Yale Psychiatrist: Trump fans have trait that

Page 4 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

b9
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 5:04 am

if you are in a submarine that springs a leak, you have to patch it up fast or you will drown.

i am in australia so i have no personal connection to this, but i think it is sound reasoning.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 8:30 am

It seems the thread moved a little too quickly & sly may not have noticed these questions I have for him:

goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:
Seems an awful waste of money that could be put to better use.

Not the first time, indeed, but when last did a C in C threaten to bypass Congress and invoke a state of emergency? Not likely to happen in peacetime, but still not the right way to do things.

I don’t think it’s a waste. The navy wasted 30 billion on ships they immediately stopped using.
5 billion isn’t alot for governments.

Obama threaten and did bypass congress all the time
“I have a pen and paper” Obama

Why don’t you think it’s a waste?

goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:
I'd have thought he would lose what support he had with his crazy insistence on getting his own way with the wall and threatening to overrule Congress. But no; diehard supporters will excuse anything he says or does, until the day he invokes Order 66!

Maybe they elected him to build a wall, so they support him upholding his promise to build a wall.
Hardly the first time government has been shut down to get what president wants.

He also promised that it would be made of concrete, be 30’ tall, and that Mexico would pay for it.

Why aren’t his voters holding him to any of the rest of his wall promises? Why should American taxpayers pay the bill for something he promised Mexico would pay for?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 10:52 am

just to clarify, my previous post was in reference to the "wall" and the ingress of illegal immigrants.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 1:13 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:
I'd have thought he would lose what support he had with his crazy insistence on getting his own way with the wall and threatening to overrule Congress. But no; diehard supporters will excuse anything he says or does, until the day he invokes Order 66!

Maybe they elected him to build a wall, so they support him upholding his promise to build a wall.
Hardly the first time government has been shut down to get what president wants.

He also promised that it would be made of concrete, be 30’ tall, and that Mexico would pay for it.

Why aren’t his voters holding him to any of the rest of his wall promises? Why should American taxpayers pay the bill for something he promised Mexico would pay for?

That's not necessarily ruled out long term. There's ways of getting extra money out of other counties through tariffs and such. Businessmen are good at figuring out tactics of that sort. A question would be how much of Mexico's GNP comes from doing business with the US.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 3:23 pm

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

That's not necessarily ruled out long term. There's ways of getting extra money out of other counties through tariffs and such. Businessmen are good at figuring out tactics of that sort. A question would be how much of Mexico's GNP comes from doing business with the US.

Problem is, Trump has demonstrated all through his life that he's a lousy businessman.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 3:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Problem is, Trump has demonstrated all through his life that he's a lousy businessman.

Agreed! A good businessman does NOT bankrupt his own companies!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 4:47 pm

Most businesses aren’t good then as most have filed bankruptcy at some point. Seems bankruptcy is a solid business plan for most.

Have his business closed down?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 7:05 pm

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Yes, it is ruled out long term.

Mexico has been very clear about the fact that they're "not going to pay for that f*****g wall."

You would have an excellent point about using tariffs to get money out of other countries IF you didn't take your debate discussion point from DJT - who has no idea how tariffs work because he's a liar, conman, and a fraud. Tariffs are not a tax on other countries. They're a tax on your own citizens & corporations for opting to import goods from other countries. That 25% tariff on steel & aluminum? Americans are paying for it - not Mexicans.. and it's resulting in businesses considering closing up shop in the USA and moving to Mexico or Canada: https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/don ... 6385392206

US domestic steel industry benefits by American companies buying from them vs. paying high taxes on foreign steel, but every value adding manufacturer that uses steel just had their costs go way up.. which means either their margins go way down, or they have to raise their prices and risk not being competitive, or their business is simply no longer economically feasible etc. It's a gain for the steel industry, but far bigger losses for all those that use steel & thus a net loss to the US economy.

Mexico has already been reconsidering their reliance on the USA for trade. As soon as trump threatened to raise the price of corn being exported to Mexico, Mexican officials went South.. not only to go shopping, but to sign purchase agreements. They'd rather buy corn from Brazil than deal with unreasonable trade policies & uncertain prices. Canada & Mexico do a lot of trade with the USA, but America makes the mistake of assuming other countries have no option but to rely on them. Instead of doing whatever trump wants, other countries are diversifying their trade agreements.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 7:16 pm

sly279 wrote:
Most businesses aren’t good then as most have filed bankruptcy at some point. Seems bankruptcy is a solid business plan for most.

Have his business closed down?

At least these 10 of his businesses have completely failed:

Rolling Stone: trump's 13 biggest business failures:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... res-59556/

trump's 10 most epic business failures:

10 failed DJT ventures:

etc.

He's had many businesses fail & close down completely.

trump is not a successful self made business man who became a multi-Billionaire by making intelligent business moves with a $1M loan from his father as he has claimed for many years. In reality, he successfully inherited more than $400 Million (in today's dollars) from his father while committing tax fraud in the process so that he didn't have to pay any taxes on that inheritance. https://www.businessinsider.com/new-yor ... ce-2018-10

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 7:32 pm

@Ezra I'm guessing you should be thankful you probably haven't worked in a large business. Correct me if I'm wrong on that btw.

Businessman in my experience just means sociopath or psychopath. That's all.. I've been doing corporate tech work for the better part of a decade. I'm in my second fortune 500 employer for reference. They're just the rich bad apples when you actually meet them. Perfect pictures of overpaid ineptitude.

I sincerely hope you never even have to meet a true "Businessman".

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Last edited by cberg on 08 Jan 2019, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 7:39 pm

cberg wrote:
@Ezra I'm guessing you should be thankful you probably haven't worked in a large business. Correct me if I'm wrong on that btw.

Businessman in my experience just means sociopath or psychopath. That's all.. I've been doing corporate tech work for the better part of a decade. I'm in my second fortune 500 employer for reference. They're just the rich bad apples when you actually meet them. Perfect puctures of overpaid ineptitude.

And I get the feeling that all politicians and rulers are megalomaniacs at any point in history. Even the ones who did great things for their country.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 8:05 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
cberg wrote:

Businessman in my experience just means sociopath or psychopath. That's all.. I've been doing corporate tech work for the better part of a decade. I'm in my second fortune 500 employer for reference. They're just the rich bad apples when you actually meet them. Perfect puctures of overpaid ineptitude.

And I get the feeling that all politicians and rulers are megalomaniacs at any point in history. Even the ones who did great things for their country.

It's thought that politicians often are burdened with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Looking through history at the great leaders, many certainly seem to have had it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 8:08 pm

cberg wrote:

I've known many small businessmen, and they tend to believe that the mega rich business leaders are their peers. Of course, they wouldn't give small business people the time of day, unless they thought they could get something out of it.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 8:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
cberg wrote:

It's thought that politicians often are burdened with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Looking through history at the great leaders, many certainly seem to have had it.

Yeah a megalomaniac is basically a narcissist who is obsessed with power and control.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 2:53 am

DystopianShadows wrote:
Conservatives don't get triggered by every little thing that's said.

Ever tried disagreeing with them? :wink:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 7:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

What's his ratio of success vs failure?