Page 40 of 53 [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 53  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 8:08 pm

Live results from New Hampshire, with 9% reporting so far:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... sults.html

Sanders at 27%.

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 8:16 pm

Andrew Yang drops out of presidential race

Quote:
Andrew Yang, a New York businessman whose unusual presidential campaign rose to prominence with a plan to give Americans $1,000 a month, is dropping out of the Democratic race.

Initially seen as a longshot candidate, Yang used a savvy social media strategy to garner legions of devoted followers who referred to themselves as the "Yang Gang."

A senior adviser to the Yang campaign told NBC News the timing of his departure was also built on "math."

“There comes a time where you look to see what a path to victory can and should be, and he’s willing to let the numbers guide his decision making, ” the aide said in reference to the delegates needed to make it to the Democratic National Convention.

“At the end of the day, the American people and the democratic electorate are scared, and they’re looking for a comfortable answer to the question: what is it going to take to beat Donald Trump?,” the aide said.

Yang’s campaign had around 300 staffers as of early January, and recently made headlines for how it handled the layoffs of "dozens" after a disappointing one-percent finish in Iowa.

“I think if you had a crystal ball and perfect information given what happened in Iowa, you probably would invest differently,” Yang told NBC News at one of his final campaign events in Manchester.

“I'm really proud of the fact that I've activated and energized many people that are new to politics,” he told reporters this week. “I don't think they're going anywhere. I think that we can be this movement that keeps on pushing until we actually get some of these solutions across the finish line.”

Earlier Tuesday, Yang hinted at a future run in 2024.

“As long as the problems are still there, I’d like to help solve them,” he said. “So certainly I am very open to running again if that's the best way to serve.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 8:49 pm

Bernie's got New Hampshire wrapped up already, with 20% reporting. Biden is toast.

Sanders 14,774 28.2
Buttigieg 12,023 23.0
Klobuchar 10,222 19.5
Warren 5,715 10.9
Biden 4,171 8.0

Live results through the evening:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... sults.html

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 10:39 pm

68% reporting:

Sanders 49,176 26.2
Buttigieg 44,870 23.9
Klobuchar 37,314 19.8
Warren 17,535 9.3
Biden 15,651 8.3

Biden and Warren are both toast.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 10:55 pm

Yang has dropped out.
Michael Bennet has dropped out. (Who?)
Deval Patrick has dropped out.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 11:19 pm

New Hampshire is being called for Bernie.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 1:42 am

2020 - New Hampshire Live Results

86% Reporting

Candidate Votes Percent Delegates
Sanders 71,759 25.7 9
Buttigieg 68,141 24.4 9
Klobuchar 55,164 19.8 6
Warren 25,899 9.3 0
Biden 23,475 8.4 0

Biden and Warren will limp on until South Carolina, but they're done.

There Are Four Lights!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 2:55 am

biden at this point seems like a dead man walking.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 3:24 am

^Reminding everyone that he’s just as capable as the current president is of singling out individual citizens with insulting invective probably sealed his fate on that one.

Wasn’t expecting Sanders to do so well: but he is, if not on home turf, at least home turf adjacent...
Does give him the look of a winner though, and I think folks like voting for people they perceive as winners.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Feb 2020, 3:35 am

Not being American, I hadn't heard of Amy Klobuchar until yesterday. I'm sure any of the current top three would be better than the current WH occupant. I'm sure many people in the world are shocked by his shameful plans to amend the Environmental Protection Act.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 3:44 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Not being American, I hadn't heard of Amy Klobuchar until yesterday.

I think you'd find that many Americans have never heard of her either.

The one thing she's known for is having a long record of being abusive to her staff (note that most of the top listed stories here are coming from left-wing sources):
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=klobuchar+abu ... ave&ia=web

There Are Four Lights!

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2020, 5:17 am

A pathetic performance by Biden. The Jeb! Bush of this cycle it would seem. Except that Bush only ran that one time, whereas Biden has been a contender for arguably several decades.

This is probably the end of Buttigieg's time in the spotlight, given how the demographics become less favourable for him now. A good showing by Klobuchar, but probably not enough to pick up sufficient momentum.

Oh, and Warren is surely toast now too. The path seems to be slowly clearing for a Sanders-Bloomberg showdown. Should be fun.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 6:41 am

does anybody here believe there will be a "brokered convention" coming up?

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 7:27 am

Klobuchar is one of the senators from my state. I don't recall how many terms she's served, but she's had no competition in what has been a Democratically controlled state for years. We hear very little of her or any accomplishments. Minnesota is like a lot of states in the U.S.: Solidly blue and dominated as such by the metro areas and solidly red over the rest of the entire state. I find the reports of her mistreatment of staff to be very troubling as well.

Biden teased everyone early on as to whether he was or wasn't going to run. Remember that? Nobody cared. He was like the guy that thinks he's God's gift when everyone around that guy thinks he's a loser. The more he teased about whether he was going to run, the more I, and I think many others just went :roll: :roll: :roll: . I think delaying his announcement like that started him off on bad footing right from the get go.

Bloomberg: If he gains traction, I wonder how he'll fare across the country. I wonder if Democrats will view him favorably given that fact that he's literally trying to buy the nomination. Wouldn't it be nice buy a bunch of ads, not campaign or debate at all, not shake anyone's hand and become president? How does the public vet you? Weird and kind of creepy, actually.

Brokered convention? It will be interesting to see.

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 8:39 am

Darmok wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:
Not being American, I hadn't heard of Amy Klobuchar until yesterday.

I think you'd find that many Americans have never heard of her either.

The one thing she's known for is having a long record of being abusive to her staff (note that most of the top listed stories here are coming from left-wing sources):
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=klobuchar+abu ... ave&ia=web

ddg :salut:

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Feb 2020, 9:23 am

What's ddg?

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/