Jonathan Haidt on Daily Wire Sunday Special today

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 1:52 pm

One of the things I do like about Ben is he's able to have good conversations with high-quality center-left thinkers, like Eric Weinstein and here Jonathan Haidt.

I don't have the best gauge of knowing how many people here are actually familiar with Jonathan Haidt's work on The Righteous Mind (2012) or some of his other books including his newest one. He's been quite active in trying to help glue academia back together - mostly on the principles of trying to reestablish insitutional disconfirmation by talking about the degredation that echo chambering causes and his book Righteous Mind was one of the first to bring the concept of tribalism or people's individual challenges (and most often failure) to get at truth themselves and step around the traps, or even see, their motivated reasoning.

run time: 56:47.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin