Blasey Ford, Yes or No; Kavanaugh, Yes or No?

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2014
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,935
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.

05 Oct 2018, 5:27 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Kavanaugh's personal temperament alone is enough to disqualify him from the federal Supreme Court as an associate justice. His enjoyment of blending blatant partisanship with his government careers is constitutionally shocking and offensive.

It is, therefore, easier to accept the claims of several individuals in his past who he knew intimately and treated criminally.

The only good news about his probable confirmation is that his name will have a asterisk next to it not only for his lifetime, but for generations to come.

Yeah, I, pretty much, agree with all of this.




_________________
White female; age 58; diagnosed Aspie.
I use caps for emphasis----I'm NOT angry or shouting. I use caps like others use italics, underline, or bold.
"What we know is a drop; what we don't know, is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)


Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2014
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 28,254
Location: אי ואשון

05 Oct 2018, 5:29 pm

well, now it doesn't matter, since he's going to be confirmed and making our decisions for us until half the people here are senile.


such a shame, really. it's a joke that partisanship is even allowed anywhere near a courtroom and i still find it funny that the people most entrusted with protecting democracy are both unelected and serve life terms.


you know...like monarchs????


_________________
❄join my discord pls❄

Mais c'est la mort qui t'a assassinée, Marcia,
C'est la mort qui t'a consumée, Marcia,
C'est le cancer que tu as pris sous ton bras,
Maintenant, tu es en cendres, cendres...


BERNIE 2020 - cause it's not red vs. blue, it's the 1% vs. you


Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2014
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,935
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.

05 Oct 2018, 5:35 pm

Magna wrote:
She very well may be telling the truth. He very well may be lying.

I've read that some women who are sexually abused in childhood retain a childlike little girl voice into adulthood. I also think women can have a little girl voice even if they haven't been abused, but I'm certainly no expert on that.

I have to say that I was curious enough after watching her testimony and knowing that apparently she's been a professional individual including a university professor for many years, that I wanted to see ANY video of her talking in any capacity prior to this hearing. I wanted to see if she's always talked like that. I google and Youtube searched for about fifteen minutes. Nothing. I assumed there would be something out there. A recorded lecture or something. There's nothing.

As an aside, I know some women talk like that as their normal voice and with upward word endings. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Yeah, I don't know anything about why some women have a voice, like hers. The first thing I said, when she began speaking (way before her voice broke, and she began choking-back tears), was: "Oh, no". IMO, that is the voice of a very weak woman, and I HATE it----it wasn't quite like "fingernails on the chalkboard", for me, but.....

Upon further reflection of her testimony, I had a thought that it was a total act.





_________________
White female; age 58; diagnosed Aspie.
I use caps for emphasis----I'm NOT angry or shouting. I use caps like others use italics, underline, or bold.
"What we know is a drop; what we don't know, is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,954
Location: US

05 Oct 2018, 5:41 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
well, now it doesn't matter, since he's going to be confirmed and making our decisions for us until half the people here are senile.


such a shame, really. it's a joke that partisanship is even allowed anywhere near a courtroom and i still find it funny that the people most entrusted with protecting democracy are both unelected and serve life terms.


you know...like monarchs????


Would you then be infavore of removing all liberal Democrat judges from every court in this nation? The ninth circuit is all partisanship and half the Supreme Court is liberal Democrats.

Serious question



Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2014
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,935
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.

05 Oct 2018, 5:47 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
As for me #believewomen is an overcorrection to men being believed over women in most places in most times since probably there have been men and women. Those who say most teen boys and young men did not objectify women, say offensive s**t about them etc in the 70s and 80s or it was only the frat boys and athletes and that Trump’s remarks in the Hollywood Access tape was an anomoly was either was not there, are lying, or have erased their memories.

That all said two wrongs do not make a right.

I, pretty much, agree with this, too. This adds to what I have said, before, about us being a nation of over-correctors. I'm thinking there should NEVER be an instance when the woman (or man) is believed, without question; if, for no other reason, than because I was raised with 3 narcissists, and all three of them accused their husbands of crap they didn't do----and, even PROVOKED them (that's mainly why I'm such a fierce defender of men, nowadays - cuz I've seen SOOOOO much lyin' on men).




_________________
White female; age 58; diagnosed Aspie.
I use caps for emphasis----I'm NOT angry or shouting. I use caps like others use italics, underline, or bold.
"What we know is a drop; what we don't know, is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)


Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2014
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,935
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.

05 Oct 2018, 5:57 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
...it's a joke that partisanship is even allowed anywhere near a courtroom and i still find it funny that the people most entrusted with protecting democracy are both unelected and serve life terms.

you know...like monarchs????

GOOD point!!




_________________
White female; age 58; diagnosed Aspie.
I use caps for emphasis----I'm NOT angry or shouting. I use caps like others use italics, underline, or bold.
"What we know is a drop; what we don't know, is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,190
Location: USA

05 Oct 2018, 7:07 pm

Something needs to happen to the people who gave false testimony.

1. Swetnick claimed he drugged and gang raped girls.

Then she changed her story ... she didn't see him do anything

Swetnick: I Cannot Specifically Say That Kavanaugh Was One Of The Ones Who Assaulted Me
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/01/kavanau ... tions.html

2. RI man gave false testimony that Kavanugh did a sexual assault.

RI man apologizes for claiming Kavanaugh sexually assaulted woman on boat in Newport
https://nypost.com/2018/09/26/man-apolo ... kavanaugh/


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


Last edited by LoveNotHate on 05 Oct 2018, 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,215
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

05 Oct 2018, 7:13 pm

America's collective 2018 ink blot.


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


SaveFerris
Banned
Banned

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,690
Location: UK

05 Oct 2018, 7:30 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
[b]Something needs to happen to the people who gave false testimony.


Definitely, but do you think harsh punishments would stop women coming forward if the evidence is not concrete and the assailant is rich or powerful

both your links give 404 errors


_________________
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,190
Location: USA

05 Oct 2018, 7:57 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
[b]Something needs to happen to the people who gave false testimony.


Definitely, but do you think harsh punishments would stop women coming forward if the evidence is not concrete and the assailant is rich or powerful

both your links give 404 errors

Thanks I fixed the links.

I think it's fair to the accused.

There should be some consequences for making false accusations.


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,741
Location: Twin Peaks

05 Oct 2018, 8:12 pm

Ford offered no corroborative testimony whatsoever and said things that didn't add up. Especially regarding saying she didn't know things she would know as a professor of psychology.

Kavanaugh was evasive.

I think the whole procedure was a complete trainwreck.



Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2014
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,935
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.

05 Oct 2018, 8:33 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
There should be some consequences for making false accusations.

I haven't had a chance to read your links, yet (want to), but, maybe they could be sued for slander?






_________________
White female; age 58; diagnosed Aspie.
I use caps for emphasis----I'm NOT angry or shouting. I use caps like others use italics, underline, or bold.
"What we know is a drop; what we don't know, is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)


Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2014
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,935
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.

05 Oct 2018, 8:58 pm

EzraS wrote:
Ford offered no corroborative testimony whatsoever and said things that didn't add up. Especially regarding saying she didn't know things she would know as a professor of psychology.

Well, I can't remember what she said that she didn't know, and should have cuz she is a Psychology professor, but I remember her saying "I didn't know", in that horrible weak voice of hers (I don't mean her cracking voice when she was choking-back tears - that's automatic for one's voice to be weak, then), when it was something that an adult would know (especially, one who has traveled and had the experiences, that she has had); or, at least, if they didn't, they would've looked it up. That's one of the reasons I felt her demeanor was an act----all to say "Don't you feel sorry for me".

Speaking of traveling..... She was in friggin' DELAWARE (NOT home, in California) when she said "I don't like to fly", and could've EASILY driven to D.C., but said she flew. I thought it was funny when she said she didn't mind flying when it was for vacation (and everybody let her slide on that one, too - one woman even gave her a sweet smile)! ! How pathetic is THAT? She made it sound like she had a phobia----and had everybody feeling sorry for her, for that, TOO!





_________________
White female; age 58; diagnosed Aspie.
I use caps for emphasis----I'm NOT angry or shouting. I use caps like others use italics, underline, or bold.
"What we know is a drop; what we don't know, is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,741
Location: Twin Peaks

06 Oct 2018, 12:20 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Ford offered no corroborative testimony whatsoever and said things that didn't add up. Especially regarding saying she didn't know things she would know as a professor of psychology.

Well, I can't remember what she said that she didn't know, and should have cuz she is a Psychology professor, but I remember her saying "I didn't know", in that horrible weak voice of hers (I don't mean her cracking voice when she was choking-back tears - that's automatic for one's voice to be weak, then), when it was something that an adult would know (especially, one who has traveled and had the experiences, that she has had); or, at least, if they didn't, they would've looked it up. That's one of the reasons I felt her demeanor was an act----all to say "Don't you feel sorry for me".

Speaking of traveling..... She was in friggin' DELAWARE (NOT home, in California) when she said "I don't like to fly", and could've EASILY driven to D.C., but said she flew. I thought it was funny when she said she didn't mind flying when it was for vacation (and everybody let her slide on that one, too - one woman even gave her a sweet smile)! ! How pathetic is THAT? She made it sound like she had a phobia----and had everybody feeling sorry for her, for that, TOO!


You'll probably find the analysis from this body language expert interesting:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/5uv6SHt1Z5Gm/



SaveFerris
Banned
Banned

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,690
Location: UK

06 Oct 2018, 10:51 am

Image


_________________
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard