Page 5 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 10:07 am

Fnord wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Why isn't the US arming the moderate rebels to fight against the regime?
Because Mr. Trump has no interest in a regime that has no oil reserves and that does not provide a tax shelter.
Which moderate rebels to fight what regime?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 10:41 am

MaxE wrote:
Fnord wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Because Mr. Trump has no interest in a regime that has no oil reserves and that does not provide a tax shelter.
Hmm ... lemme guess ... oh, I dunno ... maybe the regime that controls Paris ... ?

:roll:

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 1:47 pm

Fnord wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Fnord wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Hmm ... lemme guess ... oh, I dunno ... maybe the regime that controls Paris ... ?

:roll:
Have they joined the Axis of Evil?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 9:32 pm

There Are Four Lights!

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 5:45 am

@Darmok Who is the person speaking? Would be nice to have some idea of the source.

So far as I am concerned, these are just right-wing climate-change-denying tax protesters, basically the French equivalent of the Tea Party. The presence of Antifa types (who in the US are usually identified with the Left) is a red herring. If anything, these riots might be the start of a process that ultimately leads to what is usually thought of as "fascism" by most people (although people tend to have their own pet definition of "fascism").

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 11:16 am

The violent and destructive actions of the Antifas more closely align with Hitler's stormtroopers (Sturmabteilung).

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 11:54 am

jimmy m wrote:
The violent and destructive actions of the Antifas more closely align with Hitler's stormtroopers (Sturmabteilung).
The term "antifa" originated in East Germany. It means "anti-fascist".

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 1:09 pm

MaxE wrote:
The term "antifa" originated in East Germany. It means "anti-fascist".

That may be the origin of the word but look at the tactics that they use. It is the tactics of Anarchist.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 2:44 am

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 12:11 pm

^ How is gonna make men procreate?

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 12:25 pm

^
^anti-semitic sh!t

Grischa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2019, 4:43 pm

People get easily stuck in retorics - whether the protesters are right-winged or not or whatever - antifa, fascist, or whaterver

These people are basically folks with basic needs
they are folks that work too much for too less money, they get 10 euros an hour, work long hours,
think about all those cleaning ladies, parcel deliverers, for amazon and so, Mc Donalds workers, working till after midnight
they get easily sacked and have no rights, because work law is nowadays about "flexible contracts" that can be stopped at any time, and they think hey, what's this about;
their manager takes 200.000 euros a year for a bit of bla bla and they think hey, what's this about
they see immigrants coming because of humanitarian blabla, and think: who thinks about us

These protests are essentially about inequality
basic inequality in Europe

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 9:56 am

MaxE wrote:
^
^anti-semitic sh!t

What? I didn't even know he's Jew.

I was commenting on the first image where he was saying in french that one day men and women will be equal even in giving birth.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 10:20 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MaxE wrote:
^
^anti-semitic sh!t

I was commenting on the first image where he was saying in french that one day men and women will be equal even in giving birth.
He is Jewish, you can easily Google this information, and I find these cartoons highly reminiscent of propaganda that was being spread over Europe in the years before World War II. Note how they exaggerate the shape of his nose to remind the reader of traditional stereotype representations of Jews in Christian Europe.

As for your translation (I can also read French) I understand that it means that men and women would have equal reproductive rights (whatever that means) but you could be right, given the vicious tone of the rest of it. The only thing I don't understand is what the N. O. M. is.

Grischa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2019, 3:24 pm

NOM=Nouvel Ordre Mondial
New World Order

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 4:27 pm

MaxE wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MaxE wrote:
^
^anti-semitic sh!t

He is Jewish, you can easily Google this information, and I find these cartoons highly reminiscent of propaganda that was being spread over Europe in the years before World War II. Note how they exaggerate the shape of his nose to remind the reader of traditional stereotype representations of Jews in Christian Europe.

As for your translation (I can also read French) I understand that it means that men and women would have equal reproductive rights (whatever that means) but you could be right, given the vicious tone of the rest of it. The only thing I don't understand is what the N. O. M. is.

Manifestations of anti-Semitism in the context of ‘yellow jacket’ protest in France
Quote:
Results show that French Jews—the largest Jewish community in Europe with a total around 500,000—exhibit the highest level of concern over anti-Semitism (95 percent).

While the survey was conducted in May and June, an additional anti-Semitic element has come up over the last weeks as a result of the so-called “yellow jacket” social-protest movement against taxes imposed by the French government. The movement has led to extremely violent clashes between protesters and police, especially in the center of Paris. Most violent clashes erupted around the Champs-Elysées.

The Chabad House located on Champs-Elysées temporarily closed its doors last Shabbat for the first time in decades.

In another instance, a huge banner that was displayed on an overpass over the main highway between Paris and Marseilles accused French President Emmanuel Macron of being a “w—- to the Jews.” Macron was once called “President Rothschild” by an opposition politician in an anti-Semitic connotation reference to the president’s past functions as banker.

Social media networks have also been plagued with anti-Semitic sentiment in the last weeks. An anonymous source wearing a mask claimed, “it was the rich Jews who brought Macron to power so that he would be their puppet, and they are the ones who are pulling the strings. They caused him to nullify taxes on the assets of rich people, and they are responsible for the entire economic situation.”

At least several protesters in the “yellow jacket” movement have posted videos with anti-Semitic content. One far-right activist invited people to protest a Chabad menorah-lighting during Hanukkah, claiming that while France was suffering Jews were busy celebrating.

Since police forces in Paris have been mobilized primarily to restore the general order, the Jewish community has had to provide security on its own. The Jewish community also felt it necessary to recommend at least for the past Shabbat, against bringing children to the synagogues.

There has clearly been a spread of conspiracy theories on Internet,” Johanna Barase, from the Inter-Ministerial delegation to combat racism, anti-Semitism and anti-LGBT hatred in France (DILCRAH), a body which is under the authority of the Prime Minister, told European Jewish Press.

“The yellow jacket movement is not itself anti-Semitic but this protest is multiform, unorganized on national level and very autonomous. Because of that, there have been manifestations of racism and anti-Semitism in various forms, linking the Jews to the ‘power elites,’ ” she explains.

Moreover, some notorious anti-Semites like so-called humorist Dieudonné or Hervé Ryssen, both convicted several times for inciting hatred against Jews, have grafted themselves on the movement. “The yellow-jacket movement attracts anti-Semites who try to infuse theories like Jews, Zionists are the elites, the financiers …

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman