emotional instinct...
It is primitive thinking at it's "finest"...<sic>

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 3:58 pm

I don't know about this guy, but I have read the Elliot Rodger manifesto, and it wasn't terrorism. He wasn't trying to enact change (though he did have some awful views about what he would do if he could shape the World into whatever he wanted.) It was purely for retribution.

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 6:22 pm

Most autistic men are incel. I think that only combined with a feeling of entitlement and actual hatred for humanity can it become a motive for crime.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 6:38 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is, when something like the Elliot Rodgers incident happens, the amount of men who's attitude is, "Meh, that's just because women are sssooo frustrating!"

Many (most?) mass shooters also commit domestic abuse.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 7:41 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Enough incidents like these and vigilantes will begin to “prosecute” everyone chronically single.

Vocal misogyny will more likely catch people's attention.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 4:47 am

The title on the independent is loaded:

Quote:
How long can the basement-dwelling dregs of the internet be ignored as sex-hungry nerds when between Rodger and and Minassian, 16 people have been killed?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/al ... 21711.html

The word 'Nerds' is what caught me, were Rodger and Minassian "nerds"? What did both study, something in science or IT?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 7:08 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The title on the independent is loaded:

Quote:
How long can the basement-dwelling dregs of the internet be ignored as sex-hungry nerds when between Rodger and and Minassian, 16 people have been killed?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/al ... 21711.html

The word 'Nerds' is what caught me, were Rodger and Minassian "nerds"? What did both study, something in science or IT?

I read it that the author believes that people make a mistake by dismissing them as nerds. I agree.

ETA: nerds or not seems irrelevant