What if the U.S. was divided into Liberal & Conservative?

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 7:01 pm

Sounds like he’ll.
Also the conservatives would eventually conquer the liberal states and make them live how they want. That’s what happens when one group has guns and the other believes no one should have guns.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 8:53 pm

Gallup 2017 polls....the charts show conservatives dominate liberals

83% conservative vs 55% liberal

Overall: "Thirty-five percent of U.S. adults in 2017 identified as conservative and 26% as liberal"

69% of Republicans identify as conservative.

Only 50% of Democrats identify as liberals.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/225074/con ... igits.aspx

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 9:26 pm

sly279 wrote:
Sounds like he’ll.
Also the conservatives would eventually conquer the liberal states and make them live how they want. That’s what happens when one group has guns and the other believes no one should have guns.

anybody who thinks they can try that with me will have another think coming.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 9:27 pm

It can't happen soon enough that wa/or/ca divorces the rest of this sinking ship and allies with BC.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 9:52 pm

auntblabby wrote:
It can't happen soon enough that wa/or/ca divorces the rest of this sinking ship and allies with BC.

Canada doesn’t want Washington or its people.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 9:52 pm

auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Sounds like he’ll.

Huh?
How will you stop an invading army without guns?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 9:53 pm

sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Canada doesn’t want Washington or its people.

unfortunately, you're correct. :| oh well, we'll have to go it alone then. but nobody puts me in a corner.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 9:57 pm

sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Sounds like he’ll.

Huh?

there are many ways to outwit people with guns. guns are a brute-force thing, that is possible to finesse. I know somebody who is a martial artist who before you could blink could disarm you.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 10:12 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
If people are raised from birth in an environment where one side's point of view is implied to always be right over that of the other, which each side would have to do to preserve their bastion, is this not just indoctrination?

We're there.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 10:51 pm

Magna wrote:
Trogluddite wrote:
If people are raised from birth in an environment where one side's point of view is implied to always be right over that of the other, which each side would have to do to preserve their bastion, is this not just indoctrination?

We're there.

Oh yes, we've been there for centuries, that why I said...
Trogluddite wrote:
The situation resolves to just what you started with

(Fascinating to see how quickly speculation about what kind of war the proposal would lead to has broken out! Does this indicate a possible weakness in the idea, I wonder? :wink: )

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 10:57 pm

inevitably, the righties would chafe at the thought that somewhere, somehow, there was somebody different from them living in freedom to let their freak flag fly, and would go on an expedition to stamp them out.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2018, 2:11 am

auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Sounds like he’ll.

Huh?

there are many ways to outwit people with guns. guns are a brute-force thing, that is possible to finesse. I know somebody who is a martial artist who before you could blink could disarm you.

How’s he going disarm a sniper hundreds of feet away in a bush that he doesn’t even know is there?

Guns are abiut distance, hand to hand requires closeness.all those trainings to disarm people require the be close to you which is unrealistic for anything besides mugging. And are you going creat a army of martial artists?

Here’s what happens when army without guns fights one with guns, they don’t even get close. Skip to 3:20

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2018, 7:40 am

Sounds like a stupid idea to me. If I live in a given area,then I have the right to vote as I please. To tell me I can only vote for conservative or liberal in a given state is throwing out democracy.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2018, 8:35 am

Bravo Fnord for those blue and red posts. :)

It would be interesting to imagine if the red states were under Trump as they are now and the blue ones under Clinton. You have the United States, but two governments, and the people of the states are free to vote on which one they're governed by. You'd also under such a system be able to measure which government was superior to the other with both in power at the same time. And no more the side in power trying to do something and running into a brick wall from the other side. They'd both do what they wanted in the states under their control.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 4:39 am

sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Sounds like he’ll.

Huh?

How’s he going disarm a sniper hundreds of feet away in a bush that he doesn’t even know is there?

Guns are abiut distance, hand to hand requires closeness.all those trainings to disarm people require the be close to you which is unrealistic for anything besides mugging. And are you going creat a army of martial artists?

as long as you are going to fight dirty like that, you will live and I will die which is ok with me as I would not knuckle under to your horatio alger nonsense and live like a brute.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 6:02 am

auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Sounds like he’ll.

Huh?

as long as you are going to fight dirty like that, you will live and I will die which is ok with me as I would not knuckle under to your horatio alger nonsense and live like a brute.

In a fight for your life there is not such thing as honor. Sniping is a normal part of warfare. Hand to hand is 12th century warfare.

I don’t believe person insults are allowed
I do not live like s brute just cause I own guns. Sorry I lack the strength or ability to fight so I’ll keep my gun to protect my life from violent Antifa people and criminals who seek to hurt me.