Page 4 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 5:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
Gallia wrote:
most feminists would recognise that men's issues matter - unless they are not feminists.
Mmmmmmmm ... no.

"Equalists" would recognize that ALL people's issues matter. Feminists seem to only be interested in women's issues, even when they give lip-service to men's issues (see any post in this thread that features the term "Toxic Masculinity").

Feminism is just the belief that women should have equal rights. I do realize that this has taken on a negative connotation due to extremists.

Anyway, I do care about men’s issues. My experiences make me more qualified and experienced at dealing with women’s issues although I’m particularly interested in the effects of abuse on men. I understand their apparent embarrassment at reporting abuse since victim blaming runs rampant in fundamentalist groups.

Maybe we as people tend to gravitate towards things we’ve experienced as men or women and this can, at times, leave the other gender unfairly out. I think having a multigendered approach to some of these issues could be a vast improvement to the current state of affairs.

It would certainly help in areas like consent and domestic violence.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 5:34 pm

I believe in the "what's fair is fair" doctrine.

I believe women should receive the same pay as men for services rendered.

I believe women should have the same legal rights as men.

I believe women shouldn't have to deal with "not taking no for an answer."

I believe there are certain things that women should not have to discuss with men. There are certain things which are "private." Sometimes, men just want to hang out with men, too.

However, I do believe that sex and gender differences enliven life, and that the de-emphasize upon gender and sex makes life sort of boring. I'm just not turned on by androgynous people sexually.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 6:21 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe in the "what's fair is fair" doctrine.

I believe women should receive the same pay as men for services rendered.

I believe women should have the same legal rights as men.

I believe women shouldn't have to deal with "not taking no for an answer."

I believe there are certain things that women should not have to discuss with men. There are certain things which are "private." Sometimes, men just want to hang out with men, too.

However, I do believe that sex and gender differences enliven life, and that the de-emphasize upon gender and sex makes life sort of boring. I'm just not turned on by androgynous people sexually.

None of which has anything to do with the subject of this thread, Kortie.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 6:40 pm

Will you stop, please?

What do you mean it has "nothing to do with the subject of this thread?"

Something tells me there's some sort of agenda here......

But there really shouldn't be one. You're a smart guy. You're an engineer. I acknowledge that. You're a top dog.

Now.....please cool it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 8:04 pm

Anyway.....I was talking about gender politics.

Isn't this what the thread is about?

There are men's issues. Of course, men sometimes get the short end of the stick when it comes to child custody. There are women's issues as well. Like Twilight stated, men and women both should have a dialogue.

As for me, I have "people" issues. I don't really feel I have "men's" or "women's" issues too often.

Except when a woman expects me to know what's on her mind at all times, and to react accordingly.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 8:25 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Anyway.....I was talking about gender politics.

Isn't this what the thread is about?

There are men's issues. Of course, men sometimes get the short end of the stick when it comes to child custody. There are women's issues as well. Like Twilight stated, men and women both should have a dialogue.

As for me, I have "people" issues. I don't really feel I have "men's" or "women's" issues too often.

Except when a woman expects me to know what's on her mind at all times, and to react accordingly.

I’m interested in men’s mental health. Guys are frequently expected to “suck it up.” What sort of toll does that take on a man’s mental health, especially when he’s dealing with mental illness?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 8:32 pm

I guess it can take a toll....but I also believe, sometimes, that people can't give in to all the adverse things that come their way. I don't feel a person is "weak" because they give in; I just feel it causes more problems if a person gives in.

I have known that a vicious cycle was coming if I didn't deal with a situation properly. The way to deal with it was to try to find a solution to it, rather than give in to it.

I could have caved in plenty of times in my life. I am fortunate that I found a way out of certain situations.

It's true that a solution isn't always forthcoming----but, I also believe one should strive for one, because through this work, the solution might come---even if it's years from now.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 4:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
But there really shouldn't be one. You're a smart guy. You're an engineer. I acknowledge that. You're a top dog.

Since you say he is so smart, perhaps you should consider the fact that he may be right and what you say has nothing to do with the thread.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 6:05 am

I just don’t agree with that assessment.......

I like to have fun here. I don’t like my fun to be limited.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 6:36 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I just don’t agree with that assessment.......

I like to have fun here. I don’t like my fun to be limited.

If you don't agree please explain why you think it's not off-topic to come to a thread about men's issues to talk about how much you care about women's rights.

I'm sure the ladies are all impressed by your chivalrous concern, Kraftie, but perhaps it'd be better to do it in some more dedicated thread.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 6:58 am

I’m just giving my take on the matter....I believe in the “what’s fair is fair” doctrine—for all genders.

Any woman here will attest that I am not a “white knight.”

I calls them as I sees them.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 7:24 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m just giving my take on the matter....I believe in the “what’s fair is fair” doctrine—for all genders.

Any woman here will attest that I am not a “white knight.”

I calls them as I sees them.

"What's fair is fair" is a legitimate take on the subject, but for some reason (I wonder why) after you say that the rest or your post seemed more oriented about women, which is not the topic of this thread. Fnord is right.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 7:31 am

Women are awesome btw

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 7:50 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Women are awesome btw

Agreed.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 8:01 am

I am sure behaving like this in a thread about men's issues will give you extra feminism points and make the ladies impressed, guys.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 8:26 am

Peacesells wrote:
I am sure behaving like this in a thread about men's issues will give you extra feminism points and make the ladies impressed, guys.
That loud crashing sound you hear is the wannabe White Knights of this community derailing this thread in their desperate attempts to suck up to feminists in the hope of getting girlfriends.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.