Page 20 of 26 [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 7:51 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:

Fentanyl would have been a better solution to his problems as it would have only come to bear on him.

And yet he acted out his issues on others in a violent way, which apparently is becoming part of the incel ideology--that they have the right to act out violently, because society has been so hard on them by denying them the ability to get their dick wet. It's so disgustingly self-indulgent and entitled, and shows what is wrong with the mentality of men like this.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 8:10 pm

And yet he acted out his issues on others in a violent way, which apparently is becoming part of the incel ideology--that they have the right to act out violently, because society has been so hard on them by denying them the ability to get their dick wet. It's so disgustingly self-indulgent and entitled, and shows what is wrong with the mentality of men like this.

I think this is where we had our disagreement earlier though. Millions of people are holding on to their decency by their very fingertips. If life gets dismal enough they break, in some direction. The overwhelming number of people in such narrative spaces resort to some type of vice or find some other way. A small enough number to make the news cave to the urge to violence, and they do so largely goaded on by the same thing that's tormenting other people (incel or just suffering in other ways) - ie. being raised with the idea that they're precious, that they have inherent value, all to find out as adults - to their horrifying disillusionment, that the value of human life is akin to the value of insect life and that our agreements not to harm other people are largely due to our desire to prevent our own suffering. An insect we just smash without thought, a human being judged to have the value of an insect has a much longer and colder road of life ahead of them. Some people, like this guy, take the line of reasoning that if life is absolutely meaningless and that they're suffering - in a role that the world is going to wipe its arse with them for anyway and throw them in the grave when its through - why not do something truly random, something truly chaotic, if it breaks the constant drumming sensation of absolute life failure that they've been consigned an uneasy and unnegotiated submission to. Some people at the bottom of the article offered that he'll now be involuntarily incelibate when Bubba gets a hold of him - quite likely so, and I doubt he'll look back on what he did fondly.

I do tend to worry that this is a time where we'll really start seeing society's demons coming to the surface. Not sure how it will pan out but I think, in the end, we'll need to deeply reconsider how we relate to one another as a species and we'll realize that if we forfeit human dignity or only reserve it for 'the winners' we'll have a solid dystopia on our hands. People at the top can indeed laugh or brush the sweat off their foreheads and be grateful it's someone else and not them suffering the indignity of being a non-human human or a western untouchable, at least until they get laid off - permanently - and from there they can be homeless, or barely cling to subsistence, get treated like they'd never existed, and it'll be loads of fun as all their dreams, all their grand visions of who they are, crumble.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 10:34 pm

The new "twinkie defense."

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 9:57 am

What a twat. :?

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 10:00 am

XFilesGeek wrote:

What a twat. :?

Agreed.

Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 6:29 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

I think this is where we had our disagreement earlier though. Millions of people are holding on to their decency by their very fingertips. If life gets dismal enough they break, in some direction. The overwhelming number of people in such narrative spaces resort to some type of vice or find some other way. A small enough number to make the news cave to the urge to violence, and they do so largely goaded on by the same thing that's tormenting other people (incel or just suffering in other ways) - ie. being raised with the idea that they're precious, that they have inherent value, all to find out as adults - to their horrifying disillusionment, that the value of human life is akin to the value of insect life and that our agreements not to harm other people are largely due to our desire to prevent our own suffering. An insect we just smash without thought, a human being judged to have the value of an insect has a much longer and colder road of life ahead of them. Some people, like this guy, take the line of reasoning that if life is absolutely meaningless and that they're suffering - in a role that the world is going to wipe its arse with them for anyway and throw them in the grave when its through - why not do something truly random, something truly chaotic, if it breaks the constant drumming sensation of absolute life failure that they've been consigned an uneasy and unnegotiated submission to. Some people at the bottom of the article offered that he'll now be involuntarily incelibate when Bubba gets a hold of him - quite likely so, and I doubt he'll look back on what he did fondly.

I do tend to worry that this is a time where we'll really start seeing society's demons coming to the surface. Not sure how it will pan out but I think, in the end, we'll need to deeply reconsider how we relate to one another as a species and we'll realize that if we forfeit human dignity or only reserve it for 'the winners' we'll have a solid dystopia on our hands. People at the top can indeed laugh or brush the sweat off their foreheads and be grateful it's someone else and not them suffering the indignity of being a non-human human or a western untouchable, at least until they get laid off - permanently - and from there they can be homeless, or barely cling to subsistence, get treated like they'd never existed, and it'll be loads of fun as all their dreams, all their grand visions of who they are, crumble.

It doesn't sound like he was suffering all that much, that's the thing though with these guys: they don't understand hardship, they just think being a virgin is akin to being a social pariah, and that women are bullying them by not having sex with them, and that gives them a legitimate excuse to lash out and be violent murderous as*holes, in "retribution" for all the harm women have done them by rejecting them sexually and thereby "bullying" them mercilessly. Maybe women have been rejecting this guy because he's a violent jerk who brings nunchucks to work and kicks drunk guys to death when he's had a rough day? Maybe no one was mean to him, just afraid of him because he sounds like a whackjob--and he interpreted that his whole life as being "bullied", like many of these crazy incels do. They talk about it on their forums all the time, how unfair it is that the world judges and rejects them for their crazy antisocial behaviour.

