Yale Psychiatrist: Trump fans have trait that

Page 1 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Jan 2019, 2:31 pm

I'd have thought he would lose what support he had with his crazy insistence on getting his own way with the wall and threatening to overrule Congress. But no; diehard supporters will excuse anything he says or does, until the day he invokes Order 66!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 2:58 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
I'd have thought he would lose what support he had with his crazy insistence on getting his own way with the wall and threatening to overrule Congress. But no; diehard supporters will excuse anything he says or does, until the day he invokes Order 66!

Maybe they elected him to build a wall, so they support him upholding his promise to build a wall.
Hardly the first time government has been shut down to get what president wants.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Jan 2019, 3:02 pm

Seems an awful waste of money that could be put to better use.

Not the first time, indeed, but when last did a C in C threaten to bypass Congress and invoke a state of emergency? Not likely to happen in peacetime, but still not the right way to do things.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 3:23 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
DystopianShadows wrote:
A psychiatrist from Yale? I don't put a whole lot of stock into what someone like that thinks.
And actually, if you really look at it, I would say that it is the liberal who continues to display traits that toddlers grow out of. Conservatives don't get triggered by every little thing that's said.

are you sure?
you sound severely triggered.
actually no, you're right. they only get triggered by extremely important things, for example, college students dancing on rooftops.

Uh...what the hell are you even talking about?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 3:32 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
DystopianShadows wrote:
A psychiatrist from Yale? I don't put a whole lot of stock into what someone like that thinks.
And actually, if you really look at it, I would say that it is the liberal who continues to display traits that toddlers grow out of. Conservatives don't get triggered by every little thing that's said.

are you sure?
actually no, you're right. they only get triggered by extremely important things, for example, college students dancing on rooftops.

quality response

i'm pointing out what i find funny.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 3:49 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
All Americans have this trait.

Ouch

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 4:46 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Seems an awful waste of money that could be put to better use.

Not the first time, indeed, but when last did a C in C threaten to bypass Congress and invoke a state of emergency? Not likely to happen in peacetime, but still not the right way to do things.

I don’t think it’s a waste. The navy wasted 30 billion on ships they immediately stopped using.
5 billion isn’t alot for governments.

Obama threaten and did bypass congress all the time
“I have a pen and paper” Obama

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 5:10 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
DystopianShadows wrote:

are you sure?

Probably this

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 5:14 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
It was pointed out before that Trump is an alpha male.

So it makes sense Trump attracts people who appreciate "ALPHA MALE" qualities, like "Might makes right".

:lol: How's kindergarten going?

I guess it takes a lot of integrity to flip-flop on culpability for closing the entire government. This is the most self-entitled piece of narcissistic nonsense I've seen in recent memory.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Last edited by cberg on 07 Jan 2019, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jan 2019, 5:24 pm

As a Canadian (but mostly as a Quebecker), I found out that those who side with Trump are easier to reason with.

I find it hard to discuss with the other side of the political coin.

I am open-minded, but when any and every opinions point toward an unique course of action, I can't help it but to find the whole movement suspect. And this it about BOTH Trump supporters, and those who are against Trump.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 5:27 pm

Then congratulations on closing your mind to half the equation.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 5:30 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

Ouch

Great, he's made the whole world more racist.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 5:34 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Credentials don't count for much when strong personal bias is involved.

EXACTLY!! This is one of the reasons why I've often said that college degrees don't make someone smart, it only makes them learned.

Snarking on the necessity of education is pretty classless, mind you I'm a self-trained hacker & software engineer who dropped out of high school with a GED & I still think higher education is more important than this.

People make themselves smart, or they don't. By the way, Trump founded a fraudulent "university" that was illegal under NY state law.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 5:35 pm

sly279 wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Maybe they elected him to build a wall, so they support him upholding his promise to build a wall.
Hardly the first time government has been shut down to get what president wants.

Dude have any of you ever realized that tunnels can go directly under walls?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 5:39 pm

cberg wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

Ouch

Great, he's made the whole world more racist.

I wouldn't exactly call that "racism". Maybe xenophobia? Like countries disliking other countries even when they pretty much have the same races of people? Or maybe there's a better word for it...

But yeah I get it, some people really dislike Americans and think we're all the same. I find that sad because I personally don't feel that way about other countries. :(

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 5:40 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Seems some folks would prefer a spineless marshmallow. Someone who's passive and milquetoast.

False. You're mistaking peoples' disgust with Donald's behaviour with a preference for someone weak or passive. Strength is fine - desirable, even. It just needs to be wielded appropriately.. i.e. towards enemies alongside allies as opposed to the other way around resulting in 3 of your top Pentagon officials resigning in the last couple weeks, along with the department's pr woman.

It's like I posted in an L&D thread about another members' misconception that physically strong men are aggressive and violent. Not true. I know many Alpha male strong guys from the beach, some of them world class martial artists, and not a single one of us is an aggro instigator. We are all defenders & protectors.

Do you know the difference between machismo & belligerence?