Page 25 of 26 [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 6:57 pm

But it only worked because the proxy gladly accepted his rôle.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 7:24 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I just saying that the statistics can be distorted when some women are committing acts of violence via proxy. That girl wanted to inflict bodily harm against me yet she'll never show up in the stats on violent acts committed by women. She didn't do it herself because she didn't need to.

In the literal though she didn't break out brass knuckles or a baton and start beating you though - she had a guy beat you up for her. You're right in that she masterminded you getting beat up also true that it's not technically female violence since she didn't do it herself.

It does underscore the point thought that the degree to which women move to harm others or move to harm men it's through character assassination (what they do to girls they don't like), legal manipulation, or other men on men sorts of means.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 1:18 pm

I posted this in another thread but they also do talk about intra-gender dynamics as it relates to agression, suicide, etc. among the sexes and it seems like a lot of what Jonathan's saying agrees with what we've been saying about male and female aggression toward their own not differing in quantity but in kind:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 4:23 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
She told her boyfriend to beat me up and he did but that wouldn't show
up in the statistics of violent acts committed by women because she
personally never committed a single violent act against me.

Of course not: it’ll rightly show up in the statistics of what men will do to impress a woman

I don't believe anyone is keeping statistics on violent acts done by men to impress women. I would suggest that it would instead show up in the statistics of violent acts committed by men, motives not being considered.

If women are as violent as men, why can't men convince women to commit acts of violence?

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 4:43 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Of course not: it’ll rightly show up in the statistics of what men will do to impress a woman

I don't believe anyone is keeping statistics on violent acts done by men to impress women. I would suggest that it would instead show up in the statistics of violent acts committed by men, motives not being considered.

If women are as violent as men, why can't men convince women to commit acts of violence?

They can.

However I don't believe women are violent as men.

I think that the statistics are misleading for a number of reasons and that many acts of violence committed by both sexes go unreported. It is impossible to quantify unreported crimes yet even if some omniscient being could, I still don't think it would reveal that women are as violent.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2018, 2:33 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

They can, couple violence has been reported before. Men are more likely to deal with it themselves though. So, women convince men to perform violent acts and men don't need to convince anybody because they already seem to have the faculties, readiness and drive to do so themselves.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 3:17 pm

Mythos wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

They can, couple violence has been reported before. Men are more likely to deal with it themselves though. So, women convince men to perform violent acts and men don't need to convince anybody because they already seem to have the faculties, readiness and drive to do so themselves.

Not to the same degree that women can convince men to commit acts of violence, apparently.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2018, 9:26 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Mythos wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Not to the same degree that women can convince men to commit acts of violence, apparently.
If I had hard numbers, I'd tell you.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 5:13 am

Mythos wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Mythos wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
If I had hard numbers, I'd tell you.
Numbers on crime are a tricky thing because criminals always want to keep it a secret.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 2:59 pm

This conversation might set people's hair on fire, maybe that's a good thing. They're talking about a documentary film that Jan (Jan-Willem Breure) made after some of his female interns had some at-length conversations with him about feminine sexuality where what he was hearing from them ran contra to what he'd heard so far and being the kind of curious guy who runs a film company he decided to delve into it.

One of the main recurring themes that he and Karen seem to be discussing is the move toward, if not in legal title, a sort of unofficially polygamous society in that on paper it's not acceptible in the eyes of the law but that the public apparatus for relationships is sharply pitched now in a Pareto direction. They talk about the sharp differences in how both genders set their bar on attractiveness, how much socioeconomic status comes in to play, and I think Jan has two deep concerns about the future a) men and women drifting apart, becoming even angrier with each other and b) the kind of violence that we've known polygamous cultures to generate getting repeated in the west.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 3:57 pm

Ah, so it's women's sexuality that is to blame. Of course. Next we'll be hearing about the evils of hypergamous women and casual sex and how the women's sexual revolution is actually what destroyed the western world. f*****g stupid incel ideology.

Karen Straughan is an MRA that no one but the worst anti-feminists and women-haters takes seriously. She likes to be an activist for men by calling other women c***s. She was featured on the new Buzzfeed documentary program on Netflix recently (I believe the program is called "Follow This"), calling the female journalist who tried to interview her about men's rights issues a c**t on camera.

