Boy scouts accepting girls. No safe place for boys.

Page 1 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 6:10 pm

Why is it girls get a “safe space” said by Girl Scouts, but boys don’t? How’s it sexist to have a boys only organization but not to have a girls only organization?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 6:17 pm

sly279 wrote:
Why is it girls get a “safe space” said by Girl Scouts, but boys don’t? How’s it sexist to have a boys only organization but not to have a girls only organization?

Maybe men don't need a safe space because we are stronger than women. 8)

This is now a man pride thread.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 6:27 pm

That’s what you get with identity politics: casually destroying the hard-won advances towards equality and integration made in past decades.

Better keep your identity small.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 6:35 pm

From my understanding, girl scouts don't offer things like camping or survival skills, hence, girls wanting to join the boy scouts.

Personally, I'd just make the girl scouts suck less.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 6:40 pm

Okay, now I totally lost it. I just wish women as a society can walk in men's shoes for once. It's also that any talk about discrimination at men, now matter how small, is labeled misogyny. I don't understand, when a Jew or anyone else speaks out about something, it isn't as controversial. Men's activism isn't the same as white supremacy for God's sake.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 8:22 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
From my understanding, girl scouts don't offer things like camping or survival skills, hence, girls wanting to join the boy scouts.

Personally, I'd just make the girl scouts suck less.

According to Girl Scouts they offer programs geared towards educating women for stem and stuff. Programs better suited for girls.

I’ve hesrd they have basically the same badges so Girl Scouts must go camping and such. Boys deserve a safe place too. As Girl Scouts said about girls, boys also won’t feel safe opening up around girls.

Their website shows they do do camping and survival stuff.
I never went camping with Boy Scouts. We just did stuff around town and crafts.
I did go camping with royal rangers which was a religious scout group that’s now gone.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 8:24 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Okay, now I totally lost it. I just wish women as a society can walk in men's shoes for once. It's also that any talk about discrimination at men, now matter how small, is labeled misogyny. I don't understand, when a Jew or anyone else speaks out about something, it isn't as controversial. Men's activism isn't the same as white supremacy for God's sake.

Cause to feminism and far left any talk about male issues means hurting women.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 9:08 pm

Seems like the overall idea is to eventually remove standard male female gender assignment and for everything to be multi-gender.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 9:22 pm

EzraS wrote:
Seems like the overall idea is to eventually remove standard male female gender assignment and for everything to be multi-gender.

Even if this officially occurred, mono-gender organisations would continue to form organically.

That's how things have always been.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 9:28 pm

I was a Girl Scout and it was lame.We only went camping once and not even in real tents,it was a building.We had one pitiful lesson in building a fire and the troop leader was lousy at it.
Maybe it’s different now,but then the Boy Scouts had more fun, better camping and stuff like float trips.Girl scouts sold cookies.
Boring.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 9:34 pm

I am so sorry to hear how much being a male sucks I guess women deserve it when they are raped and murdered by men because women are evil and it's all their fault when men can't get them to sleep with them incel terrorism is right women are demons women deserve violence MEN ARE THE DOMINATE SEX AND I HATE MY LIFE!!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 9:38 pm

Misslizard wrote:
the Boy Scouts had more fun, better camping and stuff like float trips. Girl scouts sold cookies.

You've actually discovered the underlying conspiracy here, the one that the media is covering up. This has nothing to do with gender wars, politics, or SJWism. It's in fact a secret move by the BSA leadership to take over the multi-billion dollar global cookie industry. Everything else is a smoke screen. Wake up, sheeple!!

There Are Four Lights!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 9:49 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I am so sorry to hear how much being a male sucks I guess women deserve it when they are raped and murdered by men because women are evil and it's all their fault when men can't get them to sleep with them incel terrorism is right women are demons women deserve violence MEN ARE THE DOMINATE SEX AND I HATE MY LIFE!!

See? This is precisely why these sorts of issues are largely ignored.

When did anyone in this thread claim that women deserve to be raped and murdered? I don't think that people of either sex deserve to be raped or murdered.

When did any of us say that all women are evil? There are a lot of women who agree with OP.

How did incel terrorism come into this? That's like claiming that every feminist wants to kill men.

*sigh* Why do I even bother?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 11:59 pm

The only people who should be pissed off about this are the Girl Scouts.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 9:32 am

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
I just wish women as a society can walk in men's shoes for once

Yeah it's definitely men that have had it tough through human history. I mean, when are us men gonna catch a break, right!?

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 9:41 am

Boy Scouts “safe place for boys”? Guess you haven’t heard how many boys are molested by scout leaders... :( No place is “safe”.