Page 1 of 8 [ 126 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Prudolph
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Oct 2018, 11:41 am

So you pro-lifers are fine with all the kids born in Africa and Asia who end up living in the most dirty, cramped and disgusting conditions on the planet? Approximately 1 billion children already live in these conditions. And you are advocating to adding to that figure.
In the case of adoption, there are approximately 153 million children who are orphaned. There is absolutely no shortage of orphaned children already. Why not focus on having the already orphaned ones re-homed, rather than adding to that already substantial figure?
In the case of rape, the woman did not ask to spend 9 months carrying another human life, especially one that has come about due to the violation of her body and is a serious crime. Instead of blaming the woman for getting an abortion, the blame should solely be place on the rapist. If the rapist had not raped, there would have been no conception, therefore no foetus to abort. If I chain a door so people cannot leave whilst there is a fire which I did not start, I would still be charged with the crime of manslaughter. It's the same principle.

I'm curious as to what your position is on incest as well. Guess that's perfectly fine too, even though incest is linked to insanity as well as the fact the child will be the subject of ridicule its entire life, and more than likely will end up being brought up in care or by other family members, where they are more likely to be subjected to neglect and abuse.

AQ-49 of 50
EQ-7 of 60
RDOS:
Neurodiverse (Aspie) score is 183 of 200.
Neurotypical (Non-autistic) score is 31 of 200

INTJ-T Personality type

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 11:43 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
So far, this this thread has been a classic case of MANSPLAINING on what is clearly a women-only issue.
How is it a woman only issue though? The woman is not the only life involved? How does being a man mean you cannot have an opinion on something?
Sure, have your opinions. Tell us what you, a man, thinks about menstruation, lactation, and the pain of giving birth -- preferably from your own personal experiences.

The other life is inside the woman's body.

Only women get pregnant, only women get abortions, so only women should decide whether or not to get abortions, with or without any men's knowledge or consent.

So you have to have experienced something in order to vote on it? Only rich people earn millions should only they get to decide what tax they pay?

pommes et oranges.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 12:41 pm

Fnord wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
So you have to have experienced something in order to vote on it?
All I'm saying is that since only women can have abortions, only women should be allowed to decide if abortions should be legal.
Daniel89 wrote:
Only rich people earn millions should only they get to decide what tax they pay?
They already do, kid. They already do...

But that is not how democracy works that is not universal suffrage. If the rich selected their tax rate it would be zero they wouldn't be the biggest tax payers.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 12:45 pm

Prudolph wrote:
So you pro-lifers are fine with all the kids born in Africa and Asia who end up living in the most dirty, cramped and disgusting conditions on the planet? Approximately 1 billion children already live in these conditions. And you are advocating to adding to that figure.
In the case of adoption, there are approximately 153 million children who are orphaned. There is absolutely no shortage of orphaned children already. Why not focus on having the already orphaned ones re-homed, rather than adding to that already substantial figure?
In the case of rape, the woman did not ask to spend 9 months carrying another human life, especially one that has come about due to the violation of her body and is a serious crime. Instead of blaming the woman for getting an abortion, the blame should solely be place on the rapist. If the rapist had not raped, there would have been no conception, therefore no foetus to abort. If I chain a door so people cannot leave whilst there is a fire which I did not start, I would still be charged with the crime of manslaughter. It's the same principle.

I'm curious as to what your position is on incest as well. Guess that's perfectly fine too, even though incest is linked to insanity as well as the fact the child will be the subject of ridicule its entire life, and more than likely will end up being brought up in care or by other family members, where they are more likely to be subjected to neglect and abuse.

Pro lifers consider it to be murder, do you think those children should be murdered?

As an antinatalist I believe all pregnancies should be aborted as no child asks to be born and bringing an innocent person into an evil world where so many suffer whether than be poverty or rape is itself an act of evil.

Prudolph
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Oct 2018, 1:55 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
Prudolph wrote:

Pro lifers consider it to be murder, do you think those children should be murdered?

As an antinatalist I believe all pregnancies should be aborted as no child asks to be born and bringing an innocent person into an evil world where so many suffer whether than be poverty or rape is itself an act of evil.

So you would essentially support genocide against humankind by way of sterilisation or something like that?

AQ-49 of 50
EQ-7 of 60
RDOS:
Neurodiverse (Aspie) score is 183 of 200.
Neurotypical (Non-autistic) score is 31 of 200

INTJ-T Personality type

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 2:02 pm

Prudolph wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Prudolph wrote:

So you would essentially support genocide against humankind by way of sterilisation or something like that?

Well I would consider genocide to require murder. I just prefer to end all human suffering by sterilising everyone.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 3:24 pm

Prudolph wrote:

I wouldn't advocate shooting every kid in Africa either. Raise up the community, teach sex ed, anything good, but a poor life is better than no life.

in the us, there are 400,000 kids in foster care and only half are available for adoption, the average age is eight. As I already said, babies have no issue getting adopted in the us.

Two wrongs do not make a right, again instead of killing a child that did nothing, make the rapist pay more so. The one that actually did something. I'll use my own comparison, if someone illegally harvested an organ from you that you could live without, and an unknowing women was the recipient and it saved her life, would you have the right to take the organ back- which would kill her- or would you go after the person who stole your organ?

incest is wrong, but a child conceived in incest deserves the same rights and care as any other. It is not an excuse for abortion.

Neglect and abuse are issues that need to be better addressed, but the burden and blame should be on abusers, not children involved. Abuse is caused by terrible people doing terrible things, NOT a child's existence.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 3:27 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
Prudolph wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Prudolph wrote:

Well I would consider genocide to require murder. I just prefer to end all human suffering by sterilising everyone.

Forced sterilization is it's own issue (I am way against it ever, but prefer the idea of sterilizing everyone more than just certain groups), but technically genocide is rarely murder. Murder is an illegal killing of a human. Most genocide were legal.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 3:49 pm

Arganger wrote:
Murder is an illegal killing of a human.

Which in the Western World makes it impossible for abortion to be murder.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 4:13 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Arganger wrote:

As of now, yes. But it should be seen as and is as bad.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 4:17 pm

Arganger wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
Arganger wrote:

As of now, yes. But it should be seen as and is as bad.

That is a matter of opinion and based on your previous observation about genocide, I thought you were discussing facts.

Incidentally, in places and times where abortions are/were illegal they were not qualified as murder either. Curiously enough, neither is infanticide.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 4:18 pm

Murder is both a legal concept and a moral one. In Saudi Arabia they kill people for being gay I think most people would still consider that to be murder.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Oct 2018, 4:21 pm

I am pro-choice with no restrictions whatsoever.

I'm certainly not convinced by the "contraception exists" argument. Contraception doesn't work well enough - something that works for 97% of people with uteruses every year will still fail often enough to cause millions of pregnancies a year. In any case, people are allowed to change their mind.

Abortion is a procedure which gets increasingly more invasive as the zef develops. If someone is prepared to go through with that procedure despite how invasive it is, then they've clearly weighed it up very carefully and decided that it is not worth continuing with the pregnancy. Let them make their own decision. They know better than some bureaucrat or politician.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 4:28 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
... If someone is prepared to go through with that procedure despite how invasive it is, then they've clearly weighed it up very carefully and decided that it is not worth continuing with the pregnancy. Let them make their own decision. They know better than some bureaucrat or politician.
HEAR! HEAR!

Although I might amend that to say, “They know better than some male bureaucrat or male politician.”

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Oct 2018, 4:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
... If someone is prepared to go through with that procedure despite how invasive it is, then they've clearly weighed it up very carefully and decided that it is not worth continuing with the pregnancy. Let them make their own decision. They know better than some bureaucrat or politician.
HEAR! HEAR!

Although I might amend that to say, “They know better than some male bureaucrat or male politician.”

That's usually the case, but they also know better than people of any sex or none. Only the pregnant individual knows best about whether the zef should be carried to term.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 4:41 pm

Fnord wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
HEAR! HEAR!

Personally, I doubt that I could do it.

That being said, I still consider myself "pro-choice".

It's my choice to say no, not the choice of some misogynist politician -- and I believe other women should have equal rights to decide for themselves.

(bows out of political discussion now). 8)