Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 6:52 pm

Why do they seem to have paper-thin views on almost everything, from the wage gap myth, to the numerous other third-wave feminist myths they believe in that are completely refuted by sensible academic sources that aren't written by 'feminist scholars' (misnomer right there in most cases).

I'm a second-wave feminist, and I love women, for the record. Some of them are Goddesses and men don't hold a candle to them.

I've noticed a lot of them will refuse to engage in debate - and often, it's because their arguments are terrible and they know it. They probably reason that they're just not good at explaining their points when in fact they're f*****g non-points. :D

Social justice warriors are to the intellectual left - what knuckle-dragging right wing extremists are to the intellectual right. Utter rot.

Last edited by blitzkrieg on 06 Oct 2018, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 6:55 pm

SJWs are the Left's answer to the Neo-Con's of the Right. Both groups are trolls. Both groups are more interested in stirring up conflict and bad feelings without ever contributing to any solutions.

Those of us who are Centrists look at both groups and wish that they would annihilate each other and leave the rest of us in peace.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 7:00 pm

Fnord wrote:
SJWs are the Left's answer to the Neo-Con's of the Right. Both groups are trolls. Both groups are more interested in stirring up conflict and bad feelings without ever contributing to any solutions.

Those of us who are Centrists look at both groups and wish that they would annihilate each other and leave the rest of us in peace.

I actually agree with that. I can't stand extremists from either side.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 7:34 pm

In most cases it seems like when any person or group of people see those who disagree with them as fundamentally evil or malevolent that they're not in a desirable place politically or intellectually. I mean there are some things, like being pro-genocide, pro government eugenics, pro totalitarian that will be likely to get at least some quizzical interest from otherwise normal people but past that it takes a certain kind of abdication of thought and even selfhood to be part of a mob.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 2:45 am

I had a relationship with a 3rd wave radical feminist, she could stay up all night debating semantics quite happily. As someone who grew up with second-wave feminism at home, I was a natural ally but my liberal views got trashed for kicks and I was kept up night after night as she went to work tweaking my liberal perspective.

(I didn't have the sense to get out of the firing line)

Eventually, it dawned on us that I'm Aspie and she started to treat me much better, it was like moving up a rung in society, suddenly I was somebody.

Seriously it sucked being a white, cisgender man and being objectified as such. I found it so offensive to be lumped into a condemned group and not have my experience taken into account.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 5:01 am

As somebody who identifies as a liberal I can admit that is something that really annoys me about some of the radical liberals. They lump all heterosexual white men together into being something evil including the ones who identify with liberalism and they assume that if you are not white or female or gay or any other "minority" that it somehow makes you a good innocent person and you deserve special treatment.

I mean why can't we just accept the fact that we are all human beings and we all have the right to live here? If we worked together instead of hating each other and blaming each other for all the problems in the world we could make this world a better place for everybody.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 6:57 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
They lump all heterosexual white men together into being something evil

As a white dude, you can never experience racism or sexism so check your privilege and STFU! :wink:

It's such a regimented mentality, doesn't it just make everybody miserable?

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 7:18 am

I think it's about power. They want to be at the top with everyone else under their thumb. If you oppose them, they'll ignore your reason for opposing them, think of the worst possible motive you could have for doing something, and try to convince everyone else that that is your motive. They're not interested in debates and proving things, they're interested in mobbing together and telling the same lies loudly over and over again to make people believe it's true and make people cave in under the pressure and give them what they want.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 7:34 am

domineekee wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

As a white dude, you can never experience racism or sexism so check your privilege and STFU! :wink:

See this is the way I view it. A white man really can't be a victim of racism or sexism because the truth is white people and males do have more power in the world than anybody else. They can however be subjected to the same unfair prejudice that anyone else can can be subjected to.

(If you ever went to third world countries like Guatemala and learned about how our developed countries exploit them you would understand what I'm talking about)

The true definition of racism and sexism is the idea that your own race or gender is surperior to all others because they have more control and influence in the world. A black person really can't be racist towards a white person because they aren't the ones controlling this country but they can still be prejudice towards white people because of their skin color, just like women really can't be sexist towards men in any culture because they are always regarded as the weaker sex but you always have angry women who openly hate men just because of their gender.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 7:45 am

TW1ZTY wrote:

And want to silence you because you are what you are, not what you have done. It's profiling, it's not cool.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 7:54 am

domineekee wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

And want to silence you because you are what you are, not what you have done. It's profiling, it's not cool.

It is profiling but in my opinion it's still not the same thing as racism or sexism.

