Page 4 of 14 [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 12:44 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
hopefully a simple majority will at least slow down the trumpwreck and his poisonous agenda.

I don't think Democrats do it.

Because their constituency (minorities and young people) are notoriously bad at actually voting.

So, if it's close, then I think Republicans take it.

I said the same for Trump's election.

Smart money is on Republicans keeping control of House, betting site odds say
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 800052002/

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 1:23 pm

[Republican Senate candidate] Blackburn says 'angry mob' interrupted rally in Tennessee with Lindsey Graham

Tennessee Rep. Marsha Blackburn said an "angry mob" of protesters interrupted her senatorial campaign rally on Sunday during a moment of silence for the victims of this weekend's mass shooting.

Security officers forcibly removed several people from Blackburn's "Get Out The Vote" rally with Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., on Sunday evening after several "appalling" and "despicable" disruptions, according to the 2018 Senate candidate's campaign.

Blackburn, the state's Republican nominee in the upcoming Senate race, said protesters threw punches and shouted in the midst of a moment of silence for the victims in Pittsburgh, where 11 Jewish worshipers were fatally shot Saturday.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/blackbu ... d=58819868

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 4:22 pm

The number of "shut her down" protesters was not a mob but a few people.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 11:28 pm

Happy Halloween from the White House!

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 11:57 am

Former Democratic Party leader paid women in alleged Tarrant voter fraud ring, AG says

A Fort Worth woman recently indicted on voter fraud charges paid others involved in the scheme with funds provided by a former Tarrant County Democratic Party leader, court documents filed this week say.

After learning about a state investigation, Leticia Sanchez — one of four women arrested and indicted on voter fraud charges — allegedly directed her daughter to send a text message to others in the scheme, urging them not to cooperate with investigators, state officials say.

The allegations are made in the state’s notice of intent to introduce evidence in Sanchez’s criminal case, where state officials say she was among those who collaborated to vote for certain down-ballot candidates with a number of north side residents’ mail-in ballots.

The notice, filed Tuesday, states that Sanchez engaged in organized criminal activity in collaboration with her three co-defendants; Stuart Clegg, a former executive director for the Tarrant County Democratic Party; and others.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/poli ... 40115.html

There Are Four Lights!

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 10:46 am

#JobsNOTMobs

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 12:41 pm

GOOGLE IS TRYING TO CENSOR MARSHA BLACKBURN CAMPAIGN ADS, SAYS VIDEOS OF PROTESTORS INTERRUPTING HER MOMENT OF SILENCE ARE ‘SHOCKING CONTENT’

Google Ads informed Rep. Marsha Blackburn’s campaign Tuesday that her advertisements including video footage of protestors interrupting her moment of silence for victims of the recent deadly mass shooting of a synagogue were disapproved because they contained “shocking content.”

Google Ads, an online advertising platform, would not allow the Tennessee Republican’s campaign for Senate promote two campaign videos as search ads because the content doesn’t meet Google’s standards, according to an email sent to the campaign.

“Unfortunately, we won’t be able to show your ads on Google, our search partners, or on Display Network placements until you edit your ads or keywords to make them compliant with our policies,” the email, which was obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation, reads.

The ads, one 30 seconds long and the other 15 seconds, show clips from a campaign event on Sunday of protestors interrupting Blackburn’s moment of silence for the victims of the mass shooting at The Tree Of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh.

As Blackburn took the stage to speak to a crowd, she was interrupted multiple times by protesters calling her a “white supremacist.”

As protestors yelled, Blackburn’s supporters began chanting “USA” to drown them out.

The handful of protestors didn’t stop when Blackburn began a moment of silence for the 11 individuals who died in the shooting the previous day.

Blackburn’s campaign was planning to promote its ads, which it titled “Stop The Mob,” on Google’s various platforms and services, but Google would not approve them due to “shocking content,” the email from Google Ads said.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/30/goog ... -blackburn

This is apparently the ad in question:

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 7:31 pm

What would have happened this campaign season if Trump had made a "they all look alike" remark about black people?

Here's Hillary:

There Are Four Lights!

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 9:14 pm

I honestly wasn't sure which side this was supposed to be for. Because the label is red and there's a flag in the back, I thought it was supposed to be a Republican ad. But apparently it's a weirdo Democrat ad. Vote for the naked people! :lol:

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 8:00 am

Economy adds robust 250,000 jobs in October in last employment report before election

The economy added a healthy 250,000 jobs in October, the Labor Department said Friday in the last employment report before midterm elections that President Trump has cast as a critical referendum on his stewardship of the economy.

The unemployment rate was unchanged at a near 50-year low of 3.7 percent. Annual wage growth topped 3 percent for the first time in nine years.

Economists had estimated 200,000 jobs were added last month, according to a Bloomberg survey.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 850406002/

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 2:13 pm

But I thought Democrats were opposed to voter suppression? LOL.

Democrat ads threaten hunters with loss-of-license if they vote in North Dakota:

https://www.sayanythingblog.com/entry/n ... they-vote/

I’ve been writing about politics for more than 15 years now, and this is the first time I’ve ever heard of something like this.

I contacted Secretary of State Al Jaeger and asked if he’d ever heard of this claim before. “No,” he told me. “We’re not involved at all in the requirements for getting a hunting license. A question like what you have needs to be directed to the Game & Fish Department. I doubt that there’s any connection.”

“We’ve never heard of that,” Randy Meissner, the licensing manager for North Dakota Game & Fish, told me when I contacted him and read him the text of the ad. I sent him the links and screenshots for the ad and he said he was going to run the claim by his administration.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 8:53 pm

There Are Four Lights!

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 10:23 am

Whether you vote or not is recorded in a public record.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 10:29 am

Darmok wrote:

Extremists do not represent a whole, just like white on black violence is far from representing most right wingers.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 3:29 pm

I think at this point with modern voters, we should just let anyone vote.
Apparently the voters we have cannot tell the difference between a book return and a ballot box.
:lol:

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia