Page 8 of 53 [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 53  Next

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 6:43 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
O'Rourke to announce White House run Thursday morning: report
Quote:
Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas) will reportedly announce a 2020 White House bid Thursday.

The ex-congressman confirmed his plans to enter the race officially in a text message to El Paso NBC affiliate KTSM, which reported that O'Rourke will make his official announcement Thursday morning.

News of his definitive plans to run follow a Vanity Fair profile of O'Rourke published Wednesday in which he strongly hinted at a desire to pursue a presidential run.

“You can probably tell that I want to run,” he told Vanity Fair. “I do. I think I’d be good at it.”

Speculation has swirled around the possibility of O'Rourke announcing a White House run since last year, when he narrowly lost a bid to oust Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) by single digits.

Countdown is on then for the boards big Trumpers (you know which 2 I mean!) to start the personal attacks on Beto! :lol:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 11:23 am

Beto O'Rourke announces he's running for president in 2020

Quote:
Beto O'Rourke announced Thursday he is running for president, entering the 2020 race with a call for Americans to look past their differences in order to confront the challenges facing the country.

"You'll see us run the largest grassroots campaign this country has ever seen," O'Rourke told reporters in Iowa, where he held his first campaign event at a coffee shop in Keokuk. "It's the only way to win. It's the only way to effectively govern."
O'Rourke, who is starting a three-day swing through eastern Iowa, announced his entrance into the race with a video Thursday morning.

This is a defining moment of truth for this country and for every single one of us," the 46-year-old Democratic former congressman from Texas said in the video. "The challenges that we face right now, the interconnected crises in our economy, our democracy and our climate have never been greater."

"They will either consume us, or they will afford us the greatest opportunity to unleash the genius of the United States of America," he said.

O'Rourke said he will hold a kick-off rally for his campaign in El Paso, Texas, on March 30. His campaign headquarters will be in El Paso, he told CNN, because "it's my hometown and it's where I want to be."

O'Rourke began his Iowa trip -- which includes stops in eight counties that Barack Obama won in 2012 but Donald Trump won in 2016 -- in the state's rural southeastern corner, pledging to the crowds to listen to and address the concerns of those who believe they have been left behind in recent elections.

He said in Texas, farmers and others in rural areas face a lack of broadband internet access. "They can't go on Tinder to find that special date tonight," he said.

O'Rourke's short stump speech focused on climate change and immigration. Drawing a comparison to refugees who are currently arriving at the Southern border, which he said he doesn't view as a problem, he warned that climate upheaval would lead to a "crisis of a different magnitude altogether."

Answering questions from the crowd, O'Rourke praised the ambitious Green New Deal proposal, saying he hasn't "seen anything better that addresses this singular crisis we face -- a crisis that could, at its worst, lead to extinction."

He said he would end the federal prohibition of marijuana, pointing to incarceration rates and saying that those in prison "don't look like people in this room. They are browner and blacker."

Speaking to reporters afterward, he also answered questions about what sets him apart from the Democratic field of presidential candidates, who he said he will not criticize.
O'Rourke pointed to his life in a border community -- Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, is visible from his porch -- and the attention Trump has directed to the border.

"I have a profoundly positive story to tell that as a nation of immigrants, we should remind ourselves that our success, our strength and yes, our safety and security, depend on the fact that we are a city of immigrants in El Paso, a nation of immigrants across this country," he said.

Trump Mocks Beto O’Rourke’s Hand Movements: ‘Is He Crazy or Is That the Way He Acts?’
Quote:
President Donald Trump offered his first reaction to Beto O’Rourke‘s 2020 presidential campaign by invoking O’Rourke’s hand gestures and, apparently, questioning his mental condition.

Trump took questions from the Oval Office during his meeting with Irish prime minister Leo Varadkar, and he was asked for his thoughts on O’Rourke’s campaign announcement.

“He has a lot of hand movement. Is he crazy or is that just the way he acts?” Trump asked. “I’ve never seen hand movement, I watched him a little while this morning, doing, I assume some kind of a news conference. I’ve actually never seen anything quite like it. Study it. I’m sure you’ll agree.”

