What US Territory Could Become The 51st State?

Page 3 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What US Territory Could Become The 51st State?
Puerto Rico 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
Guam 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
US Virgin Islands 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
American Samoa 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Northern Mariana Islands 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 1:07 am

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Free oregon

Why?

To protect Oregonians human rights, the Democrats here are hell bent on banning guns and making millions of people felons, me included.

But has anyone seriously attempted that?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 2:20 am

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Owning guns I own would make me a fon after they get their laws passed.

So your psychiatric profile (unsure of the proper wording) is to the point where you would be found incompetent and a risk to own a gun?

They plan to make owning any simi auto gun illegal. Which is 90% of guns, anyone owning one who doesn’t turn it in(surrender their rights) is a felon.
Also if you ask anti gun people aspies and anyone with any mental disorder is a killer in the waiting and dangerous so shouldn’t own guns.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 2:27 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Free oregon

Why?

To protect Oregonians human rights, the Democrats here are hell bent on banning guns and making millions of people felons, me included.

But has anyone seriously attempted that?

Ip43 and ip44. They plan to push it in state congress and if that fails to push it in 2020 they failed this time only cause they ran out of time due to starting too late and the 9th circuit ruled their title and summary were misleading to voters. They already gathering signatures for 2020.
Your state is going be voting on a slightly less horrible but still horrible Initiative 1639 which they mislead people to sign saying it was about grocery tax.

In the Revised Code of Washington, a signed application to purchase a pistol constitutes a waiver of confidentiality so that any inquiring court or law enforcement agency may request a mental health institution or other health care facility to release information relevant to a person's eligibility to purchase a pistol. The measure would expand this provision to include the application for and purchase of semiautomatic assault rifles.

^so much for aspies and other people with disorders having rights in your state and so much for lefts support of disabled people and their medical privacy, down with hipa as they say people born different are dangerous to society

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 4:30 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
I voted American Samoa. Because what the heck? It's close to Hawaii.

They produce a lot of great pro wrestlers.

And I bet they have a lot of great places for tourism like most of the Pacific Islands.

Tourism is a very profitable business.

Perhaps American Samoa could be annexed as a new part of Hawaii?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 4:42 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

And I bet they have a lot of great places for tourism like most of the Pacific Islands.

Wouldn't Hawaii have to go back to being it's own country in order for that to happen?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 4:53 pm

It would be nice if the federal government would make Utah a real state given that territories which become states are usually given their territorial lands to do what they will ... but not Utah. After 122 years, 65 percent of Utah is off limits to its own citizens.

Now, either there are some serious UFO "facilities" that need a lot of guarding, or Washington just loves them some land grabs.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 5:08 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Wouldn't Hawaii have to go back to being it's own country in order for that to happen?

American Samoa is 2600 miles from Hawaii (closer to Australia than to Hawaii).So I don't think that merging them as states would work. Would be like making LA a county of New York state.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 5:14 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

American Samoa is 2600 miles from Hawaii (closer to Australia than to Hawaii).So I don't think that merging them as states would work. Would be like making LA a county of New York state.

Yeah but they are both I the Pacific Islands which is why I suggested it. :)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 5:46 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
It would be nice if the federal government would make Utah a real state given that territories which become states are usually given their territorial lands to do what they will ... but not Utah. After 122 years, 65 percent of Utah is off limits to its own citizens.

Now, either there are some serious UFO "facilities" that need a lot of guarding, or Washington just loves them some land grabs.

52% of Oregon is federal lands and I support that. We need to keep national lands open for everyone in this nation not just the rich

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 6:04 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Well duhhhh

That's exactly my point.

Its obvious that you naively think that just because they are both Pacific islands that they must be close to each other and that that set up would make sense. You have no notion how vast the Pacific is. The Pacific is one third of the surface area of the planet, and is bigger in area then all of the dry land (all of the nations,all of continents) put together.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 6:14 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Well duhhhh

That's exactly my point.

Its obvious that you naively think that just because they are both Pacific islands that they must be close to each other and that that set up would make sense. You have no notion how vast the Pacific is. The Pacific is one third of the surface area of the planet, and is bigger in area then all of the dry land (all of the nations,all of continents) put together.

Well maybe I should have been more clear about the fact that when I made that suggestion I was being a total smart***.

I honestly could care less about turning any of those suggestions into another state. :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 6:36 pm

sly279 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

52% of Oregon is federal lands and I support that. We need to keep national lands open for everyone in this nation not just the rich

I agree with you, 100%. People who fall for the line that the government is keeping land away from the American people never think that there would be no more nature trails to hike, or forests to camp in, let alone anywhere to hunt. All those national park employees who get high pay with benefits would be replaced with minimum wage slaves worked to death in one environment destructive industry or another.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 6:49 pm

I demand statehood for Jarvis Island!

But only after I move there and become its one and only resident! Lol!

Then I can be its governor, US Rep, and senator, and elector in the electorial college.

Jarvis island is an uninhabited coral atoll island in the south pacific of less than two square miles now run by the US game and fisheries adm.. Fun fact: it, and American Samoa are the only two U.S. territories in the Southern Hemisphere (ie the only two pieces of real estate we have that are south of the equator).

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 6:55 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I demand statehood for Jarvis Island!

But only after I move there and become its one and only resident! Lol!

Then I can be its governor, US Rep, and senator, and elector in the electorial college.

Jarvis island is an uninhabited coral atoll island in the south pacific of less than two square miles now run by the US game and fisheries adm.. Fun fact: it, and American Samoa are the only two U.S. territories in the Southern Hemisphere (ie the only two pieces of real estate we have that are south of the equator).

Haha good idea! And I think I want to be the first person to turn Antarctica into an actual country. :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 7:06 pm

Anyone else remember how Newt Gingrich had talked about establishing a moon colony that might become the 51st state? He had been the Republican front runner against Obama till he had spouted that gem of lunacy.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 7:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Anyone else remember how Newt Gingrich had talked about establishing a moon colony that might become the 51st state? He had been the Republican front runner against Obama till he had spouted that gem of lunacy.

I don't know if this true or not but didn't Trump also say something about the U.S. having a military force stationed in space? :lol: