Page 27 of 53 [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 53  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 3:35 pm

Joe Walsh expected to announce presidential run: report

Quote:
Former Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) is reportedly expected to announce his candidacy for president, becoming the second prominent Republican to challenge President Trump for the party's nomination.

The New York Times reported Wednesday that Walsh, now a radio host, will announce his candidacy as early as the weekend. Walsh argued in an op-ed for the newspaper last week that the president needed a primary challenge from the right and told the Times in an interview that he would announce his intentions before Labor Day.

Walsh would join former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld (R), who announced his candidacy earlier this year, as the second Republican challenger to mount the long-shot challenge against Trump, whose approval rating among Republicans has hovered above 50 percent since he took office in 2017

The former congressman supported Trump during the 2016 election but has hammered the president for his conduct in the years that followed. Earlier this year, he sharply criticized Trump over behavior outlined in Robert Mueller's report that detailed the results of the special counsel investigation into the Trump campaign.

"I don't know how anybody can read this report and think, 'This is behavior that we want in our president,'" he told CNN's Brooke Baldwin at the time.

"Criminal behavior, who knows?" he added. "But, boy, dishonest, immoral, unethical? Heck yes it is. And I’ll tell you, Brooke, every Republican on Capitol Hill agrees with what I just said. They can’t say that publicly."

Walsh previously served one term in Congress as a Tea Party-aligned Republican and swiped at Weld as a centrist earlier this month in the Times op-ed.

“The president is more vulnerable to a challenge from the right. I’m on the right, and I’m hugely disappointed that challenge hasn’t yet materialized,” Walsh wrote at the time.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 3:48 pm

^Seems to me, he doesn't have a chance in hell of beating an incumbent president. Seems to me, he should just turn his pretty head and walk away. (HAHA! I kill myself sometimes.)

Oscar Meyer Lansky

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Aug 2019, 5:01 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Climate Change is supposed to be the existential issue that fires up the base. Yet the Australian election, the Yellow vest movement and Inslee’s early exit are indications of the opposite.

The issue Inslee has isn't that the public isn't concerned about climate change, it's that they're not interested in the difference between meticulously-researched and detailed policies and "I will do A LOT". In fact, details are usually harmful.

Whoever gets in the White House will probably just end up adopting something very similar to Inslee's policies, so they're not a good reason to vote for Inslee. Much better to support whoever you prefer out of the leading candidates so that your stance on the wedge issues is represented.

The yellow vest affair is not a revolt by the political base on a single issue, it's a multi-faceted anti-establishment protest where anger at fuel duty is just one of the many contributing factors. The protestors are overwhelmingly non-voters, far-right, or far-left; they've generally been looking for any excuse to protest against the Macron government.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 4:17 am

i feel tremendous discouragement with the thought that there are some creatures who actually think our dear leader is not conservative enough. theocracy here we come.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 7:25 pm

Seth Moulton Drops Out of the 2020 Presidential Race

Quote:
Rep. Seth Moulton (D-MA) on Friday announced his plans to drop out of the 2020 presidential race. “I think it’s evident that this is now a three-way race between Biden, Warren, and Sanders, and really it’s a debate about how far left the party should go,” he said in an interview with The New York Times. Moulton’s campaign promoted centrist politics and emphasized his military service, but he gained little support in the primaries. “Candidly, getting in the race late was a mistake,” he said. “It was a bigger handicap than I expected.” Moulton told the Times he won’t endorse another candidate “right away” but praised former Vice President Joe Biden. “Anybody in this race will be better than Donald Trump and I will enthusiastically support whoever the nominee is,” he said.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 7:46 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Who?

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 4:52 am

Darmok wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Who?

Seth Moulton - Wikipedia

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 2:42 pm

I just learned today that Tulsi Gabbard said that if she fails to win the Dem nomination, she will support whomever does emerge as the winner. I'm done with her, now. From here on out, I will only support independents and third-party candidates.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 12:10 am

i wish the other side had its own country, so i could worry a lot less about casting my lot with somebody like andrew yang, without the danger that my one vote denied a more mainstream candidate prevented him or her from prevailing over a rightie.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 6:52 am

The_Walrus wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Climate Change is supposed to be the existential issue that fires up the base. Yet the Australian election, the Yellow vest movement and Inslee’s early exit are indications of the opposite.

The issue Inslee has isn't that the public isn't concerned about climate change, it's that they're not interested in the difference between meticulously-researched and detailed policies and "I will do A LOT". In fact, details are usually harmful.

Whoever gets in the White House will probably just end up adopting something very similar to Inslee's policies, so they're not a good reason to vote for Inslee. Much better to support whoever you prefer out of the leading candidates so that your stance on the wedge issues is represented.

The yellow vest affair is not a revolt by the political base on a single issue, it's a multi-faceted anti-establishment protest where anger at fuel duty is just one of the many contributing factors. The protestors are overwhelmingly non-voters, far-right, or far-left; they've generally been looking for any excuse to protest against the Macron government.

False. They are just normal French people that have had enough of the Macron regime. He was the final straw once he proved to be a crook. He's been blowing people's hands off and people's eyes out of their sockets. But our media is virtually silent.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 6:54 am

auntblabby wrote:
i wish the other side had its own country, so i could worry a lot less about casting my lot with somebody like andrew yang, without the danger that my one vote denied a more mainstream candidate prevented him or her from prevailing over a rightie.

Very fascistic comment.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 6:58 am

whatever. :roll:

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 8:49 pm

The man needs to retire. I can't stand him, but this is really painful to watch.

There Are Four Lights!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 9:11 pm

the orange menace needs to retire first before he hurts himself.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 3:47 pm

This was hysterical!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 4:23 pm

I wish they'd send some of their "inequality" in my direction.

There Are Four Lights!