When asked if he’s concerned about anyone who’s challenging him for the White House in 2020, Trump shrugged it off by promising he’ll take on whoever the Democratic nominee turns out to be.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 12:14 pm

Beto: “I’m a capitalist. I don’t see how we’re able to meet any of the fundamental challenges that we have as a country without, in part, harnessing the power of the market,” O’Rourke recently told reporters.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/14/beto-or ... round.html

Good to see Democrats promote free markets and capitalism.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 1:36 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Beto O'Rourke announces he's running for president in 2020
Quote:
Beto O'Rourke announced Thursday he is running for president, entering the 2020 race with a call for Americans to look past their differences in order to confront the challenges facing the country.

"You'll see us run the largest grassroots campaign this country has ever seen," O'Rourke told reporters in Iowa, where he held his first campaign event at a coffee shop in Keokuk. "It's the only way to win. It's the only way to effectively govern."
O'Rourke, who is starting a three-day swing through eastern Iowa, announced his entrance into the race with a video Thursday morning.

This is a defining moment of truth for this country and for every single one of us," the 46-year-old Democratic former congressman from Texas said in the video. "The challenges that we face right now, the interconnected crises in our economy, our democracy and our climate have never been greater."

"They will either consume us, or they will afford us the greatest opportunity to unleash the genius of the United States of America," he said.

O'Rourke said he will hold a kick-off rally for his campaign in El Paso, Texas, on March 30. His campaign headquarters will be in El Paso, he told CNN, because "it's my hometown and it's where I want to be."

O'Rourke began his Iowa trip -- which includes stops in eight counties that Barack Obama won in 2012 but Donald Trump won in 2016 -- in the state's rural southeastern corner, pledging to the crowds to listen to and address the concerns of those who believe they have been left behind in recent elections.

He said in Texas, farmers and others in rural areas face a lack of broadband internet access. "They can't go on Tinder to find that special date tonight," he said.

O'Rourke's short stump speech focused on climate change and immigration. Drawing a comparison to refugees who are currently arriving at the Southern border, which he said he doesn't view as a problem, he warned that climate upheaval would lead to a "crisis of a different magnitude altogether."

Answering questions from the crowd, O'Rourke praised the ambitious Green New Deal proposal, saying he hasn't "seen anything better that addresses this singular crisis we face -- a crisis that could, at its worst, lead to extinction."

He said he would end the federal prohibition of marijuana, pointing to incarceration rates and saying that those in prison "don't look like people in this room. They are browner and blacker."

Speaking to reporters afterward, he also answered questions about what sets him apart from the Democratic field of presidential candidates, who he said he will not criticize.
O'Rourke pointed to his life in a border community -- Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, is visible from his porch -- and the attention Trump has directed to the border.

"I have a profoundly positive story to tell that as a nation of immigrants, we should remind ourselves that our success, our strength and yes, our safety and security, depend on the fact that we are a city of immigrants in El Paso, a nation of immigrants across this country," he said.

Trump Mocks Beto O’Rourke’s Hand Movements: ‘Is He Crazy or Is That the Way He Acts?’
Quote:
President Donald Trump offered his first reaction to Beto O’Rourke‘s 2020 presidential campaign by invoking O’Rourke’s hand gestures and, apparently, questioning his mental condition.

Trump took questions from the Oval Office during his meeting with Irish prime minister Leo Varadkar, and he was asked for his thoughts on O’Rourke’s campaign announcement.

“He has a lot of hand movement. Is he crazy or is that just the way he acts?” Trump asked. “I’ve never seen hand movement, I watched him a little while this morning, doing, I assume some kind of a news conference. I’ve actually never seen anything quite like it. Study it. I’m sure you’ll agree.”

When asked if he’s concerned about anyone who’s challenging him for the White House in 2020, Trump shrugged it off by promising he’ll take on whoever the Democratic nominee turns out to be.

If Trump is seriously ridiculing O'Rourke for his hand gestures, he obviously hasn't ever watched himself on video.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 2:39 pm

Definitely true. And they'd never call him "Beto" either.

There Are Four Lights!

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 3:33 pm

You know, the thought of Trump being elected again is quite scary, not because of Trump himself, more so because how idiotic a lot of Trump haters act. I'm not talking about everyone that hates Trump, I'm referring to the masses of people running around snatching white people out of their cars and beating them down, guilty of being old and white, "Yea, he 'looks' like a Trump voter, beat that M***** F***** down", people claiming they will leave the country and crying like children. These types of people are going to straight up flip out if Trump gets elected again and it's going to cause very serious problems. Or even the 'Russia-Collusion conspiracy theorists' that will never give up on trying to spread a conspiracy that lacks any evidence. The massive trend of legitimately 'fake news', I mean good god, the guy is riddled with faults, couldn't they stick with that rather than attempting to deceive people, pretty much promoting civil war. They truly are enemy of the people, anyone who promotes division of the people are enemy of the people. Whether you like Trump or not, how bad do you think the radicals are going to act if he gets elected again??

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 3:50 pm

Crimadella wrote:
You know, the thought of Trump being elected again is quite scary, not because of Trump himself, more so because how idiotic a lot of Trump haters act. I'm not talking about everyone that hates Trump, I'm referring to the masses of people running around snatching white people out of their cars and beating them down, guilty of being old and white, "Yea, he 'looks' like a Trump voter, beat that M***** F***** down", people claiming they will leave the country and crying like children. These types of people are going to straight up flip out if Trump gets elected again and it's going to cause very serious problems. Or even the 'Russia-Collusion conspiracy theorists' that will never give up on trying to spread a conspiracy that lacks any evidence. The massive trend of legitimately 'fake news', I mean good god, the guy is riddled with faults, couldn't they stick with that rather than attempting to deceive people, pretty much promoting civil war. They truly are enemy of the people, anyone who promotes division of the people are enemy of the people. Whether you like Trump or not, how bad do you think the radicals are going to act if he gets elected again??

Anti-Trump people who have acted badly have done so because of the support Trump's gotten from white nationalists, and by Trump's own lax attitude toward racist groups.
The fact that Trump's people met with Russian agents, and that Trump has been conducting shady business with Russian organized crime/oligarchs for years now, alone screams that there's something to collusion.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 9:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Crimadella wrote:

Anti-Trump people who have acted badly have done so because of the support Trump's gotten from white nationalists, and by Trump's own lax attitude toward racist groups.
The fact that Trump's people met with Russian agents, and that Trump has been conducting shady business with Russian organized crime/oligarchs for years now, alone screams that there's something to collusion.

You know how very old that argument gets? Of course not. Trump is not a white supremacist nor has he promoted white supremacy, in fact he has repeatedly commented on how awful they are, that weak argument with no evidence gets very tiring. So does the Russia collusion, at least have the decency to drop it until they actually find some way to prove it, so far they have came up with nothing and one can safely say it is most defiantly not from a lack of trying, that's been the main focus of the left and the corrupt FBI the entire time he has been in office, surely if it had any truth in it we would know by now. Unlike Hillary, the FBI is certainly not protecting Trump, they are trying their hardest to 'get him' on anything.

If one drops the fabricated conspiracy theories, no, Trump being elected does not justify people acting like like grown children and most certainly does not justify them for physically attacking people for voting for Trump, unless you think we should have a civil war over a deference in political opinions. No one is calling for the extremely small percentage of people known as 'white supremacists' to rise up. That's like your most common argument that is also extremely riddled in lack of evidence. I don't expect you to stop it either, I have learned that already. 150,000 out of 350,000,000 is nothing, there are more people with schizophrenia than people with 'white supremacy' beliefs, do you also think we are in danger of being taken over by people with schizophrenia? And sure, Trump saying things like "white supremacists are bad people, horrible people' shows his strong support for white supremacy and his stand to bring it back (sarcasm).

Besides all of that, take a minute to bypass your invalid beliefs about Trump and examine what I'm saying, how bad do you think the 'idiots'(because that is what they are) are going to react if Trump gets elected again?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 10:10 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Crimadella wrote:

You know how very old that argument gets? Of course not. Trump is not a white supremacist nor has he promoted white supremacy, in fact he has repeatedly commented on how awful they are, that weak argument with no evidence gets very tiring. So does the Russia collusion, at least have the decency to drop it until they actually find some way to prove it, so far they have came up with nothing and one can safely say it is most defiantly not from a lack of trying, that's been the main focus of the left and the corrupt FBI the entire time he has been in office, surely if it had any truth in it we would know by now. Unlike Hillary, the FBI is certainly not protecting Trump, they are trying their hardest to 'get him' on anything.

If one drops the fabricated conspiracy theories, no, Trump being elected does not justify people acting like like grown children and most certainly does not justify them for physically attacking people for voting for Trump, unless you think we should have a civil war over a deference in political opinions. No one is calling for the extremely small percentage of people known as 'white supremacists' to rise up. That's like your most common argument that is also extremely riddled in lack of evidence. I don't expect you to stop it either, I have learned that already. 150,000 out of 350,000,000 is nothing, there are more people with schizophrenia than people with 'white supremacy' beliefs, do you also think we are in danger of being taken over by people with schizophrenia? And sure, Trump saying things like "white supremacists are bad people, horrible people' shows his strong support for white supremacy and his stand to bring it back (sarcasm).

Besides all of that, take a minute to bypass your invalid beliefs about Trump and examine what I'm saying, how bad do you think the 'idiots'(because that is what they are) are going to react if Trump gets elected again?

Trump used racist memes during his campaign, such as the Jewish Star Of David on a poster with Clinton and money, or his claim that most white homicide victims have been killed by blacks, or claiming there were good people among racists at Charleottesville (spelling). Then there was his equating Mexican illegals with criminals out to take white jobs. Trump had built his whole political career on the completely racist birther lie. Even if Trump doesn't believe all of this personally, he cynically has used it to enthrall the worst in people.
Did you express any outrage about the birther lie directed at Obama, or that he was a member of a radical anti-white church, or that he was the Anti-Christ?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 10:31 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Even if Trump doesn't believe all of this personally, he cynically has used it to enthrall the worst in people.

This is what I've been going with.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 10:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Crimadella wrote:

Trump used racist memes during his campaign, such as the Jewish Star Of David on a poster with Clinton and money, or his claim that most white homicide victims have been killed by blacks, or claiming there were good people among racists at Charleottesville (spelling). Then there was his equating Mexican illegals with criminals out to take white jobs. Trump had built his whole political career on the completely racist birther lie. Even if Trump doesn't believe all of this personally, he cynically has used it to enthrall the worst in people.
Did you express any outrage about the birther lie directed at Obama, or that he was a member of a radical anti-white church, or that he was the Anti-Christ?

Notice how it's only a small portion of the left that act like that and that it effects, part of the problem is left wing media outlets spreading lies, people actually believe trump openly supports white supremacy because of left wing media making things up and taking things out of context. Left winged media seems to be tactically trying to divide people, not Trump. Trump wants votes like every politician, making people hate you by saying stupid things is not a good strategy for gaining support.

Just notice this to see I'm telling the truth...

Why do you think far left ideologies are commonly being promoted among left wing journalists and very often mainstream media? The fact is only a small portion of the left even has those views, so why is the media abandoning the majority of democrats views to promote the ideologies of 12% to 18%?

In fact, I have heard reports just recently that democrats are starting to make it clear that the are separate from the 'far-left', they don't want anything to do with them nor their main leader Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez which might I add is already under investigation for doing some fishy things with a lot of money, 1 million moved around from a pac to a company so she doesn't have to report on how she is spending it, the exact 'dark money' tactics she was speaking out against. Even democrats are starting to attack her because she has been attacking everyone who doesn't agree with the far-left, even democrats.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 10:49 pm

I sure am getting tired of explaining this one, maybe I should make a topic for it????

Wrong. That is what the manipulating journalists on the left report, that is factually untrue, even though it is stated as a fact at snopes fact check. I have watched the announcement where that lie derived from, it was about Charlottesville, Va. There were three groups of people, white supremacists who marched the night before, Trump supporters doing a rally the next day and antifa which showed up to protest the rally. Trump said, "there were fine people on both sides", the 2 sides he was referring to were the two sides who started fighting, Antifa and Trump supporters, not white supremacists. One journalist yelled out, "Are you saying that there were some fine people among the white supremacists?", Trump specifically replied, "No! white supremacists are bad people, horrible people.", that's why I placed that line in my original post. If you search "Trump fine people" on youtube you can find a 7-13 minute clip which shows the whole thing. That's why you cannot trust left-wing media when it comes to Trump, they constantly lie. The sad thing is he directly clarified that he was not saying white supremacists where fine people, he said other bad things about the white supremacists also, that's just the only line I remember. It's so sad to see the extremely low level of the left, how they can have something called 'fact check' that spreads a lie that is very easy to confirm as a lie.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 12:43 am

Crimadella wrote:
I sure am getting tired of explaining this one, maybe I should make a topic for it????

Wrong. That is what the manipulating journalists on the left report, that is factually untrue, even though it is stated as a fact at snopes fact check. I have watched the announcement where that lie derived from, it was about Charlottesville, Va. There were three groups of people, white supremacists who marched the night before, Trump supporters doing a rally the next day and antifa which showed up to protest the rally. Trump said, "there were fine people on both sides", the 2 sides he was referring to were the two sides who started fighting, Antifa and Trump supporters, not white supremacists. One journalist yelled out, "Are you saying that there were some fine people among the white supremacists?", Trump specifically replied, "No! white supremacists are bad people, horrible people.", that's why I placed that line in my original post. If you search "Trump fine people" on youtube you can find a 7-13 minute clip which shows the whole thing. That's why you cannot trust left-wing media when it comes to Trump, they constantly lie. The sad thing is he directly clarified that he was not saying white supremacists where fine people, he said other bad things about the white supremacists also, that's just the only line I remember. It's so sad to see the extremely low level of the left, how they can have something called 'fact check' that spreads a lie that is very easy to confirm as a lie.

The same white supremacists who were there the day before were the exact same people who were there when Heather Heyer was murdered. That includes not just the murderer, but also David Duke, and the "crying Nazi."

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 5:19 am

Crimadella wrote:

I am afraid of the post election period no matter who wins. The losing side is going to feel the election was stolen from them.

If Trump wins his opponents are going to feel there is nothing to lose, the only way to stop America from becoming the Fourth Reich, Putin puppet state etc is through violence. The racist element of his base will conclude that all the power of the “deep state”, the “liberal” media, the Jewish bankers etc could not stop them, thus no need for any restraint.

Trump’s relection would be the ultimate black mark on America. Trumps election can be explained that Hillary was the worst possible, candidate, complacency born of belief that Trump could never win, or if he did that the responsibilities of the office would change him. None of that will be in play if we decide to rehire him. It would show the progressives to be completely pathetic.

If Trump loses I do not think he will leave volunterly, he is going to have to be escorted or carried out by Federal Marshals. The video of that will be cause deep emotional reaction. Violence often occurs not when people feel totally beaten down but after some progress gives hope and frustration the progress is not fast enough. Think 60s riots. That will be Trump voters who are going to feel their victory was stolen.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 10:40 am

Current poll of the Democrat field has Biden at 35%, Sanders at 27%, and everybody else in single digits.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6730.html

There Are Four Lights!

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 11:19 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Crimadella wrote:

I am afraid of the post election period no matter who wins. The losing side is going to feel the election was stolen from them.

If Trump wins his opponents are going to feel there is nothing to lose, the only way to stop America from becoming the Fourth Reich, Putin puppet state etc is through violence. The racist element of his base will conclude that all the power of the “deep state”, the “liberal” media, the Jewish bankers etc could not stop them, thus no need for any restraint.

Trump’s relection would be the ultimate black mark on America. Trumps election can be explained that Hillary was the worst possible, candidate, complacency born of belief that Trump could never win, or if he did that the responsibilities of the office would change him. None of that will be in play if we decide to rehire him. It would show the progressives to be completely pathetic.

If Trump loses I do not think he will leave volunterly, he is going to have to be escorted or carried out by Federal Marshals. The video of that will be cause deep emotional reaction. Violence often occurs not when people feel totally beaten down but after some progress gives hope and frustration the progress is not fast enough. Think 60s riots. That will be Trump voters who are going to feel their victory was stolen.

I agree with most of what you said. The things I disagree with is 'Trumps racist base' and 'Trump will refuse to leave'. I think that Trump refusing to leave because he doesn't get re-elected is quite an odd leap with no evidence to suggest it. He isn't trying to be a dictator, he relies on votes, I bet you 100% that if Trump dosen't get re-elected he will simply leave, he isn't going to try to stay when someone else gets elected. It's pointless to debate that or predict it, I seriously doubt that is going to be an issue, time will tell.

The other point, I think it is insane that people suggest that Trumps base is racist, I get tired of hearing that, it derives from white supremacists supporting him, white supremacists make up a very tiny fraction of 1% of the population, outside of that, which isn't enough to amount to anything and that is not his base, it leaps onto a conspiracy that the majority of people who voted for Trump are racist and there is absolutely no evidence of this proposal. I seriously doubt that the incredibly small portion of white supremacists are going to start trouble if trump doesn't get elected, they are heavily outnumbered, you are talking about an estimated 150,000 people out of 327 million, that's not enough people to help anyone, therefor it would be rather ridiculous to openly speak out for the as a political candidate and would guarantee political courier suicide.

Also add in that 18% to 20% of Bernie Sanders supporters voted for Trump because they did not want to vote for Hillary. I do agree that more than likely that is the only reason he won, because the only other option was Hillary, IMO that would be a even more horrible option than Trump, that woman just strikes me as pure evil and willing to lie about anything to get votes.