For people who support the Death Penalty (like me)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 6:19 pm

Which form of execution do you think is the most humane?

I have to go with the firing squad. It looks scarier than it really is but it is proven to be quick and close to painless with a 0% fail rate of botching.

Lethal Injections, Electric Chairs, Gas Chambers, and Hangings mess up quite often and it can cause unnecessary pain and agony for the condemned prisoner. I support the death penalty but I am also against torture so I firmly believe in making death for condemned prisoners as quick and painless as possible and from what I have read the firing squad is one of the quickest methods.

I feel like it should be used as the main form of capital punishment in places that use the death penalty.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 5:20 am

I'm not a big supporter of the death penalty. The exception I keep coming to is Treason because the damage a traitor to the country or contribute to civilian casualties could do is so high, especially in a state of war.

This would make a field execution necessary unless they could get the Traitor to trial mostly for the purposes interrogation or even using them as a witness against anyone else captured from the enemy side. Otherwise, if they have no further value, they could do a field trial and execution.

Since this would involve soldiers, I don't see the need for a firing squad routine. Just ask for a volunteer to shoot them in the head.

Except for this extreme case, I'm not really a believer in the Death Penalty.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 7:19 am

I'm a supporter of the Death Penalty for things like murder. The way I see it, it is even more cruel (and expensive) to lock a person up in a prison cell to rot away for the rest of their lives, but at the same time it is very unfair to allow that murderer to walk away a free man after just 10 or 20 years because that would devastate the victim's family and the victims themselves wouldn't be getting any real justice in my opinion.

My aunt was brutally murdered by her husband shortly after I was born and it pretty much destroyed my family. I wish he had gotten the death penalty after what he did to her and to us.