Page 1 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 2:25 pm

I live in Canada, I don't have any guns, and therefore I have no problems whatsoever if guns are confiscated.

As usual, Amuuuuuuuurrrrricans only care about themselves and their own country while at the same time thinking there's something wrong with everyone else on the planet, thinking they must "help" them and be the World Police.

Funny there's no mention that vaccines give you autism, which is a punishment from God. And that the vaccines contain aborted human fetuses, lead paint, the souls of terminally-ill patients who died of assisted suicide, and expired special sauce from McDonald's. :P

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 2:36 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
As usual, Amuuuuuuuurrrrricans only care about themselves and their own country while at the same time thinking there's something wrong with everyone else on the planet, thinking they must "help" them and be the World Police.

Good thinking. We'll rewrite our bill of rights straight away.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 3:08 pm

Calm down, no one's going to survive taking your guns away.

Morgellens worms - ewwww

And TI's (targeted individuals)

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 3:25 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I live in Canada, I don't have any guns, and therefore I have no problems whatsoever if guns are confiscated.

Just because you're used to living with so little liberty is no reason for others to give theirs up.

lostonearth35 wrote:
As usual, Amuuuuuuuurrrrricans only care about themselves and their own country

Because they can. Other countries can't, even if they want to. Americans must be doing something right.

lostonearth35 wrote:
while at the same time thinking there's something wrong with everyone else on the planet, thinking they must "help" them and be the World Police.

There is something wrong with everyone else on the planet: they're too weak to stop the US from policing them. If the US weren't the world's bully, some other country would have to be.

lostonearth35 wrote:
Funny there's no mention that vaccines give you autism, which is a punishment from God. And that the vaccines contain aborted human fetuses, lead paint, the souls of terminally-ill patients who died of assisted suicide, and expired special sauce from McDonald's. :P

Freely believing in all the irrational crap you want is liberty. Having science shoved down your throat, at honest taxpayers' expense to add insult to injury, is not.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 3:44 pm

domineekee wrote:

I might just be getting too much pleasure out of spiking people on unthinking cheap shots.

Countries founding documents have a way of not being changed without being up in the air in their entirety. The last amendment we had (27th) was 1992, I've tried taking another look at when we last successfully scheduled a constitutional convention but it seems like most of the sources just want to ramble forever about the original convention without touching on that issue. Our likelihood of repealing the second amendment is about as high as us getting subsumed by the UN unless something truly unusual happens out beyond the sporadic public or school shooting.

I think with the internet there's a bit of a thing where if it sounds good, and it sounds virtuous, its gold whether it's really a mindless throwaway comment or not. Sometimes I like poking holes in that because it's almost pure junk food and no actual nutrients. Where it goes a step further and gets dangerous is just how many people have a social 'lick their finger and stick it in the air' sense of what's real and they use appearances to figure out what they should believe rather than facts. That's part of where, perhaps, I might feel like being a buzzkill or a stickler is offering something of a positive service.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 3:52 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
domineekee wrote:

I might just be getting too much pleasure out of spiking people on unthinking cheap shots.

Countries founding documents have a way of not being changed without being up in the air in their entirety. The last amendment we had (27th) was 1992, I've tried taking another look at when we last successfully scheduled a constitutional convention but it seems like most of the sources just want to ramble forever about the original convention without touching on that issue. Our likelihood of repealing the second amendment is about as high as us getting subsumed by the UN unless something truly unusual happens out beyond the sporadic public or school shooting.

I think with the internet there's a bit of a thing where if it sounds good, and it sounds virtuous, its gold whether it's really a mindless throwaway comment or not. Sometimes I like poking holes in that because it's almost pure junk food and no actual nutrients. Where it goes a step further and gets dangerous is just how many people have a social 'lick their finger and stick it in the air' sense of what's real and they use appearances to figure out what they should believe rather than facts.

Psst, you're talking to someone who can't feasible unravel what you have to say. You have your fun, I'll have mine.
More conspiracy - Darpa brain project

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 4:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
Well?

Did I omit anything?

We are rejects from planet autistica dumped on planet earth

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 4:28 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Mythos wrote:
The interesting thing about conspiracy theories is that sometimes they may turn out to be true.

For example, when Sergei and Julia Skripal were poisoned, people may have been called crazy for assuming it was a genuine attack from Russia on British soil. Crazy until it turns out to be true.

I mean, that was more the other way around. It was obvious and widely accepted from the off that the Russian state was behind the attack. The conspiracy theorists were the Corbyns of the world who thought that, despite the overwhelming evidence, we could only blame Putin for it if he actually confessed.

What evidence? There's none. No one knows the guy's names yet they know they work for a Russian agency. Why they would send TWO beer belly guys over from MOSCOW to spread some novichok on a door handle in the middle of the day is beyond me. The men decided to use the London Underground on a Sunday working on a tight schedule, putting themselves all over CCTV, then looking into numerous shop windows on the way back.

Trouble is that the story has already been debunked as the timeline does not add up. The Skripals left their home around 9am and never returned. The suspects arrived in Salisbury at 11.48 so are alleged to have put the gel on the door handle around noon. You know, when everyone is coming back from church and mowing the grass, that's the best time to apply a military grade nerve agent to someone front door.

Yeah, the "conspiracy theorists" like Corbyn and Galloway were also going against the "overwhelming evidence" during the run up to the Iraq war.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 4:32 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
We are rejects from planet autistica dumped on planet earth
You say that like it's a bad thing.

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 4:33 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
What evidence? There's none. No one knows ...
Well, speak of the Devil! I was wondering when you would show up!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 4:47 pm

Remember this?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 4:50 pm

Governments have always been involved in conspiracies. Just blindly believing everything the government says when it comes to these issues just shows ignorance or complete denial.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 5:00 pm

Fnord wrote:
Did I omit anything?

We never went to the moon
Global warming is a plot to bring down capitalism
Jewish bankers secretly ruling the world
The United Nations is run by Satan
The chemicals in the water turning the frogs gay
Dogs and cats living together

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 5:06 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Did I omit anything?

We never went to the moon
Global warming is a plot to bring down capitalism
Jewish bankers secretly ruling the world
The United Nations is run by Satan
The chemicals in the water turning the frogs gay
Dogs and cats living together
I did include that last one; but thanks for the rest!

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 5:46 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_incident

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Sep 2018, 5:49 pm

Mythos wrote:
The interesting thing about conspiracy theories is that sometimes they may turn out to be true.

For example, when Sergei and Julia Skripal were poisoned, people may have been called crazy for assuming it was a genuine attack from Russia on British soil. Crazy until it turns out to be true.

These are what I like to call "low level" conspiracy theories; we can connect the dots and still feel like it is somewhat a solid concept.

The thing to remember, is that what was once deemed as being as conspiracy, turns out to be Russian ex military spies all along, so it is true.
What I can't understand, is how the British Intelligence, weren't able to spot the antics of these train spotting carriage (or potential carnage) evaders and bring them to justice before a court in time for their next appearance?
If and when they get extradited back here, will be another matter entirely.
Look at Westminster, and what happened there. A 29 year old Somalian, who looked more like 14, (so they'd better get that passport looked at,) got away with mounting the pavement and injuring passengers off the roadside.
As a result, the government may be forced to stop all oncoming traffic through the area. Just because of one refugee.