Page 20 of 26 [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 2:02 pm

sly279 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
My husband was single and still a virgin when we met. I would only define someone as an incel if they were a misogynist and blamed women. Being single and never being laid doesn't always make you an incel IMO.

My husband was taken advantage by two women because they took him out just to get to another man and guess what, he didn't go hating women, he only thought those two ladies were just jerks.

Incel is abbreviation for involuntarily celibate.
That’s what it is.
So if he wasn’t celibate by choice he was an incel. It’s really simple.
You are are arguing that USA doesn’t mean United States of America basically.
Or that OR isn’t Oregon.
INvoluntarily CELibate
That’s it , it’s use shorter so you don’t have to say involuntarily celibate.

You’re trying to allow a small violent group to redefine a word and that’s stupid as letting terrorist redefine Muslim

When a word gets stigmatized, you are going to separate yourself from it to avoid judgment.

Every incels on incel forums are misogynists and bitter and talk about killing them all and blame their singleness on women. That is all I see on the forums. So define yourself as an incel, people are going to judge you and think you are that guy.

Heck some people won't call themselves a pedophile because they will never offend nor act on it despite their sexual attraction to them. To them pedophilia is someone who offends and finds it all okay and think it's something to be accepted.

So don't use labels on yourself that have a bad stigma to them.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 3:33 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
No one with an organization-level platform advocates -- or even seriously debates -- cutting up men.

Right, no one...except affluent authors, university professors, presidents for NOW (admittedly the one at the time, not the current one as far as I know) plus some alarmingly influential politicians in mainstream political parties here in Sweden. But yeah. No one important.

I want to see you honestly say you are afraid for your life from feminists, that you genuinely worry they will murder some dudes publicly and your safety might be threatened, and show some evidence of feminists organizing and encouraging each other to commit violence against men on the scale like incels have done, then I might take your argument seriously.

Until then, you have offered no evidence to support your assertion that feminist "terrorists" exist and deserve equal consideration to incel terrorists and your argument is not at all persuasive that they are on the same level as the incel terrorism being discussed in this thread.

You guys' derailing tactics are pretty underwhelming. Sad!

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 3:53 pm

Double post.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 3:57 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Both claims I did not make. You said there haven't been a single instance of a feminist spree shooter. I asked how many it takes to count as a spree, and implied that three targets should be enough,in which case Solanas' very famous case would disprove your assertion. And now you are flailing about with things I did not say.

I asked for examples of feminist spree shooters, I said they are not comparable to incels as a potential terrorist threat. Now you are saying I made claims I didn't. You seem to have found one example of a feminist shooter from 1968. That does not a current cultural pattern make, nor does that convince me that feminists are a potential terrorist threat comparable to incels, one of which literally murdered actual women near where I live less than 3 months ago.

Where are the posts canonizing her on feminist forums that are as easy to find as posts on incel forums canonizing Elliot Rodger?

Not to mention, it's also not just strictly "incel" spree killers. The last school shooting was inspired partly because he was mad at the girl who rejected him (she was his first victim).

Men in general are much more likely to take out their frustrations via violence towards others, so, in light of that fact, yes, male incels are a much bigger threat than feminists.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 7:21 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Both claims I did not make. You said there haven't been a single instance of a feminist spree shooter. I asked how many it takes to count as a spree, and implied that three targets should be enough,in which case Solanas' very famous case would disprove your assertion. And now you are flailing about with things I did not say.

I asked for examples of feminist spree shooters, I said they are not comparable to incels as a potential terrorist threat. Now you are saying I made claims I didn't. You seem to have found one example of a feminist shooter from 1968. That does not a current cultural pattern make, nor does that convince me that feminists are a potential terrorist threat comparable to incels, one of which literally murdered actual women near where I live less than 3 months ago.

Where are the posts canonizing her on feminist forums that are as easy to find as posts on incel forums canonizing Elliot Rodger?

Not to mention, it's also not just strictly "incel" spree killers. The last school shooting was inspired partly because he was mad at the girl who rejected him (she was his first victim).

Men in general are much more likely to take out their frustrations via violence towards others, so, in light of that fact, yes, male incels are a much bigger threat than feminists.

No, don't even go there. Just don't. Men are generally more likely to take out frustration by violence than women, so should we perhaps be more suspicious of men or even lock them all up?

Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 7:59 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

No, don't even go there. Just don't. Men are generally more likely to take out frustration by violence than women, so should we perhaps be more suspicious of men or even lock them all up?

You are the only one making the argument we lock anyone up for being "suspiciously male". That's called a straw man. If the suggestion that men in general are more dangerous than women (which all evidence supports) makes you this hysterical, you might not be fit for debate and might want to leave this discussion to the rational adults.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 8:03 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

It's a thing. Or a place to go. I mean, we can observe a huge correlation between domestic violence and mass shootings. Half of the time, a mass shooter kills "his woman" first. We have plenty of examples of male mass murderers to study. By contrast, we don't have enough women to realistically draw any inferences.

Does that make stalkers uncomfortable?

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 9:43 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

It's a thing. Or a place to go. I mean, we can observe a huge correlation between domestic violence and mass shootings. Half of the time, a mass shooter kills "his woman" first. We have plenty of examples of male mass murderers to study. By contrast, we don't have enough women to realistically draw any inferences.

Does that make stalkers uncomfortable?

No, what makes me uncomfortable about her saying it is the same as the media portraying aspergers as a condition in mass shooters or other kinds of heinous criminals.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 7:03 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
No one with an organization-level platform advocates -- or even seriously debates -- cutting up men.

Right, no one...except affluent authors, university professors, presidents for NOW (admittedly the one at the time, not the current one as far as I know) plus some alarmingly influential politicians in mainstream political parties here in Sweden. But yeah. No one important.

If they were serious about cutting up men than Jonathan Swift was serious about eating babies.

Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 7:24 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 7:37 pm

Fentanyl would have been a better solution to his problems as it would have only come to bear on him.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 7:51 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

Fentanyl would have been a better solution to his problems as it would have only come to bear on him.

And yet he acted out his issues on others in a violent way, which apparently is becoming part of the incel ideology--that they have the right to act out violently, because society has been so hard on them by denying them the ability to get their dick wet. It's so disgustingly self-indulgent and entitled, and shows what is wrong with the mentality of men like this.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 8:10 pm

And yet he acted out his issues on others in a violent way, which apparently is becoming part of the incel ideology--that they have the right to act out violently, because society has been so hard on them by denying them the ability to get their dick wet. It's so disgustingly self-indulgent and entitled, and shows what is wrong with the mentality of men like this.

I think this is where we had our disagreement earlier though. Millions of people are holding on to their decency by their very fingertips. If life gets dismal enough they break, in some direction. The overwhelming number of people in such narrative spaces resort to some type of vice or find some other way. A small enough number to make the news cave to the urge to violence, and they do so largely goaded on by the same thing that's tormenting other people (incel or just suffering in other ways) - ie. being raised with the idea that they're precious, that they have inherent value, all to find out as adults - to their horrifying disillusionment, that the value of human life is akin to the value of insect life and that our agreements not to harm other people are largely due to our desire to prevent our own suffering. An insect we just smash without thought, a human being judged to have the value of an insect has a much longer and colder road of life ahead of them. Some people, like this guy, take the line of reasoning that if life is absolutely meaningless and that they're suffering - in a role that the world is going to wipe its arse with them for anyway and throw them in the grave when its through - why not do something truly random, something truly chaotic, if it breaks the constant drumming sensation of absolute life failure that they've been consigned an uneasy and unnegotiated submission to. Some people at the bottom of the article offered that he'll now be involuntarily incelibate when Bubba gets a hold of him - quite likely so, and I doubt he'll look back on what he did fondly.

I do tend to worry that this is a time where we'll really start seeing society's demons coming to the surface. Not sure how it will pan out but I think, in the end, we'll need to deeply reconsider how we relate to one another as a species and we'll realize that if we forfeit human dignity or only reserve it for 'the winners' we'll have a solid dystopia on our hands. People at the top can indeed laugh or brush the sweat off their foreheads and be grateful it's someone else and not them suffering the indignity of being a non-human human or a western untouchable, at least until they get laid off - permanently - and from there they can be homeless, or barely cling to subsistence, get treated like they'd never existed, and it'll be loads of fun as all their dreams, all their grand visions of who they are, crumble.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 10:34 pm

The new "twinkie defense."

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 9:57 am

What a twat. :?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 10:00 am

XFilesGeek wrote:

What a twat. :?

Agreed.