Maybe if our country was ruled by black females who became our president, our senators, our congressmen, and our supreme court judges then I would view it that way. Think about it, the majority of those people are old rich white men.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 7:59 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
domineekee wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

See this is the way I view it. A white man really can't be a victim of racism or sexism because the truth is white people and males do have more power in the world than anybody else. They can however be subjected to the same unfair prejudice that anyone else can can be subjected to.

(If you ever went to third world countries like Guatemala and learned about how our developed countries exploit them you would understand what I'm talking about)

The true definition of racism and sexism is the idea that your own race or gender is surperior to all others because they have more control and influence in the world. A black person really can't be racist towards a white person because they aren't the ones controlling this country but they can still be prejudice towards white people because of their skin color, just like women really can't be sexist towards men in any culture because they are always regarded as the weaker sex but you always have angry women who openly hate men just because of their gender.

Racial prejudice is racism. Same for sexism. End of story. Even if you simply don't extend the same courtesies to one group as to another because of them being white or male, you're pushing them below the other group in some way.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 8:12 am

Drake wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
domineekee wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Racial prejudice is racism. Same for sexism. End of story. Even if you simply don't extend the same courtesies to one group as to another because of them being white or male, you're pushing them below the other group in some way.

I guess some of you guys really don't understand what I'm saying.

Racism, xenophobia, bigotry, and prejudice are all different things. They may all sound the same because it all involves putting somebody down just because of who they are but they are not the same things. But it is wrong to do any of those things to somebody else.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 8:54 am

And racial prejudice is still not the same thing as true racism.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 9:06 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0

Hmm; the First Time I encountered so-called "Social Justice Warriors" was on this Website, studying a 'Very Strange
Phenomenon', where a Non-Profit Organization to Raise Money to Remedy the Deleterious Symptoms of Autism
was turned into an 'Evil Empire' as People with the Diagnosis took up the Identity Politics of Associating their
Diagnosis with their Human Identity. People do this; that was no surprise, and also Proof that Autism is
no more associated with Logical thinking than any other Human Condition As Science shows Humans
are ruled by Emotions First and Reasons, next; Yes, As Science Proves now this is the Human Condition.

The Next Time I Encountered so-called "Social Justice Warriors" was in Autism Communities,
More Majority Ruled by Females, where if one said the 'R Word' they would be Deleted From the
Community and if they used Basic Logic to suggest that a Non-Profit Organization really wasn't
a 'Nazi Group' whose main Aim was Eugenics they would be Banned for suggesting such a Logical Assertion.

I didn't Have a Problem not using the 'R Word' but Libeling a Non-Profit Organization with no Basis in Fact then
that I Proved with Facts, as is still on Record, made no Logical Sense to me but Plenty of Emotional Feel for Folks
using it to the Advantage of fulfilling the Basic Human Tribal Instinct of finding Common Binds and Bonds, often
Dark and Constructed with little to no Facts to back it up; but never the less, as 'they say' on the 'Planet of the Apes'
Movie, "Apes Stronger Together" and in our case as Humans; Humans will bond over the Strangest Things to get that
So-Called Warm and Fuzzy Group Cohesion thingy if a Human is able to Feel that Feeling of Comfort at all as some can't.

This 'Social Justice' Warrior thingy is Part of the Human Condition as is and Group Politics in Identity way even amongst
So-Called Folks on the Autism Spectrum as the Record Still Shows. And Ironically and Amusingly the Bond and Bind
over and against So-called 'Social Justice Warriors' as a Newer Pejorative Since around the 'Gamergate' Controversy
is just another Social Justice Warrior Group Fighting against a Commonly Constructed Enemy in a Newer Invention
of Ideology; in this case, Remarkably Translating the Human Condition into a Pejorative while those Folks
who Name other Folks as 'Social Justice Warriors', Predictably Pursue this Battle in 'Normal Human
Social Justice Warrior Ways'. It's really Amusing, when So-called 'Incel' and or 'Dark Web Intellectual
Hero Worshipping Internet Mostly Video Game Playing and Keyboard Warrior Dudes'
use the term 'Social Justice Warrior 'when they are Doing precisely what they 'think'
they are Emotionally Making Fun of Against. But Again; it's Human Nature;
and something any Anthropologist Participant Observer will watch just for fun too
as Human Nature is rather Predictable in Dark and Light; and Gray; and Pretty Rainbow Colors more too.

I'll track with the Social Justice Warrior 'Modem' of Human Empathy, Sympathy, Compassion, and Advancing
Cognitive Empathy too; but it's not Hard to See the Pot calling the Kettle Black and or White as Identity Politics Sings
on as it 'normally' does in so-called 'Logic Land' too; Yes, it does the Same thing in 'Poetry Land' too; People are Alike
and Different everywhere as that is what continues to make us Human in Moral Relativistic Post Modern ways of common
sense in Human Fashion as even Neuro-Scientists readily admit we all Hallucinate our Realities; some with a firmer grip
on what's actually going down in their reality; and some who miss the Boat and the Ocean they are currently Navigating.

