The problem of cowering to and enabling SJW's

Page 3 of 13 [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 11:43 am

Aspie19828 wrote:
Social Justice Warriors and White knights are male Feminists that echo and support feminist agenda. Social Justice Warriors and White Knights are Beta male orbiters use nice guy approach to hang out with females that have Friend zoned them. The media plays a major role in creating Social Justice warriors and White knights that keep feminist society going. The media has brainwashed many people in Western society and it places too much pressure on guys to conform to a feminist society that works against them. The average woman in Western society gets bombarded by constant attention/validation on social media. The average woman is surrounding by a large network of White Knights and Social Justice Warrior and Beat Male orbiters. Other women are more critical of women and rightfully call them out.

From a young age male children are fed lies and nonsense by their parents and media and they are disempowered and told to be quiet and play the game. Females are empowered by their parents and the media and told you are worth it and you deserve better. No wonder Western society has huge issues, men have become more feminine and females have become more masculine. Social media reenforces feminist society by socially empowering women and socially disempowering the majority of men.

ha ha, what a bunch of conspiracy nonsense.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 2:38 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
It's getting way out of hand dude , it's PC gone mad.

It clearly triggered some SJW 8O They used the word white it must be racist :twisted:

Even if it was a racial slur you can't prove it , I see the injustice here.

Maybe it's a PR stunt. Are adverts deliberately being racist?

What injustice? those responsible for the image chose to remove it after receiving negative feedback, they were not forced to do anything. And all the world really lost was a dumb advert.

IDK kind of seems like a non issue to me.

Chose to remove it? No, no. They were forced to remove it by law, through the nefarious forces of Cultural Marxism, which is a totally real organisation that secretly rules the world along with the Illuminati, the NWO and the Rothschilds.

Just like how Hollywood is forced (by law) to include minorities in their movies. It's not like they're trying to make more money by appealing to more demographics. Definitely nothing to do with the free market.

/sarcasm

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2019, 4:14 am

Jordan Peterson's popular 12 Rules book banned by New Zealand booksellers because of Christchurch mosque massacre

Quote:
A national chain of bookstores in New Zealand has pulled copies of Jordan Peterson’s book 12 Rules for Life from sale, directly linking the decision to the massacre of 50 people in two mosques in Christchurch.

“Unfortunately, 12 Rules for Life is currently unavailable,” said a customer representative for Whitcoulls, the country’s largest bookseller with more than 50 stores in New Zealand and an online business.

“(It) is a decision that Whitcoulls has made in light of some extremely disturbing material being circulated prior, during and after the Christchurch attacks.

“As a business which takes our responsibilities to our communities very seriously, we believe it would be wrong to support the author at this time.”

The representative declined to provide her name as she was not authorized to comment to the media. Requests for comment and further explanation from company officials were not answered prior to deadline.

Whitcoulls did not explain any connection between Peterson and the Christchurch tragedy or the alleged gunman.

Among his fans are some white supremacy adherents, but neither Peterson nor his book is referenced anywhere in the 74-page manifesto allegedly released by the killer prior to the March 15 attacks.

Peterson is posing with a man in a T-shirt that says “I’m a Proud ISLAMAPHOBE” and, in smaller print, lists inflammatory slurs against Muslims and concludes: “I love dogs, bacon and the FREEDOM to hate Islam but not the individual.”

Peterson is travelling and could not be reached for comment.

“It is outrageous how the left improperly uses crises to attack their enemies and create false analogies. The rules teach assuming personal responsibility,” said Peterson’s lawyer for civil suits, Howard Levitt.

Levitt added he had not consulted with Peterson on this matter and was not speaking for him on it.

Remember this thread is not about SJW's but the enabling of them by the mainstream and how their way of life is becoming mainstream. This is an example of shutting down/no platforming based on emotion which are traits associated with SJW's. I have not followed the controversy about whether Jordan Peterson promotes bigotry or not all that much. He is or is not just as much a hate enabler after the Christchurch terrorist attack as he was before. This in a way goes even further than the subject of the thread. In the wake of the attack, there have not been as far as I know any calls to ban the professor. This decision seems to have been made not because of blowback but in anticipation of it.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 24 Mar 2019, 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2019, 4:50 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

As people are pointing out all over the net right now, this Whitcoulls bookstore has banned Peterson, who tells teenagers to clean up their rooms, but is still selling copies of Mein Kampf:

https://twitter.com/prageru/status/1108 ... 76/photo/1

There Are Four Lights!

