What's the political climate like in the UK right now?

Page 32 of 41 [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 41  Next

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 3:50 am

Brecon by-election today

Conservatives won it by quite a bit at the last election, but this by-election is happening due to the MP being convicted of false expense claims.

PC & Greens have agreed to not stand and are encouraging their usual voters to vote LibDem if they are against Brexit.

New PM 'bounce' to help the Tories, or a convicted MP and an anti brexit alliance between 3 parties to hinder them? Would be quite a statement if the LibDem's did manage to take this seat from the Tories.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 1:54 am

Lib Dems take Brecon 8O

This leaves the Tory working majority at just 1

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 1:59 am

Labour 4th behind Brexit party! Good grief!
Tories decided to re-field the same guy, the one who had been convicted of expenses fraud... is that some arrogance or what?
I may move to Scotland once they've gained independence.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 3:38 am

Trueno wrote:

Some will still think Corbyn is the new Messiah :roll:

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 7:20 am

firemonkey wrote:
Trueno wrote:

I would say there aren't as many as there used to be.
He will never be PM.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 11:46 am

Trueno wrote:
firemonkey wrote:
Trueno wrote:

He will never be PM.

I'm all for Jesus Christ but I think the smear campaigns have been successful so you're probably right :roll:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Aug 2019, 12:22 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Trueno wrote:
firemonkey wrote:
Trueno wrote:

He will never be PM.

I'm all for Jesus Christ but I think the smear campaigns have been successful so you're probably right :roll:

You must remember to mark (smear) your ferret territory. Then the sharp toothed ones will occupy number 10...

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 12:28 pm

Terrortorial pissings? Hm there's an idea. :twisted:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 1:37 pm

The bi election was basically a referendum but with only one side taking part. They had the Welsh nationalists/f brexit anti-democrars and greens all on one ticket. Then on the other side they had Tories with a convicted criminal standing and the brexit party. Then Labour who don't have a policy that any human can understand.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Aug 2019, 7:26 am

Yeah, Labour are about as unelectable as a necrotic septic think tank in all seasons and weather, come what May!
I'd rather see the benchmark being laid out thinly for Mr Farage and let the continuous eyeballing motor mouthing gestures do all the talking than see a dirty Parliamentarian speaker get laid on thick with sterling price caps and with 'Block Brexit talk'. When is true democracy going to fight back and stop taking a back seat in anti election campaigning marches and actually arrange for Sturgeon Pinattas of J. C's head to get slammed into one?(Apolls for benign crude reference of a twice backdated Scottish mandate on backdated Parliamentary affairs).
If we can't say now, for the benefits of world peace we are having an orderly outcome for leaving the E.U, then now we can organise a new hun party clan for the new world hate charter, of Junky Brexit. To quote the late great Freddie Mercury, ''TOO MUCH Love will kILL YOU.'' The ''All for love'' Pro, National Trumpsters, would love to see the final outcome of how an Island can defeat Terrorism, and London Party Politics as well as defeat a Totalitarian organisation that is about to collapse like a Dominion Apocolpyse under what is most likely,''New Dawn part 3'', of a dysfunctional right wing Boris Brexit New Charter of the official establishment, under new order confirmation of Her Maj. And any calls for backpedalling on their new electorate would fall on ancestral deaf ears, as a Royal would never create further divisions in a sinkhole democracy. Haha, even if the shrinking national folds of inner doubt and unrest are put aside for treason.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 2:17 am

I must say that from a constitutional and democracy point of view I find so much of the current speculation around British politics absolutely fascinating.

The current chit chat among a few MP's and some commentators about a potential 'government of unity' and how that could come about. Also I love reading up on how it would work legally if Johnson lost a VoNC next month but tried to stay on by refusing to resign, calling a GE and trying somehow not to break the Civil Service Code

Can't say politics is boring these days anyway! :lol:

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2019, 5:39 pm

The current chit-chat is about as lukewarm as a stand-off for another meltdown leadership contest or, stalling for a general election.

Europe won't be inviting us around for tea no more if we don't conform to the pesky Irish Crackstop, oh, I mean Backstop.

We all know what imports can do or can't do as well as exports, and Brussels have created a Brexit Hate Gang as part of extraditing us back to whence we came. I'm sure nobody wants to see another British ex-communion, take place in the battle of the lords when the deal that should pass is going to fall palm flat against parliamentary idealism. The truth of democracy lies in the real strength test, in regards to Boris, is it amicability, expansionism of ideas, forcing the iron Merkel's semi retired hand back out into the open, or is it time for another round of Golf on the Gleneagles putty ground?
The way I am looking at it, is a cleverly masked roulette wheel spinning round and round in cautious but straight set circles. The lines that cross over, are the ones in the rail conducting business, another tricky one to unpick if you want to go back through more failed tories, a predictive and never ending state pension age to counteract all the taxes that the public will surely feel, if the blackmail from European heads of state don't promote good will and freedom back across our shores. People don't want to reminisce , they want to get on with their lives, and get them to hurry the f**K up.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 6:34 am

The drama dial has been cranked up to 11 this morning!

As has been suspected for some time, Johnson finally goes in for proroguing, limiting the amount of time anyone opposed to no deal has to bring legislation against it, limiting time for a new deal with the EU to be debated and passed, and limiting time for new laws to be passed that would help the UK immediately after a potential no deal

TBH I think it is really no more than trying to force his opponents hand

From a parliamentary procedure point of view, next week could be absolutely spectacular! :lol:

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 7:40 am

^^^
Yes... it's all kicked off.I could do with the drama keeping away for two more weeks... then I'll be in Spain.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 8:19 am

I am off to Greece in mid Sept, I don't want to miss the drama!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 8:25 am

What part of Greece?