Oh yes, and by the way, when Writing Poetry to a Cherished Female Friend of Mine from Across the Ocean she was
impressed enough to Provide an Emoticon of a White Knight in Reciprocal Communication Expression of my Kindness
to her as she Calls me an Angel as I call my Female Friend an Angel too. It's a lot easier to Have Empathy, Sympathy
and Compassion and even Cognitive Empathy for folks when Women Smile by Your side in Joy of Dance Selfies
each and every week too. Currently, My Wife is assessing which Female has the Most Objective Beauty in the
Photo Album from the Last 6 Months. And while it's True a Group of Folks at the Bar, after I Danced Last
Week Night for the 231st Week doing that Named me Legend as that can and will Happen when someone
Public Dances 10,000 Miles in their Metro Area in 5 Years, never even knowing what my name is or even
hearing a Word from me; I don't let that go to my Head; I keep Dancing for the Inherent Joy of Life,
Instead; For it is true when a Person reaches the Capstone of Maslow's Pyramid in
Self-Actualization and Agape Love for all in Transcending way they become
the highest Models in Empirically Measurable ways of both Social
Justice and White Knight Human too. I Believe there is a Song
for that and it's true there are still many Real Women Looking
for a Hero as the HiStory of my Life with HeRstories still shows.
It's A Best in success in Life, i find, to Impress Women over other Dudes.
And no doubt that is a Major Source of 'Angry Old White Man Dude' Life too.
Some Men have to Force their way to Love and other Men; we just learn how to Charm and the Honey Flows Freely.
That's what all of this is about anyway; Whether or not the Dudes and or Others are successful with Women as I had
to earn my Stripes as a Real Man who Women Love too. After that life is easy; Women Smile at You and all is Success.

But of course if 'Big Daddy' didn't tell the Young Dudes they couldn't Smile; chances are Women would have smiled back
and there wouldn't be nearly as many 'Butt Hurt Social Justice Warriors'. I'm Glad my Father Left as Women Loved me more. And Oh Lord when I became my own Father in the Old Archetypal Hero way and Fearless the Honey is Flooding
as the Evidence still shows. 'The Social Justice Warriors' here didn't like me providing the Evidence of that but it's easy
enough to find as the Human Story continues where there are a lot better things in life than Group Identity; Namely,
Dancing to Your Own Drum Beat and getting a Strong Enough Back Bone to Push someone out of your Face if
Necessary too. For me at Least, Life is a Balance of Martial Arts and Ballet in Free Style Way; Yin and Yang
Balance; Divine Feminine Grace and Love as Foundation of Divine Masculine Will and Strength to do
incredible Featnotes and Milestones of Life. But you See, Chances are; I'm actually one of very
Few folks who Doesn't have a Group Identity more than just me. True; both Whitman and Nietzsche
Predicted Folks like me; there are a Few; but overall; we are relatively Thriving And not well known by Name
as of course 'the Group' Bans us as we continue to Grow our Wings on our own in White Knight ways of Independence.
So Far, the United States Provides that Freedom Still as originally DeSigned in Our Declaration of Independence; but
ha! when someone gets that Free; it really Pisses other 'Social Justice Warriors off' but hey I'm only Human and A Social
Justice
Warrior
too; I just
Drum my own Beat;
make my own Philosophy,
Religion, and Politics too.
That Scares the Hell and Heaven out of People too.

Anyway; this is my Wife's Choice as we apparently have the Same Aesthetic Appreciation for Women.
But to Be Clear, she's More My Intellectual type as she was Attending my Alumni College and we would have probably
been just Good Friends in Class, close to 4 Decades ago, when I was Close to Her College Age now. Dance doesn't get old
to Women; I Highly Recommend it as a way to gain Success in all Avenues of Life if done Freely And Generously for others.

It's just another Hobby; for there is always the Neo-Political/Philosophical/Religious Identity Bonds and Binds With 'Dark Web, so-called Emotionally Driven Intellectual Folks' against so-called 'Social Justice Warriors' where the Pot calls the Kettle Black and or White; Meanwhile, the Pop-Corn is Cooking in the Other Room; I'll ask my Wife if it is ready yet.

Oh no; almost running Late to Catholic Church; I only go to Improve my Singing Skills as that Impresses Women too..;)

https://katiemiafrederick.files.wordpre ... g_4465.jpg

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 9:12 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
And racial prejudice is still not the same thing as true racism.

Ok, they're not racist, I just can't stand their smug sanctimony as they stigmatize groups and apportion shame. My problem.