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2019, 7:41 am

First I've seen of the shirt:

It's not wrong what it says, is it? And Islamophobia is a word that should be rejected, with anyone using it against you treated with utter disdain. It's just a stick to beat people into silence with so they don't talk about such uncomfortable truths as are written on that t-shirt.

The man has some set of balls to be wearing that. And just think about that and the difference there would be in your assessment of the size of his balls if it was a different religion he was criticizing on the t-shirt.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 6:58 pm

Sports teams dump Kate Smith's 'God Bless America' because of her racist songs

Quote:
For years, baseball's New York Yankees and hockey's Philadelphia Flyers have played singer Kate Smith's famous rendition of "God Bless America" during games.

But those long-time traditions have been halted over allegations that other songs performed by Smith -- one of America's biggest singing stars during the early 20th century -- are racist.

Smith is closely tied to the NHL's Philadelphia Flyers because she performed "God Bless America" before Flyers games in the 1970s. A year after her 1986 death, the team erected a statue in her honor outside of its arena.

Now the team won't play her version of the song during games and will cover up her statue.

We have recently become aware that several songs performed by Kate Smith contain offensive lyrics that do not reflect our values as an organization," the Flyers said in a statement to CNN.

The Yankees said the team also was no longer playing Smith's iconic 1939 version of the song. It had been a fixture at games since the September 11, 2001, attacks, the team said. It got pulled three games into the season on April 1.

One of them is her 1931 rendition of "That's Why Darkies Were Born," which has lyrics that read:
"Someone had to pick the cotton,
Someone had to plant the corn,
Someone had to slave and be able to sing,
That's why darkies were born"
The other is her 1933 recording, "Pickaninny Heaven," which asks "colored children" living in an orphanage to dream about a magical place "great big watermelons."
In a statement, the Yankees said they had "been made aware of a recording that had been previously unknown to us and decided to immediately and carefully review this new information. The Yankees take social, racial and cultural insensitivities very seriously. And while no final conclusions have been made, we are erring on the side of sensitivity."
Her version of the song has been replaced with other versions.

The first song is seemingly outwardly racist but it should be noted it was recorded by noted civil rights activist Paul Robeson. The second one is based on stereotypes and none of them is “God Bless America” of which her version is arguably the most stirring. Kate Smith’s rendition of the song is part of hockey history, the Flyers won most games when the song was played as well as two Stanley Cups. If we are going to ban every song made by bigots or have done bad things we need to ban most songs.

The Flyers and Yankees are virtue signaling.

I watched this when it happened, very memorable.

Kids looked bored or pissed.

Just reading the lyrics the song looks racist as hell. Listening to the song I have a different view the tone is of pain. I can see why Paul Robeson recorded it.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 12:46 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:
For years, baseball's New York Yankees and hockey's Philadelphia Flyers have played singer Kate Smith's famous rendition of "God Bless America" during games.

But those long-time traditions have been halted over allegations that other songs performed by Smith -- one of America's biggest singing stars during the early 20th century -- are racist.

Smith is closely tied to the NHL's Philadelphia Flyers because she performed "God Bless America" before Flyers games in the 1970s. A year after her 1986 death, the team erected a statue in her honor outside of its arena.

Now the team won't play her version of the song during games and will cover up her statue.

We have recently become aware that several songs performed by Kate Smith contain offensive lyrics that do not reflect our values as an organization," the Flyers said in a statement to CNN.

The Yankees said the team also was no longer playing Smith's iconic 1939 version of the song. It had been a fixture at games since the September 11, 2001, attacks, the team said. It got pulled three games into the season on April 1.