Call me not at all surprised that someone would post something by her in a thread about incel terrorism, like she is at all relevant to the discussion or to anythign else other than hating women. You keep pushing to make this thread about women, guys. It's transparent and pathetic and just what incels would do on one of their forums, with the exception of the death and rape threats against women because those are actually against the rules here.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 4:45 pm

I'm starting to think the problem is less women and more just shrill people who can make the corporate world, public space, and social media dance to their weaponized character flaws and castrate the power of responsible adulthood. With responsible adulthood out the way and no longer a problem the force of what our genes tell us to do can maybe run us full speed back into the jungle. No one has any right to demand something from another person's body, no sane person should deny that. They can't deny that people who get dehumanized by that process just get treated as non-human in general, without ever having to or wanting to impose themselves on anyone. Just that little, tiny, bit of self-reflection and knowing just how heartless nature is to people in various ways could otherwise help us guide civil discourse better - if a more equitable world is what people even want.

OTOH if the worst of the worst anti-feminists and woman-haters are on good speaking terms with evolutionary biologists and having cordial interviews with them where real woman-lovers aren't, I think that speaks volumes on where were at and what passes for truth, or hate for that matter, these days. Science has drifted too far from the genome, as has our formulations of objective truth, it's gotten overbearing, so we could very well be gearing up for a good proper dark age where we let religion, barbarism, mob rule, and feelings rule everything.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 6:19 pm

JP has become less of an evolutionary biologist than a public figure for his opinions. Also, he rubs lots of people the wrong way. /metaphor

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 6:29 pm

Damn those shrill harpies. :lol:

Incels keep trying to push women's buttons and saying sexist things, and they keep getting sexually rejected by women for it. Poor incels just can't catch a break! The world is so cruel to sexist men, it's like totally unfair, man! :lol:

If only women would stop being so shrill, men wouldn't have to keep going on shooting sprees. When will we emotional and stupid ladies ever learn to stop pushing men to such violence for the sake of our hypergamous slu*ty natures? If I weren't so mentally limited by my lady-brain I might be able to figure out a solution to the problem of women driving men to violence. Damn you, lady-brain! :lol:

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2018, 10:11 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Ah, so it's women's sexuality that is to blame. Of course. Next we'll be hearing about the evils of hypergamous women and casual sex and how the women's sexual revolution is actually what destroyed the western world. f*****g stupid incel ideology.

Karen Straughan is an MRA that no one but the worst anti-feminists and women-haters takes seriously. She likes to be an activist for men by calling other women c****. She was featured on the new Buzzfeed documentary program on Netflix recently (I believe the program is called "Follow This"), calling the female journalist who tried to interview her about men's rights issues a c**t on camera.

She's definitely a weird character, she's not somebody I really care about. I've seen a lot of her comments on YT videos, and antifems praise her like she's a saint or something.

Call me not at all surprised that someone would post something by her in a thread about incel terrorism, like she is at all relevant to the discussion or to anythign else other than hating women. You keep pushing to make this thread about women, guys. It's transparent and pathetic and just what incels would do on one of their forums, with the exception of the death and rape threats against women because those are actually against the rules here.

I don't know when the topic of gender was raised, but when I noticed it seemed to be to lay the blame on all men. It became inverted following whatever transpired and is now a discussion of gender in general.

Personally, I find gender in this case to be irrelevant, but you yourself are not helping things if you act like all that has occurred so far has been to blame women. It started as essentially gendering mass murder as a male problem, at least from where I jumped in here.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 8:12 am

I think I'm at least learning one thing about some kinds of people - there's an obsession with personality and facts can't stand on their own, maybe because critical thinking is thought to be impossible? There also seems to be a thought by some people that all of reality might be here specifically here for their coddling and if ever they hear a suggested fact that they don't like its truth or falsity is proven by their emotional reaction - research being wholly irrelevant.

This is also the first time in my life that anyone has ever called me an incel, now several times. I've never thought of myself as one, can't relate to the label because it doesn't reflect my life priorities. This seems to be coming from someone with such narrow capacity for empathy that they'd project on others that if they can understand x they must be x themselves. This is also someone who can apparently read what I write just fine when they have a slam dunk cheapshot lined up but if its a good point or one they can't do that with it becomes unreadable, I've met religious cult leaders who played these kinds of games with language barriers. Its cunning manipulation pure and simple.