But of course you would go to the trouble of empathising with him and not the man he kicked to death, who sounds like HE understood what hardship was. :roll:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 9:16 pm

But of course you would go to the trouble of empathising with him and not the man he kicked to death, who sounds like HE understood what hardship was. :roll:

I think the most useful way to cut through that in my mind is point out something that I find obvious that you may or may not agree with at all. Social Justice TM, as far as I can see, is a deeply Christian protestant/puritan sort of construction that uses good and evil, saints in white robes and devils in black, in very old-fashion ways and it has a way of making the rooms it's expressed in drip with the kind of parochialism that I haven't seen in such strength since the 1980's when the Christian-right ran the country. It sacrifices truth for ease of use and does so along very old, comfortable, and familiar instinctual lines. You're either a victim or you're an oppressor, you either have full empathy for the victim and non for the oppressor, which is one's profession of faith in Jesus's death and resurrection, or you're a satanist and you worship some kind of awful black chaos that no one knows the slightest thing about or wants to know. They're protected by the white light of God anyway so all that's complex, arcane, or mysterious they don't need to know the slightest thing about, they'd leave all of that in God's hands, and thus let those on the outside of salvation worry about how it all works.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 12:04 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

I think the most useful way to cut through that in my mind is point out something that I find obvious that you may or may not agree with at all. Social Justice TM, as far as I can see, is a deeply Christian protestant/puritan sort of construction that uses good and evil, saints in white robes and devils in black, in very old-fashion ways and it has a way of making the rooms it's expressed in drip with the kind of parochialism that I haven't seen in such strength since the 1980's when the Christian-right ran the country. It sacrifices truth for ease of use and does so along very old, comfortable, and familiar instinctual lines. You're either a victim or you're an oppressor, you either have full empathy for the victim and non for the oppressor, which is one's profession of faith in Jesus's death and resurrection, or you're a satanist and you worship some kind of awful black chaos that no one knows the slightest thing about or wants to know. They're protected by the white light of God anyway so all that's complex, arcane, or mysterious they don't need to know the slightest thing about, they'd leave all of that in God's hands, and thus let those on the outside of salvation worry about how it all works.

I'm not christian, so I'm not sure why you brought this up. I think this is just further evidence of you being intentionally vague and obscure to avoid actually communicating, which is why I think it's better if you not respond to my posts anymore. There is no having a conversation with you, you just spew words at people indiscriminately. It's like trying to talk to someone who's had a stroke and damaged the language centre in their brain so they just keep saying random unrelated words and think they are making sense. I just can't begin to parse what the hell was the point of all the words you just typed, though I'm sure you think you have a point.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 12:10 am

I'm not christian, so I'm not sure why you brought this up. I think this is just further evidence of you being intentionally vague and obscure to avoid actually communicating, which is why I think it's better if you not respond to my posts anymore. There is no having a conversation with you, you just spew words at people indiscriminately. It's like trying to talk to someone who's had a stroke and damaged the language centre in their brain so they just keep saying random unrelated words and think they are making sense. I just can't begin to parse what the hell was the point of all the words you just typed, though I'm sure you think you have a point.

I'll take it that the understanding of me your offering here is the best your mind can muster.

My point was that you're acting out a puritan Christian motif, almost flawlessly, and you don't see it.

Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 12:32 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

I'll take it that the understanding of me your offering here is the best your mind can muster.

My point was that you're acting out a puritan Christian motif, almost flawlessly, and you don't see it.

Yeah I guess I'm just too dumb to understand your super smart wording or whatever. Please just leave me alone. I don't know how many ways to tell you that I find your style of "conversation" insufferable so you can get the hint and stop talking to me. Do I need to state it more directly? PLEASE STOP typing at me and calling that conversation and just leave me alone. LEAVE ME ALONE.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 12:36 am

If I was a bit rude you did provoke it by telling me that I must have no sympathy for the victim. Small suggestion - you won't make a lot of friends doing things like that.

Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 12:38 am

It's such a f*****g mystery why these guys get rejected, why people perceive them to be hateful and creepy. :roll:

If only we could solve the mystery they wouldn't have reason to be so violent and hateful. If only.

To bad we can never understand why they are so mistreated by the world that they are forced to hate women and go on shooting sprees against their will.

Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 12:39 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
If I was a bit rude you did provoke it by telling me that I must have no sympathy for the victim. Small suggestion - you won't make a lot of friends doing things like that.

Did I provoke your ire, like the sleeping drunk man provoked this incel into kicking him to death because the mean women won't have sex with him?

Yeah, I see where your sympathy resides.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 12:40 am

To bad we can never understand why they are so mistreated by the world that they are forced to hate women and go on shooting sprees against their will.

This is why I have a really tough time not responding.

You really don't believe that bad enough things happen to people to turn them inside out. Has to be really nice being so sheltered.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 12:41 am

Yeah, I see where your sympathy resides.

With people who have some small iota of self reflection - unlike you.

Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 12:46 am

For anyone following along: the guy in the article didn't just kick the drunk man to death for no reason other than just he was there and the incel was mad at the world, the incel also robbed him (the drunk homeless man, who he kicked to death.)

That's who's worthy of our consideration here, the poor mistreated incel who not only killed a defenseless sleeping drunk but also stole from him when he did it. The lowest of the f*****g low, that's who deserves our empathy and understanding, not the man who was killed.

So yeah, let's pour out all our sympathy for the guy who robbed a drunk homeless man and then kicked him to death because he can't get his leg over.