One of them is her 1931 rendition of "That's Why Darkies Were Born," which has lyrics that read:
The other is her 1933 recording, "Pickaninny Heaven," which asks "colored children" living in an orphanage to dream about a magical place "great big watermelons."
In a statement, the Yankees said they had "been made aware of a recording that had been previously unknown to us and decided to immediately and carefully review this new information. The Yankees take social, racial and cultural insensitivities very seriously. And while no final conclusions have been made, we are erring on the side of sensitivity."

The first song is seemingly outwardly racist but it should be noted it was recorded by noted civil rights activist Paul Robeson. The second one is based on stereotypes and none of them is “God Bless America” of which her version is arguably the most stirring. Kate Smith’s rendition of the song is part of hockey history, the Flyers won most games when the song was played as well as two Stanley Cups. If we are going to ban every song made by bigots or have done bad things we need to ban most songs.

The Yankees should also be banned from Yankee Stadium given their racist history of refusing to accept black players until 1950. And covering Smith's statue does not remove her from history. It just shows how small the brains are of those who do such things.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 3:02 pm

Flyers remove Kate Smith statue from Xfinity Live!

Quote:
First she was covered up. Now, apparently she is gone.

The bronze statue of the late singer Kate Smith has been removed from outside Xfinity Live! as the Flyers looked into racist lyrics she sang.

“While Kate Smith’s performance of “God Bless America” cannot be erased from its place in Flyers history, that rendition will no longer be featured in our game presentations. And to ensure the sentiments stirred this week are no longer echoed, earlier today we completed the removal of the Kate Smith statue from its former location outside of our arena,” the Flyers organization said in a statement issued Sunday afternoon.

The statement included the following quote from Flyers President Paul Holmgren: “The NHL principle ‘Hockey is for Everyone’ is at the heart of everything the Flyers stand for. As a result, we cannot stand idle while material from another era gets in the way of who we are today.”

Since 1969, the Flyers had played Smith’s version of Irving Berlin’s "God Bless America” before must-win games, where it proved to be just the inspiration needed. According to the Flyers, the team went 101-31-5 in games where Smith’s version of the song aired, including 3-1-0 when Smith sang the song live at the Spectrum beginning with the Flyers’ 1973 home opener against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Smith was born in Virginia in 1907. In 1931, she recorded “That’s Why Darkies Were Born,” written by Ray Henderson and Lew Brown, which includes the lyric, “Someone had to pick the cotton.” There is some question about whether there was a satirical nature to the song, which was also recorded by the African American artist and civil rights advocate Paul Robeson, and was referenced in the 1933 Marx Brothers film Duck Soup.

In the 1933 film Hello, Everybody!, Smith sang “Pickaninny Heaven,” which directs “colored children” living in an orphanage to fantasize about a place with “great big watermelons.”

The Flyers erected the statue of Smith, who died in 1986 at age 79, outside the Spectrum in 1987. After the Spectrum was demolished in 2011, Smith’s statue was moved to the parking lot of Xfinity Live!

Smith’s relatives on Saturday evening told USA Today that the family is “heartbroken” by the controversy.

Local Black Lives Matter activist Asa Khalif last week welcomed the move to cover up the statue and called for the Flyers to remove it.

Former Flyers VP on Kate Smith: The PC police have struck again | Opinion
Quote:
What’s caused the ruckus are songs she recorded in the 1930s that today are considered racist. The PC police have struck again.

Being the man responsible for first playing the wonderfully patriotic song at a Flyers game instead of the national anthem 50 years ago, I heard my phone explode as reaction on social media went viral and, for the most part, virulent.

Comments ranged from friends and fans vowing to turn in their tickets, to boycotting sponsors, to lamenting “a gutless decision” – as well as “It’s about time!”

As vice president of the Flyers, I first played the song on Dec. 11, 1969, to shake up the growing number of Flyers fans displaying a lack of respect during the pregame ritual of the national anthem at the Spectrum.

The nation was bitterly divided over the Vietnam War and racial unrest was tearing at our collective fabric. Many fans at Flyers games were apathetic or rude when it was played: sitting, chatting, eating, rarely removing hats, some even sitting having a smoke.

I wasn’t sure what song to use as a replacement but knew I had the right one when I found Kate’s vinyl record at a used-records store on South Street.

That fateful night at the Spectrum, the young, inexperienced Flyers were hosting the powerful Toronto Maple Leafs.

I gave the word to the sound booth and soon heard: “Ladies and gentlemen, would you please rise and join in singing Kate Smith’s recording of ‘God Bless America'?"

There was an eerie hush, followed by a growing buzz and some derisive shouts. By the time Kate’s amazing voice hit that impossible high ending note, the crowd was astir.
Ed Snider, the Flyers’ rather intense owner, was shocked. He bolted from his seat, stormed over to me and screamed in my face what he thought of my brainstorm.
“I told you I was thinking about doing it,” I said.

“But I didn’t think you were crazy enough to actually do it!” he shouted.

By the end of a crackling game in which the Flyers hustled, hit, and won, 6-3, fans streaming up the aisle told Snider how much they loved the song.

Ed came over to me sporting a warm, disbelieving smile and shaking his head.

“I don’t know how you did it, you crazy SOB,” he said, hugging me.
The next day The Inquirer snickered that since the Flyers had won one in a row, “they might want to keep her in the lineup!”

Thus was born the magical love affair between Kate Smith and “her boys,” a bunch of colorful, toothless Broad Street Bullies. Kate Smith quickly became a cherished member of the Flyers family and a Philly icon.

I played “God Bless America” only 21 times over the first three seasons – solely for a key game -- and it worked like a charm. The Flyers won 19 of those games, tied one, and lost only once, a far cry from their dismal losing records in those days. (By the end of the 2018-19 season, her record stood at a sparkling 101-31-5.)

It would be four long years before we could get Kate Smith to sing live before an adoring crowd at a Flyers game at the Spectrum.

Her New York agent flatly dismissed our many invitations.

“Miss Smith sings for presidents and kings, the pope,” he sniffed, “not for a hockey game.”
But Kate had an elderly uncle living in West Philly and he began sending her clippings of the Flyers’ good fortune. That’s all it took and she soon made the first of her four live game appearances at the opening game on Oct. 2, 1973, where the Flyers shut out Toronto, 2-0.

Maple Leafs goalie Doug Favell, a former Flyer, said when they rolled out the red carpet, “I knew we were cooked!”

If all good things must come to an end, I guess this was as good a magical run as any.
She thrilled and inspired millions around the globe as “America’s Songbird” and the signature song, given to Kate Smith by Irving Berlin with the stipulation that all royalties benefit the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, continues to raise millions of dollars for their cause.

How do I feel about her demise?
I’m disappointed, especially in the heavy-handed way she was dumped.
Yanking the song and clumsily covering the statue was harsh.

I’ve been asked what Snider, who had her statue erected and who served as a pallbearer at her 1986 funeral, would’ve done.

That’s hard to answer, but I do know he had a damn strong backbone.

Just as there is a vastly different culture today in America than 80 years ago, there is a much different culture at the Flyers and their parent, Comcast-Spectator.

Ed Snider and Kate Smith are gone. May they both rest in peace.

Lou Scheinfeld is a former executive with the Flyers, 76ers, and Eagles and was a close friend of Ed Snider for more than 50 years. He currently is president of The Museum of Sports, a national destination proposed for the Philadelphia Sports Complex.

Interesting. As shocking as it might be for people who were not around at the time to read about fans behaviors during the national anthem I remember going to games at Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium during the 70s where half the fans were respectful and half the fans acted the way that was described. That really changed at the time of the Iran hostage crises when the roaring displays of patriotism became the norm during pre game and in game ceremonies.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 10:29 am

What’s the story behind those Kate Smith songs with racist lyrics?

Quote:
Wildwood Mayor Ernie Troiano said his town would continue to play Smith’s rendition of “God Bless America” every morning along the boardwalk throughout the summer.

“It’s an Irving Berlin patriotic song that has nothing to do with anything other than America,” Troiano told WPHT’s Dom Giordano on Monday. “I can assure you that my conversation with the mayor of North Wildwood, Patrick Rosenello, is, we have no intentions of removing it.”

“That’s not a statement that we don’t understand what’s going on, and we’re ignorant to the history and all that. … We understand the history,” Troiano added. “But the world’s gotten so politically correct and so afraid that they’re going to offend somebody. … The song is greater than anything. So you know what? It’ll continue to play in Wildwood.”

At least somebody is not an enabler

The woman who gave us ‘God Bless America’ was too busy winning to care about being fat-shamed
Quote:
Smith alone raised $600 million in war bonds; during one February 1944 radio special, she raised a record $110 million in pledges. Between shows, she traveled nearly 520,000 miles to entertain American troops.

So in 2019 cringeworthy lyrics in two songs are deemed more important then the above. Our priorities are screwed up big time.

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 23 Apr 2019, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 11:01 am

^ This kind of sums it up:

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 2:09 pm

The Complicated DNA of ‘God Bless America’

Quote:
On Nov. 10, 1938, one day after Kristallnacht and the eve of Armistice Day, the radio and recording star Kate Smith, the “Songbird of the South,” spoke the following words on her weekly CBS show: “And now it’s going to be my very great privilege to sing for you a song that’s never been sung before by anybody … It’s something more than a song — I feel it’s one of the most beautiful compositions ever written, a song that will never die. The author, Mr. Irving Berlin. The title, ‘God Bless America.’”

The reaction was swift and powerful: America loved “God Bless America.”

Yet almost as soon as “God Bless America” was introduced, some of Berlin’s fellow citizens began reviling him for his presumption, as an immigrant and a Jew, in having written it at all. Isolationist America-Firsters, defending “The Star-Spangled Banner,” shouted down efforts to sing “God Bless America” at public gatherings. Though Berlin donated all royalties from the song to the Boy and Girl Scouts, many people accused him, in baldly anti-Semitic terms, of trying to profit from it. Jewish-conspiracy theories sprang up around the tune. The head of the pro-Nazi Protestant War Veterans of the United States wrote a letter to the director of the Girl Scouts of the U.S.A., accusing Berlin of paying “your organization $15,000 dollars to put over a (Jew) New National Anthem.”

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 2:11 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Clovis North student challenges CUSD over not being allowed to wear a "MAGA" hat
Quote:
A politically active Clovis North student is told she can't wear her "Make American Great Again" hat on campus. She's now challenging the school district's decision, saying her first amendment right is being violated.

"How does being a patriot in trying to show pride in your country, how is that inappropriate?"

Clovis North senior, Maddie Mueller doesn't shy away from sharing her political views or wardrobe. She is a member of the "Valley Patriots." the group asked their members to wear their maga hats on Februaury 20th. Maddie was told she couldn't on campus, so she asked if she could wear any trump hat with school colors on it, she says she was told no, citing the dress code.

"To my knowledge Trump is not a logo it's a last name, it's just our President, you can't claim the President is a logo, sports team or affiliated with any gang."

The Clovis Unified School District's dress code does not specify if political hats or shirts are allowed.

"Bottom line for us is the dress code is for kids to feel safe at school and free of distractions so they can focus on learning." said CUSD spokesperson, Kelly Avants.

"Here we are closer to shouting fire in a crowded theater."

Former federal district judge Oliver Wanger says the student's first amendment right is being stripped but the district may have the right to do so.

"If the hat is something that could invoke violence or invoke controversy, then for the sake of the safety for students the school is in their legal right."

Maddie says she's been dress coded repeatedly, for wearing t-shirts that say "build the wall."

"I don't care if I offend anybody I'm just showing support for the President and what I believe."

Maddie's parents support her mission but she says her mom believes the consequences could be severe.

"She's worried they may hold me from graduating if I continue to be vocal and do things like this."

Maddies says she has received some social media threats over this, but that will not stop her from living out her dream of becoming a congresswoman.

Who is the SJW here? The MAGA troll?

Waaa I can't troll my school, I have freedom of speech, don't take it from me.

Maybe it's because they have the hat policy and she is using her politics for it. Maybe the school doesn't allow politics except for in that class.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 3:47 pm

Drake wrote:

It's not wrong what it says, is it? And Islamophobia is a word that should be rejected, with anyone using it against you treated with utter disdain. It's just a stick to beat people into silence with so they don't talk about such uncomfortable truths as are written on that t-shirt.

The man has some set of balls to be wearing that. And just think about that and the difference there would be in your assessment of the size of his balls if it was a different religion he was criticizing on the t-shirt.

A lot of things on that shirt are hardly specific to Islam...and out of curiosity have you read the bible? If we had biblical laws in this country women wouldn't be much better off than if we had sharia law. Why can't someone simply oppose the things listed on the shirt without declaring themselves an Islamophobe?

Harpuia
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2019, 3:44 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Drake wrote:

A lot of things on that shirt are hardly specific to Islam...and out of curiosity have you read the bible? If we had biblical laws in this country women wouldn't be much better off than if we had sharia law. Why can't someone simply oppose the things listed on the shirt without declaring themselves an Islamophobe?

Depends on the Christian. Some feel new testament overrules the old which with them we might be better off than sharia law. Then you have the literalists... who could arguably make things worse.

Rdos: Your Aspie score: 126 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 90 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 3:58 am

Harpuia wrote:
Depends on the Christian. Some feel new testament overrules the old which with them we might be better off than sharia law. Then you have the literalists... who could arguably make things worse.

How could anyone build a moral code out of such an ambiguous religion?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 2:46 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

I watched this when it happened, very memorable.

Kids looked bored or pissed.

Just reading the lyrics the song looks racist as hell. Listening to the song I have a different view the tone is of pain. I can see why Paul Robeson recorded it.

Rotary Club drops Smith’s name on scholarship, at least for now
Quote:
Members of the Lake Placid Rotary Club had a lot to talk about this past weekend as Kate Smith's reputation was challenged over racist lyrics in a couple of songs she recorded in the early 1930s.

The question was posed, "Should the Rotary Club keep the name of its Kate Smith Scholarship Award?" The answer?

"For this year, we're just going to call it the Lake Placid Rotary Club Music Award and then go from there," said Rotary Club President Susan Friedmann

Since 1994, the Rotary Club has been giving out the scholarship to a deserving junior or senior at the Lake Placid High School interested in studying any form of music. It's traditionally been handed out around Smith's birthday, May 1. In 2018, then-junior Emma Bishop received a cash prize of $1,000 to be used for college applications or other college-related expenses.

"The last thing we want to do is to offend anybody, so we're actually in discussion as to what to do with regard to the name," Friedmann said. "We're not a political organization. ... We just want to stay safe and be part of the community and be well serving. Our motto is 'Service above self,' and that's what we want to do. We don't want to take any stands on anything."

Though originally from Virginia and Washington, D.C., Smith spent time in Lake Placid for about 35 years, including many summers at her Camp Sunshine on Buck Island in the village's namesake lake, where she turned the second floor of her boathouse into a recording studio. There is a memorial for her in the entry of St. Agnes Church, where she was baptized and confirmed as a Catholic in 1965, and to which she left a large bequest. She was inducted into the Lake Placid Hall of Fame. The Arts & Music Gallery at the Lake Placid-North Elba Historical Society features her records, sheet music and photos. She raised money for the Placid Memorial Hospital, the Uihlein Mercy Center and multiple youth programs. Her signature song, "When the Moon Comes Over the Mountain," is seen as a love letter to the Adirondacks. And finally, she was buried in a mausoleum at the St. Agnes Cemetery after she died in 1986 at the age of 79.

This woman raised $600,000,000 in war bonds and traveled 500,000 miles to entertain troops. Troops that were fighting for the United States not rebelling against it. This was in a successful effort to defeat not tiki torch carrying weekend warriors but actual Nazi Soldiers. In 1951 Josephine Baker a black singer was controversial because she refused to play to segregated audiences. She would shortly be banned from America for a time. This “racist” Kate Smith at probably some risk to her career booked her on her TV show. Kate Smith kept none of the profits from “God Bless America” they all went to the girl and boy scouts.

Let’s compare. What we have is WORDS from two songs and an advertisement verses the ACTIONS noted above. Lets be real. Most people under age 55 until this ruckus have probably never heard of Kate Smith. What they now know about her is she was some racist from another time that is being finally being called out and canceled. Now that is offensive.